android
Old 01-03-2014, 04:37 AM

@VanniX: So can we (the users) do anything about it, or do we have to wait until the bug is fixed in Rockbox? And is the bug known to the Rockbox developers?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Its not a bug in Rockbox, but rather the r0 audio driver. This is a common problem actually, usually because either the DMA engine drops a sample somewhere or a i2s clock is missed resulting in L/R pairs being shifted into R/L.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Its not a bug in Rockbox, but rather the r0 audio driver. This is a common problem actually, usually because either the DMA engine drops a sample somewhere or a i2s clock is missed resulting in L/R pairs being shifted into R/L.
That is exactly what I suspected, moreover it only happens at 200MHz.
I should give a look at the datasheet and see if it is possible to slow down the clock when being in 200MHz.
The strange fact is that it does NOT happen when playing stuff from internal nand, I never had it at least.

By the way, for all users that complained about battery life I spotted a bug which was causing rockbox benchmark run only about 18 hours vs 25 hours if charged by OF. Nothing serious, but nice to have spotted
(No, it is not yet in the daily build)

Old 01-08-2014, 03:12 PM

However with samsung official firmware and cpu freq forced to 200mhz there isn't the channel swapping issue, but only the known lag with dnse enabled :/

Old 01-09-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanniX View Post
However with samsung official firmware and cpu freq forced to 200mhz there isn't the channel swapping issue, but only the known lag with dnse enabled :/
Backlight on or off? I had choppy audio when backlight off using my old cpu trick program ^^
Basically it did check cpu freq once every X seconds and lowering it if necessary. Why? Simply because OF tends to set it again to 532 mhz (at least I did see that at the time, when my experience in programming and stuff was still at its early ages haha)

Old 01-11-2014, 05:16 PM

Backlight on and off. Audio glitches are present only with dnse enabled.
No, i don't think the OF set 532 again after startup, i note that if i change cpu freq to 200000 with serial port it use 200mhz until next reboot.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:25 PM

Either I'm a very lucky guy or I'm not nearly as attentive to the music as I thought, but I've never noticed this channel swap. I've had audio glitches when I changed songs. What does the channel swap sound like when it happens?
I nearly only listen to Flacs, have no EQs whatsoever and have a 64GB card. Could it just concern lossy codecs?

Old 01-18-2014, 02:43 PM

Hi, guys.
I'm having some odd issues using Rockbox.

From time to time, and now it's more frequent, the system freezes playing a song or going back to the microSD directories list. The card itself is ok, never gave me a problem on my PC. I've reinstalled Rockbox yesterday after formatting the internal memory, but the issue stays the same.
I just checked the internal memory for bad sectors with Victoria and shows none of them. It seems fine. The device works well with the Samsung firmware. Don't know what else to try Any help is appreciated.

UPDATE

I ran checkdisk on internal memory and reinstalled the last LightROM. For now it seems to work just fine. Will test it more for some days and post back if the issue reoccurs.
Rockbox'ed Samsung YP-R0 + 32gb Sandisk microSD

Last edited by stork; 01-18-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Samsung Moderator

The microSD automounting patch for R0 was merged into the Rockbox tree yesterday.
Now you don't have to reboot the device anymore when inserting and removing a microSD card.
Just update to the latest build

Old 02-25-2014, 04:04 AM

Unhappy

With automounting patch for R0 non-latin filenames looks like "?????.mp3" on SDCard.
mount until start rockbox
Quote:
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /mnt/mmc type vfat (rw,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset =utf8)
mount after start rockbox
Quote:
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /mnt/mmc type vfat (rw,sync,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,ioch arset=iso8859-1)
I think this is due to a string in the patch http://gerrit.rockbox.org/r/#/c/332/.../system-ypr0.c
Code:
static int mount_sd(void)
{......
			char iocharset[64] = "iocharset=";
			strlcat(iocharset, get_current_codepage_name_linux(), sizeof(iocharset));
ret = mount("/dev/mmcblk0p1", "/mnt/mmc", "vfat",
			MS_MGC_VAL | MS_SYNCHRONOUS | MS_RELATIME, iocharset);
....}
get_current_codepage_name_linux() returns the "current" code page iso8859-1 instead of utf8.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:30 PM
Samsung Moderator

I also noticed that issue.
I'll report it to Kugel

Old 02-25-2014, 05:02 PM
Rockbox Developer

Change your codepage to UTF8 in the Rockbox settings, the mount command will follow that. Note that Linux prints a warning when fat volumes are mounted with iocharset=utf8.

