android
Old 01-30-2007, 10:07 AM

Default All the buttons are mixed up.

I've got a problem with my ZVM (30). All the buttons are mixed up. The "My shortcut" button is to select something, I can't scroll up, and my Options, Play/Pause and Back buttons are "Play Random songs", which I think is what I selected for my Shortcut button. Resetting, "cleaning up" from the recovery menu etc. didn't solve the problem. This happened before, but it solved automaticly when my cousin touched it.(he's like some sort of saint with these things, he really just touched it... well actually, he pounded on it).. but that didn't work this time...

Any one knows about this? And how to solve this problem.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-30-2007, 10:09 AM

Maybe upgrade/downgrade your firmware?

I forget where it is (if it's in the menus or recovery menu) but there's a "reset settings" option too, you could try that.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:25 AM

No, that didn't help either. But thanks anyway. Maybe I'll try upgrading firmware. Never even heard about that since today.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:01 PM

If it doesn't work, you should probably just RMA the player.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Agreed. Select "Reload Firmware" from the Recovery Mode menu, and then reinstall the firmware (note: Have the latest firmware already downloaded to your computer from the Creative site before you do this).

If reloading the firmware doesn't fix it, then your player is definitely borked, and you'll need to contact Creative for an RMA.

Old 02-02-2007, 12:33 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks everyone. I just let my ZVM alone for a few days. I thought about what I heard. If you shut it down, it'll reboot from the RAM, if you restart it whitin a few hours, but if you leave it longer (six hours I think) the RAM is cleared (and it takes longer to start up). It didn't work when I tried it (leaving it rest for a day). But now, somehow, it functions normally again.
I don't know what it is, I just left it on my desk for about a day-and-a-half.
Well, at least now there is some hope for the people who have this problem, because I didn't find anything about this at the internet.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:52 PM

Wow, that is a darn strange solution to your problem.

I find it so odd when time heals all wounds, including technology-relevant wounds. I used to have a Gameboy game that somehow got screwed up (no idea how, but it would freeze on the main page) and after about 4 years (I tried it maybe twice a year for those 4 years), it was magically corrected.

Sorry for the story, I just had to go off on that little tangent.