android
Old 08-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Samsung Moderator

Just use the MUSIC folder.

The ##MUSIC# folder is used by the MTP mode in the Sansa firmware. You don't need it, you can even delete it if you want but it will be automatically recreated every time you boot the Sansa firmware instead of Rockbox

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Administrator

You can place your files in any folder you prefer. It's recommended not to use the .rockbox folder in the manual http://download.rockbox.org/daily/ma...#x5-290003.1.4.

I stay away from using any of the hash (#) folders as they can make it more difficult to work inside Rockbox. Those can safely be deleted as they aren't needed by Rockbox and will be recreated if you ever boot to the OF. Anything can be safely deleted except the .rockbox folder.

You can the create a directory structure that works best for you. What works for me is a .rockbox, Playlist and Stuff folder on the internal memory. I just have a Music and Playlist folder on the external memory.

I store playlists that combine the memory contents on the external memory and playlists that only have files from the internal memory in the internal memory Playlist folder. That way the playlists work even when I switch cards.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:09 PM

sorry, is there 3.13 + dfkt patches anywhere please?

3.13 is missing some options i really like, like not turning screen on when changing volume!
thanks.

Old 09-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Search for the forum for "G4Oblivion". IIRC his build included the patch you want. It's pretty old by now so I wouldn't use it but that's a decision you'll have to make. I believe another member posted also links to a build they made with that patch a few months ago. I can't recall their name right now. Check the Clip+ Rockbox forum.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:52 AM

so dfkt has gone? :/

found this thanks
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63706
might give that a go then..

Old 12-13-2013, 06:59 AM

For some reason the Corado theme doesn't show the top section with battery time remaining, battery left, and all that good stuff. Also the color is orange not yellow and goes halfway down into the line of text below where it is supposed to stop.

Is this a bug or did I screw something up? (Using Rockfont 8 which it says works with it in the description)

Old 12-13-2013, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Works as expected here. The description actually calls for
Quote:
08-Schumacher-Clean.fnt, 13-Nimbus.fnt, 19-Nimbus.fnt.
Those fonts need to be installed for the theme to work. You can install them with the automated installer or download them from this page.

No idea why yours is orange. The line between the blue and what should be yellow part of the screen is always there. It's a physical characteristic of the display. Both Rockbox and the OF are laid out in a way you don't see it unless you change font's from what's needed or a theme isn't laid out to mask it's effects.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:30 AM
Samsung Moderator

Actually this theme only has a WPS (While Playing Screen). No SBS (Menus) is loaded. So you will see this specific status bar only on the WPS. Maybe that's confusing.

For the color skip252 is right. Actually I think some people see it as orange, others as yellow. That's only about personal perception but the screen hardware is always the same.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:41 AM

Derp, it was the L5 theme that used Rockfont8, okay got that cleared up now the entire screen is showing thanks!

It is still orange not yellow (The theme picture shown in the rockbox preview is very yellow to my perception) and still goes into the next half a line when not playing music though. Not a big deal as I don't intend to spend much time in the settings and it doesn't make it hard to read or anything. I could probably fix the orange in contrast or something maybe but I'm clueless how to fix the half line color change thing.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:02 AM
Samsung Moderator

On my Clip+ it's more like orange I would say while on the screenshot it's pure yellow. That's normal. Even playing with the contrast setting, it still looks more orange on device.

The half line color change thing in the menus is due to the lack of proper SBS in CORRADO as I said in my post above. Your current SBS is the one of your previous theme loaded (cabbiev2 by default, my own lebellium Samsung-like theme on my Clip+). Only the font may be different if the SBS set a user-font.

With cabbiev2 loaded previously, the menus look fine for example but with my theme loaded previously, the top menu line may be half blue half yellow because it doesn't use the same font as my theme.

Conclusion: I hate these "WPS-only" themes

edit: one possible fix is to add
Code:
sbs: -
in \.rockbox\themes\CORRADO.cfg

Last edited by lebellium; 12-13-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:30 AM

Three questions:
1) How do I add sbs: - to the .cfg file? (I don't know which program to tell to open it)
2) Where do I put it? Just anywhere or is there a specific sbs input area it needs to go?
3) If it saves the input set by the last theme then is it possible to just use a theme that has the sbs color change thing stop where 1 line of 08-Schumacher-Clean.fnt stops then switch to Corado and have it stop where the previous theme stopped which should now be the correct place? (If so which theme stops there?)

Last edited by Wolfknight; 12-13-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Samsung Moderator

I put the edited file directly in attachment, it's probably easier
I use Notepad++. Default Windows Notepad also works but it may also mess up the file...

3) is too much for my brain and my English level, sorry^^
Attached Files
File Type: cfg CORRADO.cfg (584 Bytes, 2 views)

Old 12-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Administrator

The default Corrado should disable the status bar. If it's not, that's what you're seeing. When the status bar is on splits on the division between the yellow and blue part of the screen. The information you see in the WPS is supplied by the theme. It should be off everywhere else. You can manually turn the status bar off in the settings under Settings=>Theme Settings=Status-/Scrollbar=>Status Bar=>off and see if that solves the problem.

Here's what I'm seeing on the Corrado defaults. Nothings splits on the pixel color divide.

Having an experienced theme contributor like lebellium helps. It should still work out the box the way it does on the theme site.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:35 AM

hmmm for some reason switching from the approved size 8 font to the size 13 one fixed things. I can only see like 4 items on screen at a time now and it is still orange but everything is where it should be and I can see the full now playing screen so I'm happy with that. Thanks for the help!

Old 12-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Administrator

The "approved" fonts are the ones I quoted in post #1567. I cut and pasted that from the theme page.
Quote:
08-Schumacher-Clean.fnt, 13-Nimbus.fnt, 19-Nimbus.fnt
I have those in the fonts folder inside my .rockbox folder so they loaded automatically when I loaded the theme. That's why it looked right for me without any tweaking.

Unless you're really pressed for space you can follow the link in that post and get the theme pack or have the automated installer add them to your Rockbox installation. It's only ~15 MB. You can also delete any of them you aren't using. That way when a theme calls for a font it's where it's expected and the theme should load properly.

Having the font pack installed also lets you try different fonts. I've found a number of times that a different font will suit my needs better than the default. Having the font pack installed let's me preview them by selecting them in the Theme settings. Once I find a combination I like I save that theme setting and can quickly recall it whenever I need it for better visibility in sunlight or if I need more or less info available.

You can do that either in the settings or from the file browser. From the file browser you go to where you have the .cfg file saved and "play" it. Whatever settings are in that .cfg file then load.

A good deal of the flexibility of Rockbox comes from remembering to save your configuration when you find something you like. Once you get used to saving .cfg files when you find a setup you like it's pretty much like having multiple players in one device.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:07 AM

Thanks again for all the help. Also I noticed if I use games (I have a clip+ and thought the idea of games on such a small screen was hilarious) the size change to make the games fit will make the top line and a half of the game orange.

This isn't a big deal to me as I never intend to use the games but I thought it was strange and worth mentioning in case it helps someone figure out what the heck is going on lol.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:01 AM

I fixed it! I changed a setting known as "basekin" or something like that to "rockbox failsafe" and the orange bar now perfectly covers only the statusbar at the top and I can use rockfont 8. Also I found out I can use the "Rockbox failsafe" theme and while charging it will show me what % it is at and other useful things instead of just the usb connected icon. I even found out that by setting the playerskin or something like that I can use the part of the CORADO theme I loved with the best parts of the rockfont failsafe theme.

100% satisfied with my setup now, just had to read the manual and fiddle around with it on my own. Thanks for the help and patience!