android
Old 02-05-2014, 07:23 PM

Default 4.2 Connection Issues

I have had the 4.2 for a little over 2 years not. Recently, it has had issues with connecting to wifi. I will turn wifi on and it will connect, but when I use an app or the internet, it says there is no connection. I have to constantly turn on/off the wifi until it actually works. It usually takes over 4 times to get it to actually function properly, even though it says it is actually connected. Any solutions?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-06-2014, 07:01 PM

Does it have the correct date and time? A lot of times with these devices when they have incorrect date and/or time this will happen.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Administrator

My SGP 4.0 is odd that way too. Every once in a while the date resets itself and it takes repeated tries to get it to connect over Wifi. I get messages that security certificates are out of date and can't connect to google play when that happens. After I reset the date everything goes back to normal.

I also have times when it won't connect through my home router. When I try other devices that use the same router they work just fine. I reset the router and the SGP connects again. I don't have to update my sign on or do anything else but reset the router.

I'm starting to suspect it's a conflict between my router and Samsung devices. I have a no contract Samsung phone I gave to a friend who uses as a wifi enabled media player. It connects everywhere else and most of the time on my router. Every once in a while it won't. Rebooting the phone and trying to sign in again won't get it to connect. After I reset the router it connects right away.