android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > iRiver > iriver clix2 (U20)

Old 02-20-2007, 04:43 AM

Talking Wait for the new model

Hi CLiKor, Since I own a 4GB Clix, which is really great (and I mean it ), my advise for you is to wait for the new model—even more so if it will be available in the US within a short period of time.

The 30fps for video are one good reason (probably a better processor), the podcast capability another. And yes, I still know what I wrote when I saw only one photograph of the Clix 2—the form factor convinces me entirely by now.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-20-2007, 11:45 AM

Thanks, I'll keep my eye open for online stores that have them in stock or when they are in th e-store.

Do you think the accesories for the clix (1) will work for the clix2? I imagine the cradle won't work because of the slight change in dimensions but I am more worried about the car transmitter since I'll probably buy that before the cradle.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Depends on the transmitter system you are using

Hi CLiKor, You are right, the new cradle is totally different and the Clix 1 will not fit at all—and vice versa. But I like the reduced design of the cradle for the Clix 2 because of the way how they integrated the speaker.

As far as the car transmitter is concerned it depends on the technique of this transmitter.

I am not sure whether you use the same ones as we do in Germany. We have radio car transmitters for example which use the normal headphone socket of the player where any (not necessarily iRiver) transmitter will be plugged in.

The small transmitter is now connected to the player and will create a short (!) range radio frequency which can be received by any radio in the car, and you just tune in to the known frequency of this transmitter. So the source you are listening to on your car hifi system is now the brand new, stylish super Clix 2.

As this system is player independent it will work with the Clix 2 without any problem. I think it is worth to study some test reports in order to find a descent inexpensive one with a good sound quality.

But you should check at first whether this kind of transmitter is allowed by your local authorities and legislation. In Germany it took some time but now it is OK with them.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:58 PM

Haptic is right, the thing is lots of transmitters use just the headphone jack. If that's the case then the clix2 will work fine. However it it was made especially for the clix and it uses the sync/charge port at the bottom then it won't work on the clix2. The clix2 uses standard usb and not that special port the clix1 did. I'm not sure but I didn't think any radio transmitters were made special for the clix.

My Deviant Art page - they make great wallpapers

Old 02-21-2007, 05:36 AM

Exclamation Clix 2 release officially confirmed for Germany

Good news for Germany—and the rest of Europe. As it has been officially confirmed by iRiver Germany (Eschborn), the Clix 2 will be available in Germany soon. No exact date or prices yet.

In contrast to the u10 which happened to be the last D-click device on the German market, the Clix 2 will of course offer here full MTP and UMS functionality as the Clix 2 does worldwide.

By the way, this year iRiver will not attend CeBIT “The leading business event for the digital world” in Hannover, 15-21 March 2007.

So, we still have to wait to experience the more advanced D-click system.