android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 11-03-2008, 04:39 PM

hi i've been having this identical problem so i was horrified to see that austo had given up and gone over to the dark side.
i have;
a zen vision m 30,
on windows xp,
the error 10 thing,
the redigit keys were set as superboyb had said
the LibUSB-Win32 wasn't there
and the two services were set to automatic
if anyone can help a rather bumbling computer user revive their zen i would be eternally greatful

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome drunkendisorderly. Have you done the usual:

- try different USB ports (on back of computer)
- try different USB cables
- make sure all Creative software is uninstalled
- reinstall MTP/WMP
- boot into Recovery Mode and done a Cleanup
- reloaded firmware

Zen FAQ

Old 11-21-2008, 08:16 AM

Right heres my problem :-

I have had my zen for like 2 years now, and all of a sudden it is not connecting to my laptop! I plugged it in one day and nothing happened, the weird thing is when i connect it the screen lights up and it obviously recognises that its connected to the laptop!

I can charge it with my mains charger but its just not functioning with my laptop, and now i have tried to reload the firmware but now i cant even use the zen bcoz the laptop wont recognise it so i cant upgrade the firmware!

I have tried 3 different cables and it also does not recognise with my friends laptop, do u think its my Zen?

What shall i do?

Old 11-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Ultra Senior Member

How's the driver being shown in Device Manager? Does it show an error?

I would also boot into Recovery Mode and do a Cleanup. When the database has problems, it can keep the driver from enumerating properly until the erros are resolved. A Cleanup should help with this.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-01-2008, 01:17 AM

Default Zen Vision M Reset while pluuged in trick

I was able to get the adaptor/reset trick to work on my Zen Vision M. I bent a paper clip so it would just fit in the reset hole while plugged in to the adaptor. Once connected, I applied pressure to the paper clip and the unit reset. It is now charging fine.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome renfred. Good to hear. Thanks for posting!

Zen FAQ

Old 12-11-2008, 04:23 AM

Thanks BobbyRS I was being dumb, reinstalling the software and booting in recovery seemed to do the trick. i have my beloved Zen back hozzah!

Old 12-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkendisorderly View Post
Thanks BobbyRS I was being dumb, reinstalling the software and booting in recovery seemed to do the trick. i have my beloved Zen back hozzah!
No problem. Good to hear. Enjoy the Zen!

Zen FAQ

Old 01-06-2009, 08:31 PM

Angry HELP!!!!

my zen will not charge or power HOW EVER when i plug it right in to the wann it powers on but will not charge i realy need help please:con fused:

Old 01-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello alupis24. From what I can make out, it looks as though you may just need a new battery. The ZVM doesn't power on when not plugged in, but when plugged in it powers on, but doesn't charge. Does that sound correct? Check out this thread.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-14-2009, 12:38 PM

Hello from Finland!

I have been happy Zen Vision:M user for few years now. Although until this December when I updated my computer (hardware and software). OS was also reinstalled XP SP3 WMP 11 -> XP SP3 WMP 11. So the OS should be somewhat the same.

Now after this update I can't connect to my Zen Wision:M. I have figured out the following:
-The problem affects all MTP players (I tried out my girlfriend's Sansa Express)
-Tried all tricks from this thread
-Tried fixupthingie (doesn't work because I have WMP11)
-Tried various other tricks from various other sites
-I think holly had same issue http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...9&postcount=64
-Windows Driver Foundation-User service won't start
"Could not start the Windows Driver Foundation-User mode Driver Framework service on Local Computer
Error 31: A device attached to the system is not functioning."

Well it's obvious that this issue isn't related to ZVM. Player works fine on other set ups (even on ubuntu 8.10 which I find funny). Problem is in OS and/or this rotten MTP.

Help me out. Thanks.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerubit View Post
-Windows Driver Foundation-User service won't start
"Could not start the Windows Driver Foundation-User mode Driver Framework service on Local Computer
Error 31: A device attached to the system is not functioning."
Have you tried reinstalling the UMDF (User-Mode Driver Framework), which is the driver platform in which MTP uses for its driver. Download here.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-15-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Have you tried reinstalling the UMDF
Tried this. Couldn't install because my system have all ready newer version of UMDF.

Can I uninstall this somehow, or something?

Old 01-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, uninstall WMP11 and its runtimes (See here). Then try to connct the ZVM and see if it behaves with WMP10 (if that is what it reverts back too. If it reverts back to WMP9, then either install WMP10 or WMP11 again. This will reinstall MTP and the UMDF.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-18-2009, 07:54 AM

It's alive!

Thanks!

Old 01-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Great! Fill us in.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-02-2009, 11:42 AM

I did fresh install to OS. I did this because there was also something else on my system to reinstall.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Oh, ok. Well.... that'll do it.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-02-2009, 11:27 PM

hey,
i been here 2 times already and you guys helped me out and now i need help again.
i plug in my zen and the zen says its docked but the program is saying its not docked. So i tried re installing the firmware but it would always freeze up after restart the zen, but it fixed up all the other little problems in it. so i am assuming that small bit of the firmware never reached my zen becuase after it restarts it stops responding.

from that everything else works i cant still access my removable drive {which is weird because it could read that but not the program?] music still plays its all good. but im stuck with my old music and want to update.

still charges, still can access the harddrive part still can listen to music. its just that i cant get the program to recognize that its plugged in, the zen knows its plugged in but not the program.

i cant update my music... this makes me sad...

Please help..

Last edited by BobbyRS; 02-03-2009 at 08:02 AM.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Check Device Manager for the status of the driver. I suspect the driver to be fine since the screen is saying Docked and you can access the removable drive partition. Your issue sounds like an issue with the software. What software are you using to sync to your ZVM? If you open WMP, does it see the Zen? Did you know you do not even need the software to add/remove files from the ZVM. Just open Windows Explorer and drag-and-drop the files.

Zen FAQ