android
Old 04-14-2007, 04:41 AM

Exclamation Converted video files gets larger?

When I put video files to my zen player they'll by "compressed" or converted to a lower resolution to fit the 128x128 pixel screen. But a music video at 40 MB will become almost twice as large after the conversion. How comes that? I rather want them smaller! Is there any setting I can change or something to get them smaller?

And another thing, all of my converted videos got a resolution at 128x94 (I think), except from one which got a resolution at 108x94 ... how comes that? Can't the height be larger that 94 pixels?

And yet another thing, can I compress or convert video files to fit to my zen player even when I don't have it connected to the computer?

Thank you!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-14-2007, 03:09 PM

Video files converted for the Zen V Plus become larger because the player doesn't have enough power to play compressed video files. So the converted files are actually extremely fast slideshows with 15 slides per second. That is what makes those videos larger than the original ones.

And yes, you can convert them without having your player hooked up, just by starting the Creative Videoconversion application. (start>all programs>Creative>videoconversion)

Old 04-14-2007, 03:29 PM

Ok, so if I want to get a creative player which can play more low bit-rate videos than that, I'll have to buy a Zen Vision of some kind?

Old 04-15-2007, 10:49 AM

Exactly, the Zen V Plus is not really meant to play large video files, the video function is more a gadget. But players like the Zen Vision really are made to play large files such as movies. They have a way larger screen too. But they're also much bigger (and heavier)

Old 04-15-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woembah View Post
Exactly, the Zen V Plus is not really meant to play large video files, the video function is more a gadget. But players like the Zen Vision really are made to play large files such as movies. They have a way larger screen too. But they're also much bigger (and heavier)
Hah, that reminds me, I recently bought an iPod, one of the earliest versions with toutch wheel and black and white screen (and used by the way). What a mistake. It was really huge! And I'm talking about like twice the size in all dimensions that a Creative Zen V. I bought it at a Swedish daughter site to eBay, something went wrong with the paying so I got no guarantee. And it really didn't work well with the software on it, eventually I had to format it and now it's almost completely broken, I'm lucky if I can play a whole song before it crashes and freezes. That's why I bought the Zen player, and I'm really hapy with it ( ), rather than having a half-working iPod shit!