android
Old 07-23-2008, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
Make absolutely sure your Track tags are NOT in the xx/yy format! Most DAPs have a problem with this format. The Track tags should be simply in the xx format only.
Didn't work.

Quote:
If you continue to have problems, then my recommendation is to simply strip all ID3v2 information from your files. Be sure the ID3v1 information is accurate, then recreate the v2 tags from the v1 information (be aware that ID3v1 have character limits in its fields, so long titles and names may be truncated. Simply fill in the missing characters after recreating the v2 tags).
Success! I just removed all ID3v2 tags, leaving only the ID3v1 tags. Tracks are playing in proper sequence. Next I'll try copying ID3v1 to ID3v2, and see what happens. Regardless, it shouldn't be this damn complex and tedious. EDIT: Just copied ID3v1 tags to ID3v2, and it's still playing in proper album order. But, the "View Details" screen from "Now Playing" nows shows the second song on the CD as "Track: #50"! Go figure. The workaround is actually easier and better. At least I have my answer. SECOND EDIT: I really think Creative could and should document this a whole lot better.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Creative Tag 50.gif (164.6 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by c.coyle; 07-24-2008 at 05:46 PM. Reason: attached photo

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Wow, that is a strange issue. Well, good to know the v1 tags worked. So now we have to figure out what's going wrong with the v2 tags. Have you tried a different tagging utility?

Old 07-24-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Wow, that is a strange issue. Well, good to know the v1 tags worked. So now we have to figure out what's going wrong with the v2 tags. Have you tried a different tagging utility?
Yup. MP3tag, Winamp, MP3 Scan. I've decided it's not a bug, it's a feature.

Last edited by c.coyle; 07-24-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 07-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

What sync software are you using? Do you have another DAP around that reads ID3 tags that you try a few of the tagged files with to see how they are read? To help rule out the firmware and if you have a good connection with the ZVP, maybe boot into Recovery Mode and do a Reload Format do erase the current firmware before reloading it again. That way you no that no problems with the existing firmware are carried over to the new firmware install.

Zen FAQ

Old 07-25-2008, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
What sync software are you using?
None. I don't need sync software. I download music and rip CDs to my PC, put them in directories, and copy them over to my player with Total Commander. I download podcasts to my PC and move 'em over the same way.

Quote:
Do you have another DAP around that reads ID3 tags that you try a few of the tagged files with to see how they are read?
Just some old MSC devices, but they set play order based on directory structure and filename, don't they?

Quote:
To help rule out the firmware and if you have a good connection with the ZVP, maybe boot into Recovery Mode and do a Reload Format do erase the current firmware before reloading it again. That way you no that no problems with the existing firmware are carried over to the new firmware install.
Good idea. I'll give that a try.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
None. I don't need sync software. I download music and rip CDs to my PC, put them in directories, and copy them over to my player with Total Commander. I download podcasts to my PC and move 'em over the same way.
I'm not too familiar with Total Commander and using ID3v2.3 tags, but maybe try a different method of transferring your files to see if it changes anything.

Quote:
Just some old MSC devices, but they set play order based on directory structure and filename, don't they?
Yeah, that won't work unless they also support MTP mode to be able to read ID3 tags.

Quote:
Good idea. I'll give that a try.
Let us know.....

Zen FAQ

Old 12-20-2008, 09:31 AM

Hi,

I have a Creative Zen Vision M with the same problem. Has anybody found a more straight fwd solution to this? I updated my player with the latest firmware yesterday but doesnt help.

Thanks!

Old 12-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian.bodtke View Post
Hi,

I have a Creative Zen Vision M with the same problem. Has anybody found a more straight fwd solution to this? I updated my player with the latest firmware yesterday but doesnt help.

Thanks!
Welcome christian.bodtke. Did you try this from earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.coyle View Post
Success! I just removed all ID3v2 tags, leaving only the ID3v1 tags. Tracks are playing in proper sequence. Next I'll try copying ID3v1 to ID3v2, and see what happens. Regardless, it shouldn't be this damn complex and tedious. EDIT: Just copied ID3v1 tags to ID3v2, and it's still playing in proper album order. But, the "View Details" screen from "Now Playing" nows shows the second song on the CD as "Track: #50"! Go figure. The workaround is actually easier and better. At least I have my answer.

Zen FAQ