android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon X7

Old 09-27-2013, 06:01 AM

Default Cowon X7 crashes after containing a certain amount of data

Hi,

I'm very discontent with my device. When I want to transfer more than 2 GB to it the hard disk always starts clicking and crashing and the player doesn't work properly any more. When I want to switch it on the HDD only loads when I switch it on and off several times. The "updating database" status shows up hardly never and the player always makes these clicking noises which indicate the continuous crashing. Also the computer (I use Windows 8) can't recognize the HDD any more but the Flash-drive loads in both cases without problems.

I have already formated it and when there are no files on the decive it doesn't make these crashing sounds and there are also no problems with the usb-connection.

What is the mistake? Can anybody help me? I bought this expensive player because among other things I wanted to have my whole music collection with me. But it can't even handle more than 2 GB.

Thank you,
Alissa

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-07-2013, 12:08 AM

Hello everyone, my name is Harry I write from Peru caribbean 3

While the solution to your problem is this, but first I must make something clear the Cowon X7 been having problems with windows 8 but especially with the 64-bit versions, make sure that the version that you have currently installed is the 32-Bit if not so serious thing that connect to Windows 7 or Windows XP one you see in proceed to copy your files back up and proceed to format it, if the problem persists acontinuacion cure:

download the "Roadkill" program what this program does is remove all traces and trace that had found the hard drive and start from scratch, and you give ready once again to format normally and should be solved the problem of

but you know, if it's about windows 8 is best not to connect the X7 to that system.

yo tambien tengo un X7 pero de 120 Gbs :3

Greetings 3

Last edited by Harry Wave; 12-07-2013 at 12:14 AM.