android
Old 03-01-2007, 10:44 PM

I'm having a pretty weird problem, guys.

When I open the Library is WMP11 and go to Album mode, it shows a lot of albums having album art, but then when I click on an individual album to look at the tracks, on the left where it should be showing the album art (which was there on the Albums page) it shows the generic album-art-less icon. Then when I move these albums onto the ZVM the album art isn't there. Does anyone know what is happening? If it matters, I added most if not all of my album art by copying the art from online, right clicking on the album from the album page and then clicking on "Paste Album Art."

Also, is there a way for me to add album art to an album already on the Zen?

I'm sorry if these complaints have already been voiced, this topic is quite long... ^_^;

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-02-2007, 06:33 PM

it's better to tag your music with the album art. That embeds the art into the id3 tags. When you copy paste they way you did, it just creates some .jpg file in the album directory.

It's also better to do this tagging to the music files on your computer and then sync them to the player. You can (i think) change stuff on your player, but it won't transfer back over to your computer.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:15 AM

I got my VM on Tuesday and had all of my albums ripped on my PC with embedded art ready to transfer. I transferred the albums to the VM with the Creative software and the art didn't show on the player. I removed the albums and tried transferring the albums with WMP11 and again the art didn't show up. I removed the albums again and tried transferring using MediaMonkey and everything worked that time. Really weird but this might be of some help to someone.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:26 AM

I've had my ZVM for about a month now. I do not like MP10 or 11. I personally think the two are culprit of my tags being all messed up.

I have been using Media Monkey. I really like it. It does an excellent job as a player and a media tagger. And, it embeds album cover art in the files, unlike MP which stores album art in directories which are hidden and scattered all over the place. It has taken me over three weeks to undo what MP did, and I am still fixing my tags.

One thing I have noticed with the ZVM, if the Album name is the same as another album name (ie: Greatest Hits) when you go to play it back on the ZVM, the songs are combined into one Greatest hits. I noticed this the other day with The Bee Gee's Greatest Hits and The Black Crows Greatest Hits.
(I didnt know Bee Gee's sang "Hard to Handle"...LOL)

So, the only way I have been able to fix this is that every album name needs to be specific to that album/artist. So the album name would be "The Bee Gee's : Greatest Hits" ...and so on.

Other than that, all of my album art shows up as it should on the player and I have no problems at all.

Media Monkey ver 3 will be out soon. You can download the BETA if you like.
It has a really nice updated interface with Album browsing.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Where is album art stored on the ZVM?

I may just use Media Monkey to retag my music and embed the album art. Up until now I've just been using WMP 11.

But where is the album art stored on the ZVM? I don't see any art in the Photos area on the player. If I embed all the art, I certainly want to make sure all the pictures are removed.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:39 AM

I believe it's all in a folder called 'albums'. might be wrong though. All my album art is in the tags so there are no pics anywhere.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werezenwolf View Post
I believe it's all in a folder called 'albums'. might be wrong though.
I see the Albums folder, but if the pics are there, I can't see them in Media Explorer or MediaSource Organizer. I wonder if the pictures are hidden somehow with the Creative software. I'll try a machine where I don't have the Creatve software installed.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:11 PM

I'm having a problem whereby I've been adding albums to my Zen and using the creative media explorer software to add the album art. For some albums the art shows up on the zen and for others it doesn't despite all the album art showing up on the Creative media explorer.

Any ideas?

Old 03-07-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Albums folder IS where the art is

So I checked the Albums folder on a machine where no Creative software was installed. I can see all the .alb files and when you select one, you see a thumbnail of the album cover. So, at least all the pics are stored in one spot on the player and not in every folder of every album.

I went ahead and embedded art to all my files with Media Monkey. That was interesting...some files already had art, presumably via WMP somehow. But some didn't. And I discovered I had three art files embedded for some albums! WMP must add to the art every time you "paste" an album cover (rather than replacing what is already there).

Do I really have to reformat the player before adding my updated files? Or can I just delete all the albums from the player and then resync?

