android
Old 03-19-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Is this the right player for me?

Hi guys, hope you can help me. I've tried posting on other sites, like ilounge, but no one has an answer.

I'm looking for a music player that stores my music files on it so I don't need to have it duplicated on my pc notebook. I have a backup of my music on an external drive that is on a backup server in my home, not the pc notebook I use daily for business & personal use.

My pc notebook is slowing down as programs & music files are slowly eating away harddisk space. Is there an mp3 player that can store my music without needing to sync with the files on my harddisk every time like the ipod? I think the ipod is database driven, from what I've read, and cannot do this. Am I wrong, can the ipod do it? I currently use an iriver clix 2GB device and need more room to carry my entire library.

Is the iAudio X5 for me? Or is there something else? Thank you everyone in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-19-2007, 11:14 AM

Seems the X5 could be the right one for you, since it's the only HDD based audio player in production that still uses drag'n'drop and doesn't need any apps to sync or load files onto it.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:20 AM

Thanks for the quick reply.

Good to know that there isn't much choice and I can focus on this model. I used to see it around, here in Canada, but not much. So it may be hard to find. But at least now I know that a device does exist for my need. Thanks.

If anyone else can comment and add anything else to this post, I much appreciate it.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:21 AM

You could also read my review of the X5: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...-x5-review.php

Old 03-20-2007, 12:15 AM

That was a great review. Any word of a new model arriving with more storage? I think 60GB is not enough as I want to use it as a backup for my business.

Old 03-20-2007, 06:15 AM

No, Cowon didn't announce any successor to the X5 yet.

If you're the adventurous type, you probably could switch the hard disk for a larger one yourself. With perpendicular storage discs out already it very likely would be possible to put a 100GB disc into the X5 60GB player.