android
Old 03-16-2007, 09:22 AM

Default A few NS-DV questions

Hi, I've been looking around for a while at mp3 players, i was originally going to buy an e260, but then i read about the problems it has and what-not so I was happy when i stumbled across an ad for the Insignia in a Best Buy magazine.

I'm looking to buy the 4gb version from Dealadeal/2ndturn and the first thing i was wondering is, because some of them say they can't guarantee the battery life, I was just trying to find out if that is for sure a battery problem, because I know BB will sell you replacements so I was gonna try to get one super cheap on ebay with a messed up battery then just buy a replacement and I wanted to make sure that's a good idea.

My second question is about the screen protectors, I want to have something protecting the screen but I don't have money right now for the leather case. How do you attach the screen protectors that you buy from Staples and cut to size? Do they make the screen harder to look at? Can they be taken off easily without damaging or altering the screen?

For my last question I was wondering about the garbled audio when scrolling through menus. Does it happen all the time when you're scrolling or just some of the time? Also, is it a problem that they're planning to fix in a recent firmware update?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-16-2007, 09:52 AM

1 it is peal on/off no glue at all, for example the one that comes on the device I would not leave sitting in the sun 24/7

2 battery, never lasts forever youcan basically go buy a new battery yes.

3 garble duringscroll hmmmmm

Old 03-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Insignia Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkieTamer View Post
I'm looking to buy the 4gb version from Dealadeal/2ndturn and the first thing i was wondering is, because some of them say they can't guarantee the battery life, I was just trying to find out if that is for sure a battery problem, because I know BB will sell you replacements so I was gonna try to get one super cheap on ebay with a messed up battery then just buy a replacement and I wanted to make sure that's a good idea.
They probably just say that because they don't how the previous customer treated the battery. I would bet money that the battery will be fine though.

Quote:
My second question is about the screen protectors, I want to have something protecting the screen but I don't have money right now for the leather case. How do you attach the screen protectors that you buy from Staples and cut to size? Do they make the screen harder to look at? Can they be taken off easily without damaging or altering the screen?
Just follow the directions on the package. You shouldn't be able to notice it if applied correctly. They should come right off, without any damage. But look for a unit that has the clear vinyl case included with it. Then you can just temporarily use that, and you don't need to mess with screen protectors.

Quote:
For my last question I was wondering about the garbled audio when scrolling through menus. Does it happen all the time when you're scrolling or just some of the time? Also, is it a problem that they're planning to fix in a recent firmware update?
It only occurs if you happen to be in the menu right when a song ends, and a new one begins. Yes, they're working on a fix for this, in a future firmware update.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:44 PM

Thanks a lot, I just bought one off Ebay, so hopefully it'll be here sometime next week.

Does the song stay garbled or does it just do it for a little bit.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinkieTamer View Post
Thanks a lot, I just bought one off Ebay, so hopefully it'll be here sometime next week.

Does the song stay garbled or does it just do it for a little bit.
Only happens to me while Im scrolling, just being in the menu doesnt do anything. Or after exiting, there is no garbeled sound.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Insignia Moderator

Exactly. I wouldn't really describe it as garbled either. The music actually kind of skips when the wheel is turned.