android
Old 10-04-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Now that's just weird. I've tried it a couple of times and what I described happens each time. Especially not being able to access the Play store. I can clear the security certificate messages but the Play Store give a "No Connection" error. I'm using the stock browser because I've cleared all my apps off it in anticipation of a sale.

Is yours rooted? I'm thinking that might make a difference?
No, both of my players are completly stock, no mods at all.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Administrator

I've no idea what's happening. You certainly have enough experience to accurately report what you see and I know what I'm seeing when I reset the date to 2000. Maybe someone with more experience will have an explanation.

I'm going to say that I can confirm it on my SG 4.0. As your experience is different that seems to indicate there's something else in play I that isn't obvious to me. It won't hurt anyone that finds this thread to try it and it might help.

I've tried it with a couple of Android tablets and phones and the results vary. They all give security certificate warnings that clear up when I reset the date. The SG 4.0 is the only one that won't access the Play store. The others do but Google Hangouts says it needs to be updated. A rooted Nook Color running CM Mod 10.1 just keeps working as if nothing's changed except for the security certificate warning on some sites.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:27 PM

No both my are completely stock! They are not rooted or modified in any way at all.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Administrator

I understand yours are stock which is what makes this puzzling. I've returned mine to stock and it won't connect the way I said whenever I change the date to 2000. The only thing I can think is there's a browser setting that makes mine see the 'net differently than yours.

TBH, I'm not going to spend too much time right now trying to get it to act up. I have a prospective buyer and I wouldn't want to blow the deal by it not working right when they let me know their ready to see it. If the deal falls through I'll see if changing the date and different settings in the stock browser makes a difference.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

This is not exclusive to the Galaxy player. Frrm my experience, the iPod Touch acts exactly the same way, not connecting to the iTunes store when the date is way off. Must be some type of server issue or "feature" On my job, if a computer's date and time is way off kilter, it cannot connect to the domain. This is why I think it's a server issue.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:59 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
I understand yours are stock which is what makes this puzzling. I've returned mine to stock and it won't connect the way I said whenever I change the date to 2000. The only thing I can think is there's a browser setting that makes mine see the 'net differently than yours.

TBH, I'm not going to spend too much time right now trying to get it to act up. I have a prospective buyer and I wouldn't want to blow the deal by it not working right when they let me know their ready to see it. If the deal falls through I'll see if changing the date and different settings in the stock browser makes a difference.
Sorry for the stupid 2nd post. I didnt realize that my first one was the first on page 2 of tgus thread so I thought that maybe it didnt post the first time not even noticing that there was a 2nd page.

Old 06-11-2014, 06:28 PM

i have a galaxy 4.2 and sometimes it doesn't let me on apps that take WiFi or on the web, i read somewhere that is the date and time aren't correct the Google play app store wont work, but i checked today when the WiFi wouldn't work and they are both correct if you have a SD card in it could effect your galaxy my galaxy kept rebooting once I put my SD card in and WiFi wouldn't work. I never really thought about it being a factory error.

Old 08-08-2014, 12:20 AM

Default place and time

i was able to fix wifi issues for playstore and facebook by changing location back to central time and updating time ....not sure how ever got changed in first place but its worth a shot looking at your settings