android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 05-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Do you think iPods don't have problems? Honestly, your problem(s) seems to be within your computer, not with your DAP.

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Do you think iPods don't have problems? Honestly, your problem(s) seems to be within your computer, not with your DAP.
Agreed. Enjoy your iPod; but at some point of time, you're going to have to address that problem on your computer, because some day it will be something else that doesn't mount properly - perhaps even the iPod.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:46 AM

Default Zvm Hardware Problem Icon

I basically have the same concern as the rest of you, ZVM will not turn on, black screen, blue light flashes when connected to my CPU, etc. I've spent a number of hours on Google looking for answers, everything I've tried has yet to turn on my ZVM or at least get it to go into Recovery Mode.
I have one concern I've yet to read about, the HARDWARE PROBLEM Icon will appear on my screen at times when plugged into my CPU, but always when I plug it in to a cigar lighter in my car.
Can anyone help? Does anyone know of a way to extract the music I have from my ZVM onto an external hard drive? I have well over 1,200 songs that I hope I didn't loose.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Old 05-31-2008, 08:34 PM

Default Sigh...

So I have looked everywhere but I cant seem to find an answer to my problem (or ever someone else with my problem).

I got a Vision M 30 GB a few days ago. I came home, installed everthing and all that good stuff. I plugged in the unit to my computer via USB and the blue light on top started flashing giving the impression that it was charging. However after about 30 seconds or so, the light just went off. No flashing, nothing. So I tried it agian and the same thing. Flashed for a bit, the shut off again. I tried every USB port and got the same thing. I tried my girlfreinds laptop. Exact same thing. When I plugged it in it started flashing for a bit then stopped.

So I went out and bought a charger for it (50 bucks it cost me too ) and plugged it into the wall. The screen lit right up and the flashing lightning bolt symbol came up. Once again I assumed that it was all good and was charging. So set it on my table and let it charge. 20 minutes later I checked on it and it was still charging (the lightning bolt thingy was still flashing). So I left it for a few hours to charge up. When I came back though the screen was black. No charging Icon, no blue flashing light, nothing. I tried turning it on. Nothing. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Nothing. resetting it. Nothing. It doesnt respond to anything i do. I have no idea whats wrong with it. It seemed to be charging fine on the adapter, now its a brick.

Anyone have any ideas?

Old 05-31-2008, 09:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1cigar View Post
I basically have the same concern as the rest of you, ZVM will not turn on, black screen, blue light flashes when connected to my CPU, etc. I've spent a number of hours on Google looking for answers, everything I've tried has yet to turn on my ZVM or at least get it to go into Recovery Mode.
I have one concern I've yet to read about, the HARDWARE PROBLEM Icon will appear on my screen at times when plugged into my CPU, but always when I plug it in to a cigar lighter in my car.
Can anyone help? Does anyone know of a way to extract the music I have from my ZVM onto an external hard drive? I have well over 1,200 songs that I hope I didn't loose.
Thanks in advance,
Mike
EDIT: Before buying a replacement battery, you may want to open the ZVM up and make sure the battery connector hasn't come loose or even if a reseat of the connection helps.

I'm thinking a battery or mainboard issue. I would think about purchasing a replacement battery. A small price to pay to find out if it is the mainboard or not. Best case, you get it working/charging again. The hardware error message you get when connecting to a power source has me wondering if it is maybe the charging IC on the mainboard though.

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 05-31-2008 at 09:27 PM.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsupialJones View Post
So I have looked everywhere but I cant seem to find an answer to my problem (or ever someone else with my problem).

I got a Vision M 30 GB a few days ago. I came home, installed everthing and all that good stuff. I plugged in the unit to my computer via USB and the blue light on top started flashing giving the impression that it was charging. However after about 30 seconds or so, the light just went off. No flashing, nothing. So I tried it agian and the same thing. Flashed for a bit, the shut off again. I tried every USB port and got the same thing. I tried my girlfreinds laptop. Exact same thing. When I plugged it in it started flashing for a bit then stopped.

So I went out and bought a charger for it (50 bucks it cost me too ) and plugged it into the wall. The screen lit right up and the flashing lightning bolt symbol came up. Once again I assumed that it was all good and was charging. So set it on my table and let it charge. 20 minutes later I checked on it and it was still charging (the lightning bolt thingy was still flashing). So I left it for a few hours to charge up. When I came back though the screen was black. No charging Icon, no blue flashing light, nothing. I tried turning it on. Nothing. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Nothing. resetting it. Nothing. It doesnt respond to anything i do. I have no idea whats wrong with it. It seemed to be charging fine on the adapter, now its a brick.

