android
Old 02-28-2007, 01:55 PM

Default New Insignia? (NS-DVBxG)

At the Insignia site there is a picture of a new "blue tooth" version of their 4bg player. I never saw this before. Looks nice!! It's on the Best Buy site too.

Here's a picture.

I could be wrong but it looks like the jog dial has "illumination" around it. If yes, that would be sweeet!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Insignia Moderator

Yep, the wheel does indeed glow. This has been in the works for the passed 5 or so months. Don't worry, it's not meant to replace the regular NS-DV. It's simply for those who want to use wireless headphones.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Bluetooth Headphones

Bluetooth headphones sound like a good idea, but I have heard alot of bad things about them. Is Insignia planning on making there own bluetooth headset that sounds good and is in both ears? Thats the cons Ive heard about it, not so great sound and some only have one ear. I would definetly buy one if they didnt cost alot in batteries, and fixed the above problems.

And what about the players w/ FM players that rely on the cord to pick up the signal? How would this work with Bluetooth?

Old 02-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Insignia Moderator

Heh. Good question. I don't know how FM will work...

I doubt they'll make their own headset. But who knows.

EDIT:
I just noticed the NS-DVB is in stock now at bestbuy.com (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1166840340745). It was back ordered for the longest time.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:47 PM

I don't know if Bluetooth would be on my "must have" list of options for my Insignia player. I kind of like the sound of corded earbuds. I would have liked to see the new Insignia player simply have more universal playlist options. Or, a display that changed color.

I do like that illuminated jog dial. I really do. I also would really like to see an 8gb FLASH Insignia.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:18 PM

They are a few good Bluetooth headsets out there, especially from i-PHONE.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Insignia Moderator

I'm fairly sure an 8GB bluetooth model is supposed to be out sometime this year. I don't know if they plan to upgrade the regular one to 8GB as well though.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonafide View Post
They are a few good Bluetooth headsets out there, especially from i-PHONE.
Well, if the battery life is close to the NS-DVxG, then Im thinking about buying one of these. Anyone know who much the i-phone headsets are? Do they have a good battery life?

Another question, How many Bluetooth's could be programmed to one device (or does it vary)? Think about 5 people listening to one device. But then again, wouldn't the sound quality change?

Old 02-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Insignia Moderator

Well, I remember the FCC photos showed 3 devices connected to it. So, we know supports at least three.

I don't know if the quality changes. I really don't know a whole lot about bluetooth. But I don't see why it would...