android
Old 11-13-2013, 03:50 PM

Default H320 stopped working

Hello.

I have a H320 player that i haven't used for 2 years.
I wanted to start using it again. It starts normally, but when it get on, it says there are 0 files and 0 folders in it.
More over, if it try to connect it to the PC - it says connected, but i cant find the drive itself looking in "My computer".

Any suggestiong from the pro's?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-14-2013, 07:20 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Welcome to ABI

This seems like the hard drive is crashed or is has is stifled from being in a dormant state for so long. I suggest to try to restart it several times, and if it still fails you might have to replace the hard drive. It's a relatively straight forward process and all it takes is to remove the casing. Once the casing is removed the hard drive should be pretty much accessible.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:22 AM

Default what kind oh hdd is there?

where can i buy a new one?

thanks!

Old 11-14-2013, 08:18 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

The H320s can still be purchased from some places, such as the following:
http://www.amazon.com/iRiver-H320-Di.../dp/B00065W74G

As for the hard drive itself, I believe this is the type you're looking for, and it's 30GB, which will provide even more additional space:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=171163551550

When taking apart the H320 I believe there's also adhesive tape that secures it, so yo might need to pull harder than expected. But, try restarting it several times, and if it still doesn't start it could be the armature of the hard drive needs to get freed. Search for this on Google.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:06 PM

Another option is to replace the hard disk with an SSD such as http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kinspec-32GB...item5d3b74ca83

You can get similar SSDs from the same maker in sizes 16GB, 64GB and 128GB. I put a 128GB in my H340. It will also fit right into a H320. You have to run Rockbox to use an SSD as the original iRiver firmware only recognises conventional hard disks. The advantages of an SSD are zero mechanical or electrical noise, no moving parts so increased reliability and very hard to damage through vibration, knocks or inactivity, much faster disk access so no lag, and I think power use is lower as well though I don't have figures.