android
Old 02-26-2007, 10:23 AM

Default ns-da2g, ubuntu edgy

when i plug in my insignia mp3 player it shows up on desktop as insigniamp3, but when i click it, only CONFIG & SYS_CONF.DNC show up. when i go into the CONFIG folder i see CONFIG.TCC. i can't open the .tcc or .dnc files cuz they're unknown. i typed lsusb & it only shows my wireless adapter. i tried plugging it in different usb slots & the same thing happens.

the player didn't come with any drivers, just a best buy rhapsody cd which i threw away. :P

also 2 questions:

how do u check the mp3 player's filesystem?

do i need gnomad2 to make this work? i installed it but it gave an error about no jukebox in usb or something.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Insignia Moderator

You Shouldn't need anything extra to make it work. In fact, it sounds like it's working fine right now, if you can access the config files. So I don't think it's a driver issue. Did you have anything else on it? Have you tried dragging a song to it yet?

It's been a while since I've used Linux... but I believe if you type "cat /etc/fstab" in the terminal, it will show you the file system... It should be FAT16. But might be FAT32, can't remember...

Old 02-26-2007, 08:03 PM

ty for the help. i was able to drag a song into it, but i can't see what mp3s are already on there. ;( i did all my mp3 stuff on windows o_o
Code:
 gail@gail-oldpos:~$ cat /etc/fstab # /etc/fstab: static file system information. # #                 proc            /proc           proc    defaults        0       0 # /dev/hda1 -- converted during upgrade to edgy UUID=73bcd013-161e-4008-bb79-a37e79eca444 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 0 1 # /dev/hda5 -- converted during upgrade to edgy UUID=b82cfa1c-9f7a-4201-bb92-28eae3a080f3 none swap sw 0 0 /dev/hdc        /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0 gail@gail-oldpos:~$
edit: wierd, it works now. i formatted the player in windows, then put all the music back on it from my flash drive in ubuntu & for some reason it works. why is that? it's the same files...

Old 02-27-2007, 10:01 AM

Looks like ubuntu was just supermounting it wrong when you tried. Maybe when you reformatted it did something that made it more apparent to linux what the partition actually was.