android
Old 11-06-2013, 10:34 AM

Default How do I create a playlist for the iAudio 9?

How do you create a playlisit for a cowon i9.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Welcome to ABi

More info would be helpful. Are you talking about using software to create playlists from the files on the player? If that's the case how you go about it would depend on if you connect in MTP or MSC mode. They both have their advantages but I use MSC because most of the software I use needs to see a drive letter to work. There's software that can work in MTP mode but I find it less reliable.

If you're talking about creating a playlist on the player there's a Favorites list you can use. I didn't find it the most intuitive process and it took me a while to get the hang of it. Now that I have I find it handy to create on the fly playlists that match my mood. Give us some more info and someone will try to help.

BTW, please use descriptive thread titles in the future. "Playlists" doesn't let anyone know what you need and isn't searchable by the next person that needs to know the same thing you did.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:30 PM

I'm on Linux so I have to create them manually as text files. They're m3u playlists, but the silly thing uses backslashes in paths (windows style). I guess on windows you could just use winamp, or something. Then you could just create playlists in the ia9 Playlists dir with relative paths and they should work.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Administrator

I'm on Windows most of the time but I have a Ubuntu partition I use at times. I use EasyTag in that when I want to make playlists without having to edit them. I found the direction here. The directions are for sandisk players but following them I have created EXTM3U playlists that work on my i9 and every about every other player I've tried.

The EasyTag created playlists use relative paths and the Windows backslash separator most players need to follow the path to the music files. I didn't think it would work at first as they get saved in the root folder instead of the playlist folder. Turns out it doesn't matter, the player finds the playlist during it's database refresh regardless of location. As long as the internal file paths are right the playlist works.

Please don't yell at me if EasyTag doesn't work the same with your distro. There's so many flavors of Linux that it's not possible to give advice that covers them all. I'm just saying what works for me.

One big thing if you don't already know. Be sure to empty your .Trash folder if you have one before you disconnect. Cowon players can brick if they encounter files with a leading "." during a database refresh. They're just not very *nix friendly.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:03 PM

The problem with easytag is that it only creates the playlist in alphabetical order. You can't setup the order of the tracks. Also, that link assumes you want all your playlists sitting in the parent directory, instead of in the Playlists directory, which is a mess.