android
Old 02-03-2007, 02:01 PM

getting the latest firmware was one of the first things to do, but it's not too late The latest fixes a lot of the freezing problems folks were having and gives back the radio recording (if that's important to you)

After you install the firmware, you will not have to do anything differently...other than go get something to eat while your player fills up

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-03-2007, 02:42 PM

get latest firmware as 21 said. its the msot important thing for u to do

Old 02-03-2007, 03:48 PM

I'm quite scared I'll jinx it by saying so, but I did that firmware bit and it seems to be working like a charm! I'm at 1144 out of 1609 of a different folder, but it hasn't frozen once yet. At this rate, I will be able to get all the music I need! (I hope I still have a battery life after this to listen to it with. It's pratically been plugged into the computer nonstop since last night, lol.)

Thank you guys so very much for all the help. I guess in the end it sorta turned out to be a stupid question, but I didn't know about the firmware stuffage and stupid questioins typically have very easy answers, so that's good.

I was always sure I wasn't gonna get an iPod, but part of the reason why I chose a Zen was this forum with so much availible help. I'm really grateful for it.

Old 02-03-2007, 04:51 PM

hint: get an AC wall charger which plugs into the little sync adapter thingy (dongle)-why do I feel the urge to giggle every time I see that word

Your Zen will charge up much faster than USB charging.

Old 02-03-2007, 05:17 PM

Oh, I got a wall adapter. I'm taking it with me on my trip.

The problem I was alluding to was the whole over charge thing with the lithium battery and how you shouldn't have it charging still if it's already full. That whole can of worms. More of a battery life that will last the proper amount of time deal.

(I have the same issue with "dongle." I giggle. Everytime. You are not alone. )

Old 02-03-2007, 05:22 PM

Thanks to you guys, I am now done loading music. I've got 5,380 songs, running version 1.61.01, a full charge, and I'm not even pressed for time to get it all done.

Again, thanks so much. I could never have gotten even half of that loaded without you all, and here look at me with everything done and twelve hours to spare before I leave! Absolutely beautiful. I love Zen and Zenpeople.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:04 PM

have a blast on your trip!! take some pics to share

Old 02-03-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeriel View Post
Thanks to you guys, I am now done loading music. I've got 5,380 songs, running version 1.61.01, a full charge, and I'm not even pressed for time to get it all done.

Again, thanks so much. I could never have gotten even half of that loaded without you all, and here look at me with everything done and twelve hours to spare before I leave! Absolutely beautiful. I love Zen and Zenpeople.
A firmware upgrade solved it? Hallelujah!
And you're welcome. We Zen geeks always stick together ;-)