android
Old 07-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yup!!! Corporate greed is why every damn thing going wrong is the world is occurring,...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-26-2013, 02:36 AM

rocket, i think everyone here needs to contact these vendors who want to merge our music players with smartphones and let them know that we want our music separate from our phones. Not everyone wants an all in one device but that's exactly what all of these companies are trying to force us to go with. Personally, I don't have a smartphone because they are highly traceable devices. I value my privacy and my old, stupid phone, is prepaid and not so easily traceable. I also like the fact that it is just a phone and not a smartphone. That is not something that I need or want. I'm sure my needs will change as I'm in the process of adopting a few children and this means more phones. I'm finding it harder to find stupid phones and so my only choice will be to go with s smartphone. However, I don't want music or even the ability to put music on my phone forced on me. I have communicated this to sony and nokia. Microsoft assumed this was the direction music players were headed so they killed the zune and their entire line of music players. If you look at the industry right now most of the music players are going the way of the dodo. They are pretty much non-existent except for sansa, sony and cowon. Sure Samsung is still around but they die after about a year or two. Bad design there as every samsung I had died or the earphone plug started to go out on me.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

These companies don't seem to want to listen to consumers. Their attitude seems to be we have an oligopoly, and we will make what we want, and you will buy it because you have no other choices. Notice how mp3 players are becoming more similar as time goes by(built in battery, slim form factor, colorful high energy using display that needs to be off most of the time to save battery life, etc.)

Old 07-26-2013, 06:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
These companies don't seem to want to listen to consumers. Their attitude seems to be we have an oligopoly, and we will make what we want, and you will buy it because you have no other choices. Notice how mp3 players are becoming more similar as time goes by(built in battery, slim form factor, colorful high energy using display that needs to be off most of the time to save battery life, etc.)
Actually, what you are describing seems to be quite appealing to the masses.....how many iPod Touches have sold over the years?

Old 07-26-2013, 07:25 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Actually, what you are describing seems to be quite appealing to the masses.....how many iPod Touches have sold over the years?
I'm not so sure it is even so appealing to the masses, however they don't seem to have other choices. I wonder how many would rather have a low powered monochrome screen that is on all the time while the player is playing? I find having the screen off most of the time to be very annoying.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I'm not so sure it is even so appealing to the masses, however they don't seem to have other choices. I wonder how many would rather have a low powered monochrome screen that is on all the time while the player is playing? I find having the screen off most of the time to be very annoying.
You are forgetting that part of the reason the masses like the Touch and Galaxy Player-type devices is that you can do so much more than just listen to music....play games, watch videos, the Facebook people go on Facebook, etc. (plus the Touch and SGP both still have better battery life than the Clip+)

You have to understand that what you are looking for in a player, while it may seem in forums like this that a lot of people feel the way you do, in the grand scheme of things, you and those who agree with you are a very small minority.

I'm not saying that you are right or wrong in wanting what you want....just that you probably won't find it.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I wonder how many would rather have a low powered monochrome screen that is on all the time while the player is playing?
I know of at least one . . .

Old 07-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The world is a big place and there are many people in it, buying all sorts of devices--you would think that people would have more choices available to them. I mean, try to find high-capacity audio players out there . . . . It's enough to make one want to start a Kickstarter project and get some good options out there.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
The world is a big place and there are many people in it, buying all sorts of devices--you would think that people would have more choices available to them. I mean, try to find high-capacity audio players out there . . . . It's enough to make one want to start a Kickstarter project and get some good options out there.

Something like the A & K minus the audiophile/fool nonsense for storage whores. I love the idea, but I'm not sure about even limited appeal. I agree there's a market, but miniscule. Like Marvin said, most people don't give a poo if they can't do interweb, video, games, facebookery and all the other associated stuff.

I still like two devices, because I can use the battery on the mp3 player for ONLY music. And if I burn the battery on the phone down, I'm still jamming, and people can't bug me

Old 09-05-2013, 01:30 PM

I have a SGS4 and its good as a music player except for battery life, just using it daily as a phone device the battery does not last long enough as it is, if I were to use it as a music player as well Id have to keep it constantly charging.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:03 AM

On this note, has anyone tried the fiio or colorfly models,they look like simple to use just music devices like I am looking for-no internet,photo,video,games,facebook blah blah etc etc?