android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen V

Old 02-19-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Zen V Plus error: Unable to continue ripping and transfering.

I just got my new Zen V Plus today, charged it up, and as its first test I ripped one CD album to it using the Zen V series Media Explorer as recommended by the manufacturer, and then unplugged the unit and listened to what I had ripped, just to make sure the unit was working, and it was. So then I went ahead and ripped four more of my CD albums to it , and these seemed to rip smoothly, too. (I ripped at 128 kps.) But then on the next CD I tried to rip, after a song or two, the application stopped and I got the message 'Error: Unable to continue ripping and transfering. Application will close.' I tried several more times, and with different CDs, but got the same error. I had no other applications running at the same time while I was trying to rip. Looking for a solution, I searched widely through the knowledge base at Creative.com and found no definitive answer, but did notice some related clues, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and driver, and I tried using a different USB port on the back of my PC (an XP SP2) instead of the front, and tried updating the firmware (which failed repeatedly to install). On top of all that, when I did unplug my Zen and looked at the album list, the four albums I thought I had ripped successfully were nowhere to be found, but the first one I ripped was still listed and working. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.

Corry

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]