android
Old 04-24-2013, 06:00 PM

Default Cyanogenmod 10 for the Galaxy S Wifi/Player 4.0

Hi guys, I know that the state of our devices are decreasing at a full pace but me and the guys at XDA brought something interesting to you . Cyanogenmod 10. I know this is a copy but I don't know how to better do it.

CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1.2 (Jellybean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
This is a preview build of CM10 for the Samsung Galaxy Player 4. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

All downloads and installation instructions are here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2233983

Please post all your questions/problems here thanks

Thanks to: CM team, bbelos and you guys.

Sources
Jellybean branches:
Device tree: https://github.com/bbelos/android_device_samsung_ypg1
Kernel source: https://github.com/bbelos/android_ke...msung_palladio

Last edited by zacp2; 04-26-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-24-2013, 06:02 PM

One for me.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the heads up. I had looked into cm mod when I first got mine a couple of months ago but it seemed development had stopped with CM 9 and I decided to hang on until mine got out from under it's refurb warranty and hadn't checked back in yet. I still don't know it this is what I'll do and the warranty has a couple of weeks to go. This does let me start looking at this seriously again.

When I look at all the seeming prerequisites to do this safely there seems to be several ways to backup before starting. Is there a set of instructions you recommend that is simple and understandable for a noob?

Old 04-24-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I had looked into cm mod when I first got mine a couple of months ago but it seemed development had stopped with CM 9 and I decided to hang on until mine got out from under it's refurb warranty and hadn't checked back in yet. I still don't know it this is what I'll do and the warranty has a couple of weeks to go. This does let me start looking at this seriously again.

When I look at all the seeming prerequisites to do this safely there seems to be several ways to backup before starting. Is there a set of instructions you recommend that is simple and understandable for a noob?
Hmm there's a video that daniel644 made here for the installation:

http://youtu.be/SrPtQ0RRIx0

Hope it helps.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Administrator

I'm going to have to go further back than that. His tutorial assumes terasilent is already installed which afaik means it needs to be rooted. I'll have to dig up how to back up properly before I'll feel comfortable doing that.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:14 PM

You really should be giving proper credits to the developers by atleast linking to the original thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2233983 (or are you that Zac?, either way you should mention the other Developer and the thread link is better to keep all discussion in one place)

Installing Terrasilent is done using the same method as flashing Steve's Kernel (that is a sticky in this thread) so it should be easy enough for anyone to accomplish.

The other EXTREMELY important aspect is to backup your EFS which can be done by doing the EFS section of this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1632376 this can also be done on your player using terminal emulator (once your rooted) if you can't figure out how to setup adb. DO THIS BEFORE FLASHING CM10. this is important if you ever have troubles and need to revert to stock, if you don't have this backed up (and CWM DOES NOT back it up) and you go back to stock without it you won't be able to flash CM10 again, you will always get an error.

Last edited by Daniel644; 04-25-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel644 View Post
You really should be giving proper credits to the developers by atleast linking to the original thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2233983 (or are you that Zac?, either way you should mention the other Developer and the thread link is better to keep all discussion in one place)

Installing Terrasilent is done using the same method as flashing Steve's Kernel (that is a sticky in this thread) so it should be easy enough for anyone to accomplish.

The other EXTREMELY important aspect is to backup your EFS which can be done by doing the EFS section of this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1632376 this can also be done on your player using terminal emulator (once your rooted) if you can't figure out how to setup adb. DO THIS BEFORE FLASHING CM10. this is important if you ever have troubles and need to revert to stock, if you don't have this backed up (and CWM DOES NOT back it up) and you go back to stock without it you won't be able to flash CM10 again, you will always get an error.
Yeah it's me, zaclimon from xda. I've asked bbelos if I could do a copy of his thread but I forgot to mention the thread link. Would it be better if I mention the thread's link instead of the direct link to download it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Old 04-26-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacp2 View Post
Yeah it's me, zaclimon from xda. I've asked bbelos if I could do a copy of his thread but I forgot to mention the thread link. Would it be better if I mention the thread's link instead of the direct link to download it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Personally, I think it would be best to simply add the link to the thread to the OP and just say to direct all questions to the thread, thats what I do with the install video to try to keep people from asking questions in the video comments.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel644 View Post
Personally, I think it would be best to simply add the link to the thread to the OP and just say to direct all questions to the thread, thats what I do with the install video to try to keep people from asking questions in the video comments.
Would make more sense like this indeed. Thanks, i'll modify the thread right now.