Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Default Safest way to upgrade from Android 2.2.2

I have the YP-G70CW/TTT version of the 5.0 player. It was originally sold on and is believed to be a Caribbean version. It has the physical home key and runs Android 2.2.2.

I would like to upgrade to a newer version of Android without sacrificing features that are important to me such as Bluetooth and the camera. I can live with losing the compass feature.

I have successfully rooted the device with Super One Click, and that was the most technologically nerve wracking thing I have ever done. I have tried looking for advice on xda-developers and 90% of the posts are too technologically complex for me to understand.

So, I turn to all of you for assistance. What is the most stable ROM upgrade that is available for this device, and where do I find the applicable files? Please make sure the upgrade files are accompanied with instructions in either video or picture form so that I can follow step-by-step.

What types of backup should I perform prior to attempting the upgrade - Kies backup? Titanium backup (which I have installed)? or both?

Thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]