android
Old 10-01-2013, 12:45 PM

Default iAUDIO 9+ dead after FW v1.04 update

My new iAUDIO 9 plus bricked after copying a large volume of music files. Partially recovered using tcctool, but now it crashes after initial load screen on switch on. Unbricking involved replacing the preinstalled v1.03 firmware with the v1.04 update. I'm suspicious about the length of time the font update takes. Have tried reformatting and repeating FW update many times, same result. Does anyone know if its possible to get hold of the original v1.03 .bin files to see if its the firmware update thats the problem?

Thanks
Jon

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-01-2013, 08:44 PM

sorry but i am unable to find that Firmware. you could try using i9 Firmware but just use the FW.bin File and be sure to use the same file name as the i9+ as well iAUDIO9P_FW.BIN

this shouldn't do any harm as you can use tcctool to hopefully bring it back to life. i have done this with my cowon S9 (trying to install J3 firmware on it) and using tcctool brought it back to life.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:52 AM

Thanks for that. I used the iaudio9 v1.17 firmware (renamed as 9p) and have signs of life.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:49 AM

so you did try i9 Firmware and then reinstalled i9+ Firmware? glad that worked out

Old 10-03-2013, 02:40 AM

Not quite, so far just running happily on the i9 firmware, I'm not sure I trust the i9+ firmware and for the sake of JetEffects 5 doesn't seem worth trying the update again. The i9+ was a replacement for a much loved i9 with cracked screen so reasonable replacement, happy to wait for the next i9+ FW update.

Tags
bricked, firmware, iaudio9+