android
Old 03-11-2007, 05:19 PM

Exclamation canot delete songs and other probs

ok i got my zenV 2gig from a pawnshop so no manual or softwere. i downloaded the latest ones off the creative website and at first it seemed to work, i did mannage to get song on it ..

here is my problem-
i have about 1 gig of music on it atm, but if i use the "media organiser" to add more songs it fails sayin i have no room, so i said FRIK IT and tryed to just delete everything on my mp3 player so i can put new songs on it. BUT NOW it will not let me delete anything i use the "media organiser" to delete everything on it and looks like it worked but when i unplug it from my usb all the songs are still on it .. i have been tryin for days and lookin at other forums and website tryin to trubleshoot this with no luck

( another small issue mabie is, on the "media organiser" it says that i have 0free space, but i know im only useing half the storage. AND on the player information its says i have )
total space-1888mb
free space-2359mb
not sure what that meens i even updated the firmwire on it to latest hopeing that would help .. but same

PS- iv seen some ppl talk about it just showing up in My Computer - as a removabul drive ( like my old mp3 player did) bubt after all the drivers and updates for it .. it will not show up im running (XP sp2)

im getting verry frustrated if anyone can help i would realy apreshate it
ty in advance

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-21-2007, 02:19 PM

Have you tried to format it from inside its own directory. Also check under extras,removable drive and make sure the memory isn't used here or maybe all of it. Just re format it there, see you can go here and set up a thumb drive...cool to transport documents....Good Luck I hope this helps.
WD.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:42 PM

lol i tryed but i cant figger ot how to format it, and i checked the removabul drive storage its set to DISABUL but if i try and change it , it errors ... odd ?

im haveing no luck with this unit i cant delete anything and i cant add any new songs it just errors everytime no matter what i try

Old 03-21-2007, 10:03 PM

Try inserting a pin in the tiny hole on the left side while you have it on, this will reset the unit to factory settings. Hope this works...

WD.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:08 PM

If all else dosen't work then follow this and make sure you have the firmware to reinstall and read and understand what you are doing.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ead.php?t=6714

WD.