android
Old 03-18-2008, 05:16 AM

Default Got a Zune 8 gig

Got a Zune 8 gig as a replacement for my Zen V plus.I am really happy with this little player.The touch wheel is easy to use,the interface is nice,software makes it easy to sinc my music and although there are no EQ options the SQ is pretty darn good with my Atrio M8s.Dont really care about video,I noticed that after loading the same amount of pictutures and songs that I actually have more room left for more stuff than my Creative player.
This little player also feels alot nicer in my hand than my Creative....solid..and quality.. and the aluminum back give a great feel...unlike the toy feel of the Zen.
I am very satisfied with this purchase!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-20-2008, 12:00 PM

I have been looking at the Zune as well but I am in dire need of 16GB, if only... I am glad you are enjoying your purchase, it can get tiring reading post after post of complaints.

Congrats, and enjoy!

Old 04-01-2008, 04:36 PM

Once again wanted to say that I love this little player! Sound quality with my Atrio M8s is excellant...interface is easy...sturdy feel in my hand.Even though I have a D2(fantastic sound quality)which is a great player(the Zune doesnt compare in features) I have found myself reaching for the Zune a lot more than my D2.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:51 AM

Just wanted to say that I have had this little guy for a couple of months now and I relly enjoy using it!!The sound is great with either my Atrios or my PX100s....This little guy gets equal use as my D2...I use the D2 at home and the Zune goes with me to work.I will say that the D2 works better thru my auxillary on my car stereo(probably because the amp is better in D2) than the Zune...but either is fine when I go on a long drive.Anyonel ooking for a nice low gig type player(4-8)..I think you would'nt go wrong buying a Zune.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:16 PM

hey I went out and bought a Zune 8gb today, I used to have a Samsung t9 2gb, but it just was not big enough for all of the music I was adding. I haven't been able to listen to it yet, as it's at 80% sync. but I like the software, and the device is nice. too bad to hear about no EQ, but an EQ isn't as important as having good sound quality, and I've heard that the Zune's is great. so we will see

Old 09-12-2008, 06:33 PM

Hi...Just wanted to update...I have had my Zune 8 gig for some odd months now and have to say once again that I love this little guy!!My D2 gets no play time and I'm thinking of selling it after I get back from Disney World next week.I use my Zune exclusively now as my go to player...just wish the 16 gigger was out when I bought this one...Looking forward to updating to the new firmware after vacation since I will be too busy to update while on vacation......

Old 09-12-2008, 07:17 PM

Awesome! Glad to hear it.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:05 AM

I'm planning on getting the 16 gig one in blue.

I wanted the samsung yp-p2 but they don't have 16gbs here.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:37 AM
ABI Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by beteks View Post
I'm planning on getting the 16 gig one in blue.
16 doesn't come in blue =\

Old 01-26-2009, 03:46 PM

Just a follow up....Still have my D2 but my Zune is my favorite player! The new 3.1 updates are great and the sound on this is fantastic with my Atrio M8!!Love my Zune and Zune Pass!

Old 01-29-2009, 02:26 PM

Hi, I just bought a Sansa Fuze 8 gb for my son's b'day. Forgive my ignorance PLEASE. We already own an apple i-pod [i understand this is unacceptable here, sorry...] so I need help figuring out something very simple -- how can I load music that I already have in my i tunes playlists? is this possible at all? I appeal to anybody's kindness in helping me out. Thanks!

Old 01-30-2009, 06:29 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharley View Post
how can I load music that I already have in my i tunes playlists? is this possible at all? I appeal to anybody's kindness in helping me out. Thanks!
Well, it depends on where you got that music. If you bought it from Itunes then it most likely will only play in itunes or on an ipod only. There are songs you can buy in itunes (I think they are called Itunes plus) that will play on any player, but the majority of the music that you purchase from Itunes will only play on an ipod or inside of itunes.

If you imported CD's that you own into Itunes, you can easily do this again and import them using the Windows Media Plyaer software that is installed on your computer. Since when you import CD's with Itunes it will normally make them into an AAC file which is one that ipods play but I don't think Sansa's can play them.

So to sum up:

Songs purchased on Itunes most likely will not be able to be played on the Sansa.

CD's you imported into Itunes, you can just insert the CD and import it again, this time using the Windows Media Player 11.0 software and it will play these on your Sansa.

Feel free to post any followup questions.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Hi, I just bought a Sansa Fuze 8 gb for my son's b'day. Forgive my ignorance PLEASE. We already own an apple i-pod [i understand this is unacceptable here, sorry...] so I need help figuring out something very simple -- how can I load music that I already have in my i tunes playlists? is this possible at all? I appeal to anybody's kindness in helping me out. Thanks!
While in i-tunes, Right-click on the songs and click "show in windows explorer", youll probably have to do this a lot (not for every song) but its the best way I know of. Hope that helps. Who knows, you might just need to do it once to find where your entire library is stored.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
We already own an apple i-pod [i understand this is unacceptable here, sorry...] so I need help figuring out something very simple --
Why would owning an iPod be unacceptable? This site is called Anything But iPod to underline the fact that despite it's mass popularity, the iPod isn't the best option for everyone. If you own an iPod and you like it, that's great.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:11 PM

Just an update....its Feb 2012 and I am still using my 8 gig Zune and My Atrios.....both are a little less for the wear but still sound great although the Zune battery only gives me a few hours a day and the Future Sonic cables are frayed....LOL!Ill hang on to these till they both die....

Old 02-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking313 View Post
Just an update....its Feb 2012 and I am still using my 8 gig Zune and My Atrios.....both are a little less for the wear but still sound great although the Zune battery only gives me a few hours a day and the Future Sonic cables are frayed....LOL!Ill hang on to these till they both die....
If you still have that same 8GB Zune, you definitely got your money's worth out of it!

Old 02-14-2012, 10:25 AM

Yup....never an issue with either of these.Im a painter in a maintenance department and use these for hours a day while painting and never any problems even after dropping the Zune and snagging the Atrios many times.....got my moneys worth and then some..LOL!

Old 02-15-2012, 04:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm glad you're still rocking the set. I'd have one if it had gone up to 32gb,...the little flash Zune's are still excellent!!!