Old 02-26-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
Change your codepage to UTF8 in the Rockbox settings
In my opinion, setting "Settings - General Settings - Display - Default Codepage" has no effect.
Moreover, there I always set cp1251 (Cyrillic)

LightROM 4.6. maybe this is a "feature" of this firmware.

Last edited by ottogrey; 02-26-2014 at 12:26 AM. Reason: add firmware

Old 02-28-2014, 01:34 AM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottogrey View Post
In my opinion, setting "Settings - General Settings - Display - Default Codepage" has no effect.
Moreover, there I always set cp1251 (Cyrillic)

LightROM 4.6. maybe this is a "feature" of this firmware.
There was a bug in Rockbox, setting UTF-8 should work now.

Please be aware of two things:
a) I only test on the firmware we provide, not on others floating around here.
b) The Linux kernel in that firmware (the unmodified Samsung one) does lack many codepages, setting these in Rockbox will not affect the mount options of the sd card if the kernel does not support them. In this case no iocharset mount option and the Linux kernel defaults to iso8859-1

Old 02-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
There was a bug in Rockbox, setting UTF-8 should work now.
Just tried on device and it seems to work now, thanks

edit: hum after rebooting the device, removing and inserting the card, it stops working, then after removing and inserting the card again, it works again... or not...etc... the setting doesn't seem to be reliable and consistent.

Quote:
a) I only test on the firmware we provide, not on others floating around here.
You provide a firmware? Really?

The R0 has been in the Rockbox tree for 2 years now and it's one of the only target not to have an official bootloader available for download.

The other targets have either a prebuilt bootloader to download or can be used in Rockbox Utility to install the bootloader.

For the R0 you are obliged to compile the bootloader yourself. Don't forget that most users can't compile themselves and therefore as long as there is nothing to download from the Rockbox website, I personally consider modded firmware v2.51 and LR 4.6 as the official Rockbox bootloaders/firmwares for R0. Those are used by 90% of rockboxed R0 users and thus are much more representative for testing.

Last edited by lebellium; 02-28-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Just tried on device and it seems to work now, thanks

edit: hum after rebooting the device, removing and inserting the card, it stops working, then after removing and inserting the card again, it works again... or not...etc... the setting doesn't seem to be reliable and consistent.

You provide a firmware? Really?

The R0 has been in the Rockbox tree for 2 years now and it's one of the only target not to have an official bootloader available for download.

The other targets have either a prebuilt bootloader to download or can be used in Rockbox Utility to install the bootloader.

For the R0 you are obliged to compile the bootloader yourself. Don't forget that most users can't compile themselves and therefore as long as there is nothing to download from the Rockbox website, I personally consider modded firmware v2.51 and LR 4.6 as the official Rockbox bootloaders/firmwares for R0. Those are used by 90% of rockboxed R0 users and thus are much more representative for testing.
Well, we provide the the tools required to build a firmware that can boot Rockbox. While it requires a toolchain and Linux, cross compilation is not required, and can be done on a live system.

The situation is difficult for the R0 because the tools that are required run only on Linux (to unpack/pack the root fs), and therefore rbutil integration is complicated. We don't provide prebuilt firmwares because they contain copyright by Samsung, thus we cannot legally distribute it. It's unfortunate, I know.

What we provide through our source tree is what we call official, regardless of your view.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:23 AM

Hi all,

with the Rockbox version 50f0dd8-140310 (10.03.2014), special chars like the German "umlauts" are displayed as "" in file & dir names on the SD card.

With "Settings > General Settings > Display > Default Codepage" set to "Unicode (UTF-8)", these characters are displayed correctly only when I remove and insert the SD card manually. After the next reboot, umlauts are displayed wrong again.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:26 AM
Rockbox Developer

The code page setting indeed only affects the sdcard upon mount, so after changing it it must be reinserted. But the setting should be stable across reboots. Did you shut down cleanly?

Old 03-15-2014, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Did you shut down cleanly?
Yes, I pressed the On/Off button until Rockbox displayed "Shutting down" and the display went off.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:57 PM

Hi guys, the other day i looked in on the project pages and noticed there's still new nightly builds being posted, so i tried updating to the latest version.

Unfortunately i can't get the most recent versions to run. They get as far as the RB splash screen, then the R0 just switches off.

I'm using the 2.51 dual-boot lightrom.

I found an older RB build that works, but now i've lost the FM radio, which i use frequently. There's no option to select FM radio available.

Can anyone post a link to the most recent RB version with a working FM radio? I've looked but can't find...

Tags
r0, rockbox, samsung yp-r0