android
Old 12-31-2014, 09:55 AM
Administrator

The closest thing to a factory reset Rockbox has is resetting all settings under Settings>Manage Settings. You can also do the same thing by deleting you config.cfg file.

I'd definitely update. 3.13 is ancient. There's been several updates and fixes that are working nicely for me. One of them has improved battery life by at least a couple of hours.

The reason I say nicely for me is that others have reported increased problems with USB connectivity. Others have reported that USB connectivity has actually improved so it's a YMMV situation. I'm one of those that has much a better USB connection and transfer. You can revert to 3.13 or use the OF for file transfers if you have problems. There isn't a fix at this point.

You can use the installer to overwrite your current installation. As the update doesn't overwrite your config.cfg file that won't reset the settings. You'll still need to reset those manually. You could try using the new build with your old settings to see if your issues are fixed by the update. If not reset and make the changes you need to get it working the way you want again.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-15-2015, 07:42 AM

Hello guys, new here. I got the good ol' 'Undefined instruction sp 3000080' bug on my rockboxed Sansa Clip+. I tried pressing the power button for about 60 seconds but it just turns the player off (no reset), and when I power it again it's back to the same problem. I tried doing it again with the player plugged into my PC's USB (where I always transfer music from), but it didn't quite work. Any ideas?

Old 05-15-2015, 01:11 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade686 View Post
Hello guys, new here. I got the good ol' 'Undefined instruction sp 3000080' bug on my rockboxed Sansa Clip+. I tried pressing the power button for about 60 seconds but it just turns the player off (no reset), and when I power it again it's back to the same problem. I tried doing it again with the player plugged into my PC's USB (where I always transfer music from), but it didn't quite work. Any ideas?
Probably a corrupted disk partition. Try rebooting into the sandisk firmware, then check the disk for errors.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Probably a corrupted disk partition. Try rebooting into the sandisk firmware, then check the disk for errors.
Good, I managed to reboot back into the Sandisk firmware, though I tried checking the disk for errors (chkdsk x: <- x being the actual disk) and autofixing it (chkdsk x:/f) but then when I turned it off and went back into rockbox by turning it on again, the problem came back. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks for replying anyway, I'm able to listen to music again now through Sandisk firmware.

EDIT : Fixed the problem by re-installing Rockbox.

Last edited by Blade686; 05-19-2015 at 05:45 AM.