android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 02-11-2008, 03:06 PM

Thanks ZenChick, I did just that and will reply the news in a few days. Much appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-14-2008, 10:16 PM

Well I stood it up on it's end for three days max (while it is turned off and while the blue light wasn't on or blinking) and I plug it in with the laptop charger and the blue light just blinks now, i tried turning it on without the charger and it blinks 5 times and that's it. I guess I should let it charge for a while to see what happens? My guess is that it's still going to do have this problem but I shall see.

suggestions or vote for me taking this apart, I'm all ears.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:25 PM

whoa...if that blue light is blinking constantly while it's plugged in, your golden!! Just *leave it alone* for 24 hours. Don't mess with it. It's charging.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:25 PM

I just researched the microsoft site in regards to the windows xp service pack3......sp3 is a prerelease candidate(beta). it hasn't been released to the update site yet.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:17 PM

I'm back and my ZVM is still not working, as I last left it charging for over 24 hours, the blue light just stays on now, I unplugged it and reset it and still nothing, the blue light just stays on. I'm thinking it's going to take more than 24 hours?

Old 02-20-2008, 12:24 AM

My ZVM still doesn't work, I've kept it charged every since and the blue light keeps flashiong/staying on. The charge battery icon would show up with a lightning bolt icon frozen on it and then back to the black screen, after a day or 2 I think the icon of the battery would show with the red bar showing, then I tried moving the ZVM and the screen would scramble and be frozen. I've tried reseting, turning it off, holding the power button and i get the same thing than before. help, lol.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:40 PM

Angry not so zen...

Dear wise people, take pity on me,

first of all, if i'm asking something that's already been solved, forgive me. this will be the third forum i've posted to about this problem, and i'm growing desperate.

I got a zen vision m 60gb 11 months ago. Bought it online, from komplett. all seemed fine, it was working perfectly. then, i moved to France in september 2007.

my player worked fine, I was using the charger that I got in the accessories pack to charge it, and no worries. I went home for Christmas, and stupidly left that white matchbox sized thing you connect the usb cable to the player with in Ireland. So my ZVM went about 5 weeks without a charge.

When i got home two weeks ago, i plugged it into my dad's desktop, and it charged, no problem. But, while it did charge, it wasn't recognised by the computer at all, not the Series Media Explorer, WMP11 nor Media Source 5 Organizer. So i plugged it into my laptop (Vista), and the exact same occurred.

I uninstalled all the creative stuff on my laptop, and re-installed it, but no change. on the player itself, the music plays fine, but if i try to access videos or photos (which the player says are still there when i go to system information), the folders are there, but when selected say files not found.

Really, i just want to save my music. I had all my music on my old laptop, and it was stolen, so my zen is it. I really want to save it, as the photos are on my camera's memory, and the videos easily replaceable. but 2,457 songs are at stake!

I'm currently letting my battery wear down and then recharging to see if that'll help. i've also already reloaded the device's firmware, it's currently 1.21.02.

i'm lost. any help, in layman's terms (please treat me like an idiot), would be greatly appreciated. cheers.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:43 PM

WOOHOO! I fixed it!

Oh thank goodness

All I did was take it apart, blow inside of it to bring some life into it, I lifted up the battery but did not disconnect it because I did not want to go any further than the taking off the back cover, I touched the battery to see if it was wet and blow inside the zvm some more and that was it, I put back together, plug it in to my computer and vwala! the battery symbol turned on and I immediately turned it on carefully. I got my zvm back to life

phew! Hopefully it stays alive longer ^_^

-chow

Old 03-17-2008, 04:19 PM

hey...
ive a similar problem... just bought new zvm. 30 gb firmware 1.30.XX. i plugged it into ac mains to charge it. it turned on immediately but showed full charged icon. but when i unplugged it after 2 hrs it suddenly turned off.. it works only on mains.. not on batteries.. and i guess its not charging becoz the blue light turns off as the player tuns off when on mains after sometime..
what to do...
pls help me put

Old 03-19-2008, 04:00 PM

Hello,

I've had my creative zen vision m for about a year and a half now. I used to use it all the time with my computer, but now my pc won't recognize it anymore. I've tried everything from that registry usb permissions thing to uninstalling the usb ports in device manager and having windows re-detect them and reinstall them. I have tried different usb ports in my pc and everything else I can think of. In device manager I can see the creative zen but it has a yellow ! mark on it and if I delete it windows detects a mtp device and my player will be sycned to the pc but only for 30 seconds before it looses it again. I've already tried going into recovery mode and whiping out my player and starting over and that seemed to work but only for that one time, after plugging to the pc again I was welcomed with the same symptoms all over again. any ideas? thanks

Old 03-20-2008, 12:36 PM

Default undetectable..

my Zen wont even charge or be detected.. is it possible i need a driver? and if so were can i get the driver?

Old 03-20-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime604 View Post
my Zen wont even charge or be detected.. is it possible i need a driver? and if so were can i get the driver?
Me too! Mine won't charge... it doesn't get detected when I plug it in the computer; it doesn't even turn on. Nothing appears on the screen when I plug it in my computer, and there is no blue light on the player.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanton View Post
for people with media player 10 or 11 issues try this fixup.zip
http://www.delldjsite.com/forums/att...tachmentid=462

its floating around the net..so grab it before it expires.
Do I just run the application in that folder? or do I need to edit all that script etc in the "setup info" file?

update: I ran the fixup file and its telling me I need to have wmp10. My problem is im in vista with wmp11. So it wont work. ....

