android
Old 10-29-2013, 06:59 AM

Default Problems with 4.2 Player

Hello all- hope someone can help me with this.
Yesterday my Galaxy 4.2 media player wouldn't charge. Last night I fiddled with the cable & managed to get it charging. I thought that was the end of that & listened to a podcast. This is where it got really strange.
I turned the player off- it was completely off (there was that annoying long wait until it vibrates) & then it began charging by itself whilst switched off! I tuned it on & it showed the 'charging x%' message & the battery lightening bolt!
It kept doing it & turning itself on. In the end I removed the SD card & did a full wipe & reset- of the device not the SD card. That seemed to be the end of it (again) & I walked to work with it playing fine. It turned off ok but after about half an hour it made the charging noise along with the image of the battery. It kept doing this so I've had to remove the battery.

I'm baffled by this sudden bizzare & downright spooky behaviour. Is there something I can do to fix this? Has anyone else experienced this?

I've had it for over a year & when it comes to avoiding ipod there's not much choice.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-03-2014, 10:41 PM

is the battery removable like a cell phone?

take it out and check it...does it look swollen a swollen battery could cause it to act the way its acting...mine was acting weird and when i took the battery out i noticed it was swollen...amazon has new samsung batteries for like 8 bux....

Old 01-04-2014, 10:20 AM

Make sure the micro usb port is not full of pocket lint or the such. Power the unit down, remove the battery and carefully clean the port out with a toothpick or something similar, just do not use anything conductive(pin, wire) as doing so could cause permanent damage.