android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 12-13-2007, 06:42 AM

Now I'm even more perplexed, as it installed without a hitch into my laptop. Although, my laptop has media 10 .. back to the drawing board.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If you installed any of the Creative software on your computer with WMP11, try uninstalling it all. Plug in your player, remove the rogue entries in Device Manager, and click Scan for Hardware Changes.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:10 PM

I've removed everything creative on my system. Scan for new hardware tells me it's found new hardware. USB 2.0 bus. Wants to install zen drivers. Does it once and says it's installed. Then pops up again and wants to install drivers. Same thing again .. "there seems to be a problem" .. Yeah, I use windows is the frickin problem. I give up. I shoulda just bought an ipod and dealt with the itunes crap.

What a crock of shit. Loads flawless on a 4 year old laptop that has never seen an update/upgrade. My desktop is a gaming system that I keep up to date and I get this crap.

Man, I hate windows.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:46 PM

I thought I might pass along my experiences in case it helps someone: (No Creative software installed of any kind)

I just got a new Dell Vista (home premium). When I first plugged in my Zen VM, the little "connected" sound played, the Vision showed up in Device Manager, but the player wasn't docked. I unplugged the player, uninstalled the device, pugged it back in, but everything was the same.

What solved this was to reboot. The next time I plugged it in, device software installed, hunky dory. But I had to reboot it again after that for everything to work correctly.

The exact same situation happened when I plugged in my Zen Micro.

They both work fine now.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:50 AM

Thanks for the input, Wolf. I've rebooted my machine every time. Over and over and over. I'll just use it through my laptop for now and get rid of it after my trip.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:22 PM

i would try this, but i cant get my computer to detect my player, my player freezez, im unable to do anything

Old 01-06-2008, 06:28 AM

just a quick bit of advice on charging you can get electrical charger cradle for the zen or if you know someone with any earlier creative brand mp3's their chargers are compatible as i was lucky to have a muvo nomad with a power charger my zen installed no problems on my desktop comp. and work like a gem

Old 01-13-2008, 02:48 PM

hello- i'm new to the site and i am having a strange problem. i have windows vista 32bit and it is finding my zvw60 just fine. the problem is that the creative mediasource software is NOT finding it. i much prefer this software to the creative media explorer (which i think is a terrible program but it DOES find the player). i have already gone to the creative site and reinstalled the software (says is compatible with vista) and have even tried the compatibility mode that takes it back to xp version.

any ideas why one creative program would find the player and not the other? thanks

Old 01-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hiya, Anjee, and Welcome to ABi!

Despite whether it is Vista-compliant or not, I do not recommend using it with Vista - simply because it steps all over the MTP driver that comes with Vista. My suggestion is to remove all Creative software entirely and use WMP11 - or, as an alternative, use MediaMonkey or WinAMP.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:27 PM

Sweet!

Old 02-03-2008, 10:19 AM

Heya guys im new here.

I have read through the whole forum and still am having this problems. Firstly I dont have the original cd for the player so when I go to properties with the ! mark next to the zen I dont have a driver for it.

I tried installing all the programs on the creative site with no go they cant see my player. I finally got a charge on the thing from a friends computer. On his vista rig he could access the files on zen pull drop drag anything. But on my xp machine I cant do anything with it and its only sometimes seen.

Also for some odd reason while its charging via usb I can listen to music, I dont remember being able to do that when I first got it.

One little note I wanna add is before last night I hadnt charged my little player in over 4 months.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hiya, carajean, and Welcome to ABi!

You've got three choices:
  • Upgrade to Windows Vista
  • Update your current XP installation to Service Pack 2, then download and install Windows Media Player 11
  • Check here for links to download Creative's software suite.
Personally, I'd go with the recommendation to update to SP2 and then update WMP10 to WMP11. It works quite well with the ZVM - nearly as good as it did on your friend's Vista system.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:21 PM

Ok here is the thing I was already at service pack 2 but for another problem I had to install service pack 3 and .net 3.5 so im set there. I usually use winamp or foobar and I never mess with media player I will try updating that, right now. Yeah I may have to upgrade on payday.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:54 PM

Thank you so much that worked GREAT!!!!! I thought I was gonna go nuts with this thing. Now im gonna update the firmware maybe that will help some how.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carajean View Post
Ok here is the thing I was already at service pack 2 but for another problem I had to install service pack 3 and .net 3.5 so im set there. I usually use winamp or foobar and I never mess with media player I will try updating that, right now. Yeah I may have to upgrade on payday.
There's a Service Pack 3???

Old 02-04-2008, 02:24 PM

yuppers been out for awhile now.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:27 PM

I thought i would of heard about this earlier!

Old 02-07-2008, 08:21 AM

I have a problem with my vision:m 30gb. It was working fine, then 5 hours later became completely unresponsive. Wont turn on, screen black, buttons dark. I can plug it in using my wall adapter whereby the blue LED comes on SOLID, not flashing. I cannot turn on the player, I cannot reset it or access the recovery mode (when i puss the reset button, the LED goes off then comes on solid again as soon as i release it). When I connect it to the computer (XP S2, WMP 11) it is not recognised at all any more (it used to work fine). any ideas?

Old 02-11-2008, 01:42 AM

Default Does the ZMV affect in Weather conditions?

Can the ZMV: 60 GB get do this after being in the cold weather? I was talking to my friend out side and it was freezing outside and when I got back in my car it was frozen and would not turn on (I had it off by the way) and then I tried reseting it, nothing.

I came home and tried to charge it and it was acting crazy and saying "rebuilding" and "Firmware problem" or something and then the problems hit-not recognizing, etc.

I've tried everything. If I'm lucky I see the blue light blink, stay on, the creative logo will show up but freeze and then get horizontal scramble lines if I move/tilt/plug in the charger from my lap top, sometimes it'll go up to the Zen Vision: M logo and freeze there with some scrambles. I worked randomly the other day and now it's back to doing the same thing. I press the reset button and it doesn't work.

So now I think there might be water inside it cause I don't want to take apart just yet.

Any ideas if this is due to weather?

I've had the ZMV for 5 months now and I bought it in Dubai, I don't think I have the receipt nor a waranty and I'm back home in the U.S.

Help in advance would be much obliged.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You would have to be in some insanely freezing weather for it to adversely affect the player's electronics -- I'm talking sustained temperatures below -40F. However, if you took that freezing-cold player into a warm, moist environment, you've likely got condensation problems now.

As for warranty, you're in the same boat I was in. I bought mine in Dubai, didn't get any international warranty, and took it back home to the US with me. Thankfully, I never developed any problems with my now-two-year-old player, but I was fearful for a while.

Your player definitely sounds like there's water intrusion of some kind. Your best bet is to leave the thing off, do not plug it in, and let it stand on end for a day or two so it can dry out .