android
Old 05-30-2013, 11:03 AM

Default Getting back the original style "Large" Menu

Hi,

I installed Rockbox on my Sansa Clip Zip, and then installed 7o9's update, by copying it across and overwriting/merging anything it asked.

It seems to work fine, but, i can't figure out how to make it revert to the large simple menu..

I can see a list when i turn it on

Rockbox
  • Files
  • Now Playing
  • Settings
  • Recording
  • FM Radio
  • Playlist Catalogue
Etc..

But i would prefer it so i scroll right/left to Settings/Files and I also can't figure out how to see the Album art..

Also, when i choose a song, it doesn't play automatically, it appears on the screen, but then i have to press Play.. Any way to make them 'auto-play'?

One last thing, Can i delete the ##MUSIC# Folder, or the MUSIC folder, as it's a bit messy looking having the two of them.

Thanks, and sorry for the silly questions.

Last edited by Simple Man; 05-30-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If you're talking about having the original SanDisk menus while using the Rockbox firmware, that's not possible. It's either the SanDisk operating system or the Rockbox operating system; the two are completely separate. Your request is the equivalent asking for a dog with the head of a cat.

As for the ##MUSIC# folder, yes you can delete it when you're in Rockbox. The stock SanDisk firmware automatically creates that folder (for storing MTP-transferred content) whenever you use the original firmware, so just be aware that it will reappear in those circumstances.

I'd advise you to peruse the Rockbox user manual to familiarize yourself with the firmware. The "Album Art" section, for example, should answer your questions about how to make album art visible.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:45 PM

Okay,

Thanks for that. That's a shame. Is there any RockBox custom Firmware/theme that allows you to view it in the same way as the original firmware?
I think it's much better looking..

Old 05-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
Okay,

Thanks for that. That's a shame. Is there any RockBox custom Firmware/theme that allows you to view it in the same way as the original firmware?
I think it's much better looking..
Not that I'm aware of. A number of different themes can be found on the Rockbox site (here), but the menu system always follows the list style you dislike.