android
Old 02-23-2007, 11:28 AM

Default crap my player just FUBAR'ed itself

i think i have doen something to my player now. i was using wmp11 and every time i would sync songs over it would get to about 80% and stop responding. i have to keep unplugging it from th epc. what is a good way to make it so it wont freeze anymore

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Insignia Moderator

Could be your computer. The only way to find out is to try it with another computer.

You might try formatting it. That sometimes fixes odd stuff like this.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:59 PM

crap. this is the only xp box i have. another weird thing is if i paste a jpg onto the cd in wmp 11 it will convert it but sometimes wont transfer it.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:13 PM

im thinkin its my wmp 11. for example. when i just pasted a pic for the album art , it changed it on three other albums that are not even the same artist. for example. the song i wrote i pasted a album art pic on it and it changed it on van halens pic.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Insignia Moderator

Interesting... Are those two songs in the same folder?

Old 02-26-2007, 11:11 AM

sorry for the long delay in messages. no they are not in the same folder. well crap. see i have one folder on my HDD that holds allll my music. so technically, yes its in the same folder. i have anothewr question concerning wmp11. my laptop at work has only the songs on it from my insignia. i did a copy paste so i would have a back up just in case. so wmp 11's library points to the insignia back up folder. my question is, when i take home my insignia and use it on my home desktop which has all my songs on it from over the years, is wmp 11 gonna say it cant find any of the songs on the play list on my insignia. or is it gonna have to transfer all the songs from the player to my library on my home computer. are these insignias multi computer happy or are they just single computer happy.

Old 02-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Insignia Moderator

Thought so. If you keep all your music in one folder, the album can become mixed up. You need to put albums in their own folders.

You shouldn't have any problems. If WMP sees songs on your player that aren't the library, it should just ignore them.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:29 AM

ahh crap. i have over 13,000 ( i orignaly had over 300,000+ but i got into a lot of trouble at school for it) songs but they are all from lime wire and such. this sux, lol now im gonna have to make a folder for each artist and then albums for each artist. i mean here is another example of what hass happened. i have a song by matt skiba named next to you and a song van halen named dance the night away. well when i change the album art on matt skiba van halen also changes. there are more that change but im not gonna list them all. so wmp should be able to look on my library on my home pc and see that the songs in my insignia play list are in fact in the library. because sometimes when i make a new play list and i add a song to it that is already on the player, wmp will copy it to my player a second time. i cant figure out why. example. (just pretend for a minute)i have no play lists on my player. so i make a new one and i se that van halen dance the night away is on my player and i want it in my list. so i add it to the list and when i sync wmp transfers over dance the night away even though it all ready on the player. why?

Old 02-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Insignia Moderator

Do they have different names? That's the only reason I can think of. It should just say "Already on Device" and skip over it.

What I did to organize my music, was install Real Player. I know, I know, but it works. If add your music folder to it, there's a an option in the settings to organize your music by folders. I recommend choosing "Artist > Album" and then you click a button to apply the changes. It might take a few minutes. But once it's done, just uninstall Real Player, and go on about your business. There might be a stand alone program out there made specifically for this kind of thing, but I haven't found it...

Old 02-27-2007, 08:11 PM

ok here is what my folder is like.. its named Muzak on server. with in that folder are about 150 folders with names respective to a band. BUT I dont have folders for all my bands. so i have about 1000 songs that are random bands. so i would have to make 1000 more folders for each of those 1000 random bands.

within those 150 folders are all the songs for that band. there are no album folders within a folder. example, all 25 van halen songs are in the folder van halen, even though all the songs are from diff albums. will rhapsody help me at all.
------------
ok here is another album art question. i noticed when i changed a song by matt thomas, that anything with the name matt also changed the pic to the same as all the matts.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Insignia Moderator

Ugh, your library is a total mess... Well, try what I suggested. I'm betting it will fix these problems. Just use the regular Real Player though. I don't know if the Rhapsody version has that feature.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:05 AM

LOL, i was affraid my library was a mess, but thats what happens when you get your music off the internet. i think i like it the way i have it because then when its on my player i dont have to look threw 6 van halen albums to find the song. i always search by artist on my player and so when i go under van halen it shows one album named Van halen ( go figure,lol) and in there are all my songs. i had to use winamp to edit all the file info and make all the album names the same. VERY LONG PROCESS. so i need real player then huh. ok i will go and find it. can i do it on a win 2000 box since i have all my music backed up at work.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Insignia Moderator

That's what I did it on. It should work fine.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:32 PM

ok here is another QQ, its inda off the subject but since im in this thread already ill ask anyway. ok so i was at www.zune.net and i noticed it said that you can perches music form there store and listen to it as long as you have the subscription to zune. then the little print said as soon as the subscription is canceled you can not listen to the song on your player anymore. well how does that work. how does the player know that you have canceled the subscription.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Insignia Moderator

It wouldn't know immediately. But eventually the licenses on the player will expire, and the player will then ask you to sync to renew them. When you plug it in, it would see that you no longer have a license to play those songs. Game over.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:46 PM

i thought when you purchased a song that the license lasted forever. like if i were to pay .99$ for a song, does that song expire after a while or is it mine because i paid for it

Old 02-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Insignia Moderator

If you actually purchase the song, then yes, it should last forever. But if you just rent a song, it will expire.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:57 PM

LOLOL, i just hooked up my player to my home computer and i used wmp11 and it copied all the songs from my player to my hdd then back again when i hit sync. play list is not there and album art is way muffed up. the little mermaid album has a pic of matt damon on it and a pic of a taxi car. i think my pc hates me

EDIT

didnt know you could rent. i thought the subscription was to purchase up to 45$ worth of songs.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Insignia Moderator

Most subscription services allow you to rent all the music you want for as long as you keep paying them. As soon as you cancel your subscription, the music goes bye-bye.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
Most subscription services allow you to rent all the music you want for as long as you keep paying them. As soon as you cancel your subscription, the music goes bye-bye.
well thats gay, imo. any way. well i dont know what to do about my wmp11 on my homecomputer. its not reading the album art on my player and it cant see the playlist that i created on the player. it tries to add its own album art for my player butthey are all wrong. wmp 11 really doesnt like me.

EDIT i meant that i would rather own the song than rent it.