Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Samsung Moderator

Like almost any mp3 player, the W1 uses an hidden partition for system files, not available to the user so that when you format your device, you only format the user partition, there is no risk of deleting the firmware. After formating the device, it should automatically recreate the directory tree in the user partition, that is to say the Music and System folders.
Yes, there is also a System folder on the user partition but it only contains minor files such as SwitchKeyCount.txt and SYSTEM.VER, it's not the *true* system.
I attach you the files but honestly I don't think that will help you much.

Your problem looks strange to me. I don't understand how that can happen. Maybe you wrongly formatted it, I don't know.

Anyway, what I suggest to you now:
-Try to upgrade the firmware. You don't need Kies for that (actually you don't need Kies for anything). Just download the latest firmware 1.11 here:
Extract the archive, put the YP-W1.rom file at the root of your device. Then disconnect it. Then wait until the blue (I guess) LED turns off. That means the firmware has been upgraded.

-If the issue goes on, I would recommend flashing the device. Fortunately, Samsung made a mistake and included in the firmware 1.11 archive the Recovery Tool which is supposed to be confidential and for Samsung internal use only. The Recovery Tool is the Muonizer.exe and updater.bin files. I wanted to make a good Tutorial to use this recovery tool but I haven't had time for that yet.
Basically you should execute Muonizer.exe, tick the box Upgrade Firmware, Format User and Hidden (I wouldn't try Low Level unless that doesn't work without). In the ROM file path select the firmware 1.11.
Then comes the tricky step: connect the W1 to the computer in recovery mode. Make sure your W1 is OFF. Now You have to press reset while connecting it to the PC with the cable. It's difficult because the reset button is not easily accessible because of the clip. I remember last time I tried, I needed 4 or 5times until it worked. Once it works, the red Start button in Muonizer becomes blue. Just click on it and wait

Oh and just one thing: you can only hear the button presses on pause mode. So make sure you're on play mode
Attached Files
File Type: zip (14.73 MB, 60 views)
I'm French^^ *GenerationMP3 Samsung Moderator*

Last edited by lebellium; 05-14-2013 at 11:21 AM.

muse, review, s pebble, samsung, w1, yp-w1