Old 03-26-2008, 09:21 PM

Default "The device cannot start (Code 10)"

Hey, I just had to register to share my input on connectivity issues and let everyone know the solution to a specific problem.
I was having the same problem as Persian was having in this thread from about a year ago, but I never found a specific answer anywhere. When I plugged in my ZVM30 I would get the Found New Hardware bubble with MTP device about every five seconds but would never connect. This is also applicable to the device showing up in the device manager but saying "The device cannot start (code 10)".
You must make a registry entry change to fix this problem.
Run regedit and go to this registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{EEC5AD98-8080-425f-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}
<o></o>
In the right hand panel, the key "(Default)" should say "Portable Devices"
<o>
</o>
Delete the Key “UpperFilters”

Delete the Key “LowerFilters” (If present)

Then all of the sudden it connects and recognizes correctly. Viola!!

Hope this helps anyone with connectivity issues!!

Edit: This was for Windows XP SP2. Can't confirm for any other OS.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboyb View Post
Hey, I just had to register to share my input on connectivity issues and let everyone know the solution to a specific problem.
I was having the same problem as Persian was having in this thread from about a year ago, but I never found a specific answer anywhere. When I plugged in my ZVM30 I would get the Found New Hardware bubble with MTP device about every five seconds but would never connect. This is also applicable to the device showing up in the device manager but saying "The device cannot start (code 10)".
You must make a registry entry change to fix this problem.
Run regedit and go to this registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{EEC5AD98-8080-425f-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}
<o></o>
In the right hand panel, the key "(Default)" should say "Portable Devices"
<o>
</o>
Delete the Key “UpperFilters”

Delete the Key “LowerFilters” (If present)

Then all of the sudden it connects and recognizes correctly. Viola!!

Hope this helps anyone with connectivity issues!!

Edit: This was for Windows XP SP2. Can't confirm for any other OS.
I currently have exactly the same problem, but when I followed your steps, it already did say 'Portable Devices' and the Upper/Lower Flters weren't there.

So I'm still stumped.

I'm about to throw it against a wall. Seriously. Over the last two days, i've reinstalled windows, reinstalled the creative software, been on about 10 different forums, done driver checks....nothing. I thought you'd solved it...but no.

I have such a pain in my arse with this thing at this stage...

Old 05-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Error Code 10 Device Cannot Start, usually means that something or service is keeping the MTP driver loading.

Check the Control Panel > Admin Tools> Services for a service called LibUSB-Win32 and disable it. This service has been confirmed to cause this error with the Zen's driver.

Zen FAQ

Old 05-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austo View Post
I currently have exactly the same problem, but when I followed your steps, it already did say 'Portable Devices' and the Upper/Lower Flters weren't there.

So I'm still stumped.

I'm about to throw it against a wall. Seriously. Over the last two days, i've reinstalled windows, reinstalled the creative software, been on about 10 different forums, done driver checks....nothing. I thought you'd solved it...but no.

I have such a pain in my arse with this thing at this stage...
What version of Windows are you running?

Old 05-07-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
What version of Windows are you running?
XP with SP2 installed.

Thing is I've already used the Zen on this laptop, and only recently has it started acting up. I've only transferred music onto it once, and as going to again the other day when it stopped recognizing it.

Although I've had it for a month, and had to send it back within 3 days because it was totaly dead and not charging etc.

Quote:
Error Code 10 Device Cannot Start, usually means that something or service is keeping the MTP driver loading.

Check the Control Panel > Admin Tools> Services for a service called LibUSB-Win32 and disable it. This service has been confirmed to cause this error with the Zen's driver.
I'll try that.

Creative support are no use by email either. They just churn out the same rubbish that they have on their website.

'make sure you have power in your battery'

Duh.

ANyway, fingers crossed.

Edit: nope. Service wasn't there. Cheers though.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Edit: nope. Service wasn't there. Cheers though.
Ok, make sure both of these services are running and set to automatic:

- Plug and Play
- Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework

You also mentioned that you have reinstalled the Creative software. To be safe, I would uninstall all Creative software while troubleshooting this driver issue. It could very well be the cause or part of what is causing this error.

Quote:
Although I've had it for a month, and had to send it back within 3 days because it was totaly dead and not charging etc.
Without an AC charger and drivers loading correctly, the ZVM won't be able to charge correctly. So, running the ZVM without any charging after a few days of usage, can cause that.

Also try:

With the ZVM connected, uninstall (right click on its entry) it in Device Manager and then scan for new devices. Let it find the Zen again and load the driver. If the error still exists, restart the computer, go back into Device manager, and check for the error.

Zen FAQ

Old 05-10-2008, 08:46 AM

to be honest, I couldn't be arsed.

I've sent it back and am getting a refund.

All i want to do is listen to some music, not earn a degree in computer science.

I'm buying an I-Pod.