Anyone have any ideas?
EDIT: Before buying a replacement battery, you may want to open the ZVM up and make sure the battery connector hasn't come loose or even if a reseat of the connection helps.

Basically the same recommendation as the last post. However, if you just bought it and if there is another, maybe you can return it for another. If not, I would look into purchasing a new battery.

Last edited by BobbyRS; 05-31-2008 at 09:27 PM.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

FYI:

You should be able to replace it using this guide (up to step 3):
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...n-vision-m.php

Here is a YouTube video of the battery being replaced:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfBRE8osFGQ

Zen FAQ

Old 06-01-2008, 11:37 AM

So I have no idea how or why it happened, but as i was walking out the door to take it back to the store, I hit the on/off button. And to my complete disbelief, it turned on. For the first time since I got it almost a week ago. That was about 12 hours ago and its working great now.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You may still want to check, especially if it happens again:

Quote:

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 06-16-2008 at 11:37 AM.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:46 AM

Hey guys,
Sadly i have encounterd the same problems with my own ZVM. I haven't used it or charged it for an entire week, and the battery is now depleted. My unit is charging for 16 hours now, and the battery meter won't go above the red line.
After about two hours of charging i was able to power on the unit and it functioned properly while it was connected to the USB cable; however the second I unplugged the USB it powered off. Even when I power on the unit and the cable is plugged it isn't recognized anywhere, and obviously i cannot update my firmware (current is 1.1).
Right now the unit is displaying the battery meter, the battery is empty- and although it is pluged to the USB cable it somewhy doesn't seem to be charging anymore (solid blue light).

I'm starting to get upset with this...

Old 06-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, I would consider a new battery. If you have an AC adapter you could use, you may want to consider using it instead to recharge it. If it had a full charge, it should have lasted longer than a week before it became too depleted to turn the ZVM on. Plus with a new battery, you can get one that is a 1700mAH instead of the smaller capacity 1250mAH stock battery and get some longer runtimes. Wow, you should really consider upgrading to the latest 1.62.02 firmware to get the best stability and power efficiency.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-17-2008, 12:34 AM

Yup, I changed the battery (had a spare one from my old ZVM) and now it's charging with an AC adapter. Thanks!
However it's still not recognized...

Old 06-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
However it's still not recognized...
What is your OS? If it is Windows, do you get the audible alert when connected? How is Device Manager loading the driver; any errors? What version of WMP do you have installed? You may want to have a read through this thread now that you are having connection issues. Many possible solutions are in this thread.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-17-2008, 07:53 AM

I'm using vista X64.
I get no alert when connected.
The unit isn't listed at the device manager.
I have WMP 11.

I have went over the entire thread, however I didn't find anything that helped... >':

Old 06-17-2008, 08:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Can it power on yet? It can't be recognized until it turns on.

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 06-17-2008 at 09:41 AM.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:17 AM

yes, it does power on. I can play songs and use it as normal.

edit: well, almost as normal. it does take a hell lot of time to charge, and it isn't recognized yet.
i'm gonna try it on a XP SP2 system.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, I would start by checking the physical connections like trying another USB cable, dongle.... Maybe even moving the cable and dongle around while plugged in to see if you can get it to be recognized by the computer. Also check to see if the pins on any of the connectors/ports aren't bent.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-17-2008, 10:38 AM

I tried another USB cable. I do not have another dongle, and I have tried diferent ports on the computer. I'll check the pins..
Thanks for your help BobbyRS, I hope i'll manage to fix this.

Edit: no defective pins.
However the unit does light up and power on uppon connection; it just isn't recognized. I think the problem might be the firmware or the computer itself.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Do you have another computer you could connect it to, to see if it connects or gets recognized?

Try booting it into Recovery Mode and see if it gets detected when connected. This will bypass anything having to do with the firmware that may be causing issue. While you are in Recovery Mode, try doing a Cleanup to see if that helps.

No problem FeedMeH.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-17-2008, 10:57 AM

It doesn't recognize under recovery mode as well. I preformed a cleanup - no use.
I'll try to connect on my XP machine- what drivers should I install?

Thanks again!