android
Old 06-20-2013, 10:14 AM

Default Suggestions for carrier (Canada)

I'm currently with Rogers and my contract is up in August, which means I can finally retire my Blackberry Bold 9700. I've decided which phone I want (Nexus 4), but I'm not so sure about the carrier. Rogers is currently offering a corporate plan until June 30th for government employees which gives 350 minutes, unlimited text, and 5GB data for $50 a month, but I'm reluctant to sign another 3 year contract. Any suggestions/advice would be welcome.

I live in the GTA, so coverage won't be an issue.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El C View Post
I'm currently with Rogers and my contract is up in August, which means I can finally retire my Blackberry Bold 9700. I've decided which phone I want (Nexus 4), but I'm not so sure about the carrier. Rogers is currently offering a corporate plan until June 30th for government employees which gives 350 minutes, unlimited text, and 5GB data for $50 a month, but I'm reluctant to sign another 3 year contract. Any suggestions/advice would be welcome.

I live in the GTA, so coverage won't be an issue.
The deals seem to change so often (hourly?) that trying to predict the best deal 1.5 to 2 months from now seems to be a waste of time. Do you belong to Costco? They usually have different (better) deals.

Apparently the 3-year contract will be going the way of the Dodo bird. I think new government rules come into effect in December (assuming they don't change their mind or get talked out of it).

Steve

Old 06-20-2013, 07:37 PM

I originally got my phone from Costco, and probably will do so again. I'm aware of the changes to the contract but I think the main problem is that 3 years doesn't represent the life cycle of a phone well, especially at the rate that new models come out nowadays.

I'm going to be talking to the phone guy at Costco on Tuesday, so we'll see how things go.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Lol!!! I was just there this evening,... I didn't know I could get a deal on a phone there.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Lol!!! I was just there this evening,... I didn't know I could get a deal on a phone there.
You can in Canada, YMMV in the USA.

Steve