android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen V

Old 04-15-2007, 11:01 PM

Default just ordered the zen v and have a couple questions.

Hi everyone. I have researching both the Zen V, Zen V +, and Ipod Nano for the past few days to decide which player to get. I have a HD based player no so this isn't going to be my MAIN mp3 player but this thing will still be used quite a lot. The main use will be running (i run 6 days a week). I also will wear it doing work around the house. I currently having a 512MB Muvo Tx that i would say is ok. I hate it not having a rechargeable battery. I of course bought a energizer system and got rechargeable AAA but its still not the same. I can not charge it while on the road or anything like that and the AAA are easy to forget. Also it does not get the loud.

Today i was mowing grass and had it strapped to me and i could hardly hear it above the roar of the push mower. The last thing i don't like is the track switcher on th muvo. If you put any downward pressure on it (which sometimes is not easy to do) then it goes into the menu system and you talk about annoying trying to get out of that when your trying to concentrate on running.

A guy at work has a 2GB nano and this thing get LOUD. I heard the Zen are even louder. Which would be great.

OK here is my main questions:

1) Is the Zen V & Zen V+ exactly the same except for Video (which i don't care about) and FM Tuner (which isn't a big deal for me at all)? Are the sound quality the same? Do they have same ability to get loud?

2) Does the Zen V get as load as the Nano? I assume this thing will get a lot louder than my Muvo TX

3) How easy are the controls to use (volume, track switch, ect) when you have this thing strapped to your arm and can't see the screen?

4) How easy is it to use podcast on these things? I know creative has this thing called zencast but not sure what it is. So say i have a podcast i want to use...how do i go about using it with this player?

I did order the Zen V (non +) tonight because i found such a good deal at Buy.Com. It was $80 After Rebate but i'm wanting to make sure it has what i need. I already ordered a Car Charger and a Case with an armband off of ebay so i can do more than look at this thing when it comes in .

Anyways any help would be appreciated. thanks, Ncage

Last edited by ncage1974; 04-16-2007 at 12:45 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-16-2007, 08:29 AM

1) yes
3) yes, it's quite easy
4) it took me about 5 minutes to get the point

all the best

Last edited by marten; 04-17-2007 at 11:52 AM.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:57 PM

Just a quick reply you wanted to know which is louder. I have both of these in the nano will blow the socks off the Zen anyday. Although the Zen has great features it fulls short on the sound. If your looking for volume you will be very disapointed. Tha Sansa 200 series are loud but then fall short on features. I'm going to be picking up that new Sony NWA 800 in a few days maybe you should give this a look.
WD.

Old 04-17-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdcleancut View Post
Tha Sansa 200 series are loud but then fall short on features.
The sansa e200 seems to be the most feature-packed out of the three

Old 04-17-2007, 06:29 PM

ya, but the sound quality sucks. look into the cowon F2 maybe?

Old 04-17-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srozzman View Post
ya, but the sound quality sucks. look into the cowon F2 maybe?
What do mean the Sansa sound sucks it has great sound at any volume, the problem with the sansa is the features not the sound. Maybe you should take a listen to the sansa before saying how good the cowons are.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:38 AM

The sound quality of the Sansa e200 is definitely inferior to the Creative and Cowon players. Unless it's been corrected in more recent versions, the e200 has clearly audible system noise when the player buffers files. This happens at the beginning of new tracks and in the middle of longer tracks. It was noted in the CNET review, and it's been widely discussed by myself and others on the Sansa forum on the website,

Old 04-18-2007, 06:56 AM

Oh ya I forgot about that about the sansa, as I only had mine a little while before returning it because of the features. While the creatives sound is the only bad thing about the Zen its a killer for most people. I'm looking at giving the new Sony NWA 800 series a try and as long as the gue is good I'm sure this is going to be a killer player.