android
Old 07-21-2014, 01:47 AM

Exclamation Samsung Galaxy 3.6 Player - ROOTING PROBLEMS

Hello everyone,
I own a Samsung Galaxy Player Android 3.6-inches that's running Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread. I have tried the solutions on this site http://androidevolved.com/forums/gal...-3-6-root.html and I have even tried using gingerbeak and various other "on device root" tools. Io attempt rooting it but they have all failed to work. I have also tried researching everywhere for more information with no luck. I dual boot linux OS and windows XP if that might be of any help to you. If anybody knows a way to help me get this device rooted I'd greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks in advanced!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-21-2014, 06:49 AM

Flash the correct kernel from this post with odin, and then root with superoneclick.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2198234

Old 07-21-2014, 07:12 AM
Administrator

^ What he said...+1.

I rooted my SGP 4.0 using the information I found in The Samsung Galaxy Players/S Wifi All-In-One Thread over on xdadevelopers. I wouldn't be in a hurry but if you dig in and do some reading you'll find it's not difficult. It took a while to track down exactly the right rooting method and find how to back everything up but it was worth it.

I'd definitely take the part about making your nandroid backups and storing them off the device seriously. I thought I had bricked my SGP 4.0 by not paying attention and following directions a couple of times. When I dug into the recovery directions and used the files from my backup the way they directed it brought it back to life.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:07 PM

Default Question

So if I do this I will lose all of my data and I have to restore? Is that correct?

Old 07-25-2014, 07:48 AM

If you are just going to root you won't loose anything. All apps and data should be unaffected. It's when you flash a rom that you end up wiping the system.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:52 PM

Default My thanks

Thank you all for your links and guidance! I've successfully rooted my Samsung galaxy player!

Old 07-26-2014, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Good to hear. Hope whatever setup you have now is bringing the benefits I'm getting from rooting.

The SGP 4.0 wasn't bad at all running stock. Now that it's running CM Mod 11 with Kit Kat there's a nice bump in capability and performance. If nothing else being able to use Viper4Android every bit of the skull sweat worthwhile.

The skull sweat part was on me, not the developers. I wasn't as careful as what I should have been when I upgraded from one rom to the next and caused the problems I experienced. When I followed the directions for recovery then did it the way I should have the first time it took a few minutes and has been rock solid ever since.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Good to hear. Hope whatever setup you have now is bringing the benefits I'm getting from rooting.

The SGP 4.0 wasn't bad at all running stock. Now that it's running CM Mod 11 with Kit Kat there's a nice bump in capability and performance. If nothing else being able to use Viper4Android every bit of the skull sweat worthwhile.

The skull sweat part was on me, not the developers. I wasn't as careful as what I should have been when I upgraded from one rom to the next and caused the problems I experienced. When I followed the directions for recovery then did it the way I should have the first time it took a few minutes and has been rock solid ever since.
Rock solid? Do you mean bricked?

Hey does anybody know of any tools to ennahnce my audio on this device and does anybody know of any apps that can help make the FM tuner that's built in be "overclocked" so the radio will sound better?

Thanks for your help in advanced!

Tags
galaxy, gingerbead, problems, rooting, samsung