android
Old 09-27-2013, 12:48 AM

Help galaxy player vs creative zen touch 2

Galaxy Player is around 200$ while the Creative Zen Touch 2 is around 100$. Both seem like similar products. What are the differences? Is the Galaxy Player really much better?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-27-2013, 02:44 AM

From what I can see, there are 2 versions of the zen, one with gps and one without (hence price?).
Zen has resistive screen, player has superior capacitive screen
Zen has a 480x320 3.2inch screen, player has 800x480 either 4.2 or 5inch screen
Zen has video out, player does not

Zen uses android 2.2, player uses android 2.3 (often the minimum requirement for many apps now), Uk one's run on 2.2 grrrrrr!
I recently wiped my phone (2.2 also), and I could not install many for the apps I had as device was no longer compatible, I had to search for the old apk files to get them working again.

As always, the best thing to do is handle both, I love the 5inch form of the player (fits in a shirt pocket, and biggest screen for the lowest price) for video playback as I have a 64GB card in it. It is also my car gps (navfree works without wifi, so reduced battery drain) and entertainment system (big screen means easy to use/see controls). It has a huge internal battery also. My phone has a 3.2inch screen of 480x320, and it is not great for video.

It all comes down to what you want it for. But be aware, once you start using it, you will find many other uses for it. book reader, notepad, diary, radio, games...

marcel