android
Old 02-08-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Bestskinsever for Zen V plus?

Anyone try 3 piece full body Bestskinsever for Zen V plus? Please post your experience.
Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-10-2007, 10:13 AM

I purchased skins from bestskinsever for my Zen Vision M and Zen V Plus. Unfortunately, at the time I purchased them (a mere few weeks ago), they did not offer a skin for my Zen V Plus, so I had to order a blank and make one myself.

It turned out alright, but I would rather have had a manufactured one.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:48 AM

I was interested in an invisibleSHIELD skin, but they didn't do one for the Creative ZEN V or V Plus up until a few weeks ago and then I heard about Best Skins Ever V Plus one, which was out at the time, so ordered one and it only cost 4-5 including delivery.

My V Plus BSE skin arrived a couple of weeks ago and it's in three pieces, two for the front (top and bottom) and one for the entire back, and all of them wrap around the sides and bottom so it's close to 100% coverage. It was sent in a regular letter envelope, but without any cardboard backing to avoid/reduce it getting folded while in the mail from the US to the UK. Thankfully mine arrived nice and flat. It doesn't come with any fitting instructions, but I've found them on their web site and it's not as easy to fit as I thought:

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...plication/Page

If I had known this I don't think I would have bothered getting one and just put a basic screen protector on and used the silicone skin on its own. At least it wasn't $24.95 like invisibleSHIELD's V and V Plus one.

I also have a silicone skin which is a great fit and offers that extra protection and carrying convenience, it's also useful when the V Plus is in my pocket or on a desk/table top because it grips to the lining and surfaces, so I'll put the BSE skin on and continue to use it in the silicone skin too. The silicone skin came with an arm strap and screen protector. Both skins together have cost me around 10 including delivery and I don't mind that for the protection they offer.

invisibleSHIELD now do a full body skin for the V Plus and it's also in three pieces and requires a solution to fit it, but costs $24.95 compared to BSE's $8.50. You get a Lifetime Replacement Guarantee with invisibleSHIELD though.

Onto fitting it.....

I mixed 4 small drops of Asda's own Avocado and Mint washing up liquid with 10 oz (just under 300ml) of water, let the bubbles settle for several minutes and then just dipped each piece in and shook the excess water off before applying.

I actually found the back more fiddly to fit due to it being one big piece to line up with various parts rather than two separate pieces like the front, thus less part to line up with.

There were a few very subtle bubbles at the bottom of the screen, I thought I had pushed enough of the water out with my finger but maybe I didn't, and on the back around the centre rings. It does say to allow 1-2 days for the skin to settle down and thankfully it did. I will continue to use it in a silicone skin as well.

Overall I'm really pleased and it was much easier to fit than expected, plus it's a third of the price of invisibleSHIELD.

Go for it!

Old 03-14-2007, 12:25 PM

Since I had to customize my own BSE for my ZVP, I thought the hardest part was cutting out the notch for the pointer stick.

I was a little surprised at the steps required to install the BSE, but once I actually did it, it went by in a snap. My ZVP came out pretty good, my ZV:M came out really good too. I did actually end up with a bead all the way around the screen, and I thought the install was trashed, but it's hardly noticeable and when someone sees it, they think it looks "framed".

Old 03-19-2007, 04:15 PM

How does the skin do on the back ripple part?

Old 04-10-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wiSteD View Post
How does the skin do on the back ripple part?
This was a concern of mine but it has settled down and looks great, it just took longer to settle than any other part.