android
Old 10-23-2013, 10:44 AM

Default H140 (iHP-140) Not powering on

Hi guys, does anyone know if the hard drive can be removed from the H140 and put into some sort of enclosure so that the files can be removed from it as the device will not power on anymore?
Any help would be much appreciated!
Cheers,
Marty

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-23-2013, 02:37 PM

Hello Marty and welcome to the forums.
Yes the drive can be removed from the player and installed to an enclosure. Ebay is probably the best source for one eg: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40
just be sure its a 50pin ide type connector so it'll fit your drive.
You can download directions for disassembly here http://st4.divshare.com/launch.php?f=24679953&s=240
Have you tried giving the player a long charge as they wont boot sometimes if the battery is totally flat. It'd also be worthwhile disconnecting the battery (or cut the wire to save a full disassembly) while the player is apart and then connect the charger and see if it'll power up incase the battery is dead and preventing it from starting. If it does boot,replacement batteries are readily available from ebay and not hard to fit.
Garry

Old 05-27-2014, 07:22 PM

Thanks to jumbuck for the tips. Somehow my h120 was left on and drained completely, I disassembled it and was able to remove the battery and plug the 120 into the charger and it came back to life. A new battery is on it's way and I'll replace it in a few days.

If someone knows who owns the great disassembly instructions, can you ask them to include a note that you need a T4 Torx driver. The hardest part of the entire process was figuring out if those are hex head or torx screws and what driver to use to remove them.

Thanks again,
Brian