android
Old 03-18-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Does anything compare to my old H140

Hi
I've had my H140 for almost 3yrs now, the battery's just run out so I'm waiting for a replacement one. If the hd ever goes, then I will replace that as well.
I bought a Creative M Vision the other week, because of the good reviews and I sent it back within the week, (good old amazon, got a full refund) not a patch on my old iriver, although the screen is very pretty....
I've now got a Samsung Z5 which is excellent and I'm delighted with it, although not as many settings as my iriver, but good enough, I'd just wish they'd put Bookmark on it, then it would be almost perfect.
I can't honestly say that I've found one mp3 player that is as good or better than my H140 and if they had continued to update and remake them then I would have definately bought another, but with the new Irivers nothing seems to compare to my old one.
But if you know different please tell me.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-18-2007, 09:27 PM

I'm not sure if you've ever tried rockbox on your h140. It's an alternate firmware that makes it even more fantastic. The iaudio x5 can run rockbox, and from what I hear is an excellent follow up to iriver's h1xx line. I had an h120 myself, have a zen vision M now, and I do sort of miss my h120. However the only reason I miss it is because of rockbox. If the ZVM had it, it'd be my fave.

My Deviant Art page - they make great wallpapers

Old 03-19-2007, 08:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I think the iAudio X5/X5L and the iRiver H3x0 are the only ones comparable to the H1x0. The X5 is much better over all, IMO. Only thing the H1x0 has that all other HDD players are missing is the optical output.