android
Old 02-02-2007, 06:14 AM

Default 1 Zen screen on Boot or Two?

When I turn my Zen off and theb back on- within a relatively short amount of time- i get a Creative Zen boot screen and then it goes into my Menu. When I dock my Zen with my wall unit to charge overnight- I get up in the morning, turn it on and get 2 en screens. The 1st one is just a large ZEN with a black background. The 2nd is the Creative Zen screen that I mentioned in the beginning of this post. What determines whether you get 1 or 2? Is getting this normal?

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-02-2007, 06:47 AM

Post Pretty sure i got it-just fuzzy on the details

When you turn your zvm on after docking/charging overnight it will display 3 screens: Creative->then->ZEN->then->ZEN Vision M. This should basically happen if the player has been powered down for more than 6 hrs (i think?? someone correct me..dfkt....ZenChick )

If you have had the player powered down for less than 6 hrs, then it should just display the "ZEN Vision M" screen.

FYI it SHOULD remember where you were last browsing/listening on your zvm.
I just powered on my zen after 6hrs (while posting this) and it remembered exactly where i was looking and what i was listening to..pretty handy feature.

Edit: Oh and welcome to the forums and congratulations on your newly purchased ZVM!!
Also check out some of the other thread's covering protection for your zen. This thing will scratch if you look at it funny. Try a BSE or invisibleShield. And perhaps some AppleSauce if you <I>already</I> have scratches on it

Players I've owned
iPod Nano 2Gb - DECEASED
iRiver H10 20Gb - STOLEN

Current Players
Creative Zen Vision:M 30Gb (soon to be modded to 60GB ) - Home/Work
iRiver Clix 2Gb - Gym/Sport
Headphones - Sennheiser CX-300 iPod White (gross)thats all they had....honest)

Old 02-02-2007, 08:13 AM

Ahhh- there's nothing quite like an answer that satisfies! Thanks so much. I inquired about it because I had some problems yesterday when I tried to boot it up. It froze, I had to use the recovery console, etc, etc and so on. Not fun. I reloaded the firware last night, reloaded my entire library, tested it and now everything seems to be working properly. Let's hope it lasts.

Yes, I already got a case for my ZVM and I ordered those Invisible shield things for it. I don't have any major scratches yet but there are already streaks that don't rub off easily. Plus, I had gotten one of those DLO cases and it was a nightmare. It was too tight and it depressed all the buttons so I wouldn't be able to use them, turn it on, off, etc. what a terrible make case that is! Oh, and I ordered that scratch-off solution. I forget who makes it. It should be coming in the mail soon, hopefully. I'm prepared! It sure doesn't take long to mess up the screen, does it?

Anyway, thanks for your quick response. I feel a lot better now. My first week with the ZVM hasn't exactly been care free. I'm hoping things will smoothe out now so I can just enjoy the darned thing!

Take care.

-T

Old 02-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfiore75 View Post
My first week with the ZVM hasn't exactly been care free. I'm hoping things will smoothe out now so I can just enjoy the darned thing!
as soon as you get that invisible shield, you'll be tossing knives at it.