android
Old 02-07-2007, 02:32 PM

Default zen v plus 8 gb has a bad sound quality?

Hey Guys,

I am not totally satiesfied with my new zen v plus because the sound he blasts to my ears is really not the best

I had a the cowon iaudio 6 4gb and this one was really amazing using cx300 as in ear plugs but sadly it broke after a day... dont ask

Am I wrong? Can I tweak the sound quality? (Besides better mp3 quality - 160kbs join stereo should be enough)

I thought about buying better ear plugs (ive got the cx300 and the Sony MDR-EX 71 SLW) like Sony MDR-EX 90 or Ultimate Ears metro.fi 2!

Would that give me a little boost?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-09-2007, 11:27 AM

I just received the Zen V plus 8GB for my wife yesterday and it sounds really great. I download at 192 kb/s, use Sennheiser headphones (I hate earbuds), and adjusted the players EQ with custom setting. Try any or all of these things and I am sure it will help. I am REALLY fussy about sound and have been a musician all of my life and played hundreds of shows, believe me, this player sounds excellent. Of course, there may be a problem with your player, these little electronic devices can be iffy but try the above stuff and post again...

Old 02-11-2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodles07 View Post
I just received the Zen V plus 8GB for my wife yesterday and it sounds really great. I download at 192 kb/s, use Sennheiser headphones (I hate earbuds), and adjusted the players EQ with custom setting. Try any or all of these things and I am sure it will help. I am REALLY fussy about sound and have been a musician all of my life and played hundreds of shows, believe me, this player sounds excellent. Of course, there may be a problem with your player, these little electronic devices can be iffy but try the above stuff and post again...
ok, ill try that out :x

thanks

Old 02-22-2007, 04:33 AM

To be honest it seams like my Sandisk Sansa e270 sounds better than my Zen V plus 8Gb. Creative one seams like more "plastic-sound" and less detailed. Il direct-compare them with same mp3's and let you folks know what i think.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:00 PM

I feel that the SanDisk Sansa e280 is more detailed but a bit too bright sounding while the Zen V Plus 8GB sounds a bit muddy but warm, especially with Bass Boost.

I wish Samsungs made the T9 with 8GB.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:44 AM

I compared the two players, Creative Zen V Plus 8Gb, and Sandisk Sansa e270.

I used Sennheiser PX100 as headphones and two different mp3s which are both ripped at the best quality i know of, in VBR. The mp3 songs have a average bitrate of 178 kbps and 238 kbps.

The conclusion here was that the e270 has a richer sound both in regards to high and low (any)frequency, and the sounds are more dynamic because of this. Zen V Plus seams to have a poorer frequency range and less signal/noise ratio than the e270. The Loudness button(Bass Boost) really boosts the level of distortion, and kills the sounds completely with the PX100 headphones. This has probably to do with the low S/N ratio of the player.

I havent tested with the original Zen V Plus earbuds or the e270's earbuds.