Old 03-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You can just delete the changed songs and resync. However, if this doesn't work for you, then be prepared to reformat.

I must add that one nice thing about WMP11 is that you don't have to worry about this - any changes made to a song on the PC is automatically synced to the player.

Old 03-10-2007, 03:00 PM

can't album arts be stored in the album folder (as folder.jpg) and read by the player, just like sansa e200 does? sorry if this is a dumb question...

Old 03-18-2007, 07:29 PM

I have well over 5,000 songs on my ZVM from napster, now (unfortunatly) napster does not send over album art from the program, so I have a ton of albums that I want to have album art for.

(theoretically) If I were to update all my tracks via WMP11 and let it do it's sync thing, will it update what I have on there now with the album art? Or am I doomed to have to take all my songs off of it (being my ZVM) and then syncing it up via wmp?

Old 03-21-2007, 08:28 PM

Yeah, I have the same problem. I'm using Napster, but it doesn't send album art.

First is there any firmware upgrade that I need? And also, what do I need to do, step by step, to easily include all album art on my Zen?

Old 03-22-2007, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5h00p3r_MAN View Post
Yeah, I have the same problem. I'm using Napster, but it doesn't send album art.

First is there any firmware upgrade that I need? And also, what do I need to do, step by step, to easily include all album art on my Zen?
Well I took a while to figure this out (and it fully doesn't work as far as I can tell)

I went online and searched online for the album art and manually (yes that was a major pain in the butt) and went into WMP and attached each one to the album and synced it up.

I think I probably did more damage then help though.

Half of it doesn't show up.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:09 PM

I seem to be having an album art issue no one else is...and trust me I have looked for a solution to this and its driving me absolutely nuts!!!

I have erased every album art with mp3 tag tools, so none of the files on my computer have any album art associated with them. I have completely formated my ZVM to erase it completely blank yet when i load all my files back into it it loads the same album art for every single file!!!!

I have no idea where this art is coming from cuz its not tagged in any files!!!

all i want is no album art but i cant do it, im going insane!!!!

Old 04-21-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Newbie ?'s

OK I just got my ZEN a week ago and I'm just starting to put my music in
I started to use MusicMatch 10 with album art in the tags but it was not showing on my ZEN.Then I started using WMP11 to sync my music but not sure how to embed the art to the tags. I right clicked the album/cd on WMP11 to get album info and it gets the tracks and cd cover.
Should this embed the tag with the art? Or is there another way to do this? Any help is appreciated. Thanxxx

Old 04-30-2007, 03:10 AM

Nothing to do! i've tryed Mp3 Tag Tools, Mp3 Tag, Album Cover Art Downloader ... nothing ... my Vision:M don't show anything! I've try to sync with Media Explorer and Windows Explorer .. i've tried to put in the same directory the file "folder.jpg" and "folder" without exstension. Nothing to do. No covers in my ZEN.
Any suggestions?

here one screen of my mp3 with the cover into the id3d tag:
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8861/screenpz5.jpg

I think that the *problem* is in the way to syncronize (copying files from PC to the player).
A lot of user here, use WMP11 to sync. and the player SHOW the album art cover!

Last edited by bartman; 04-30-2007 at 04:14 AM.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Bartman, do you have WMP11 installed? If so, have you downloaded and installed the patch for Media Explorer?

Old 05-01-2007, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
Bartman, do you have WMP11 installed? If so, have you downloaded and installed the patch for Media Explorer?
Tnx for your reply ZenChick.
Yes, I've WMP11 and the Album Art works if i use it (WMP11) for *syncronize* my player, but i really hate WMP11.
I would like to do it manually! Without using WMP11!

if I use the media explorer patch, do I resolve the problem of the cover art?

UPDATE: Nothing to do. I have installed the patch, have tried to manually copy an album but the album art cover dosen't work! :-(

Last edited by bartman; 05-01-2007 at 07:47 AM.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Something's telling me whatever you're using to add your album art isn't adding the art in accordance with ID3v2 specifications.

Download yourself a copy of MP3 Tag Tools, load up your directory, and take a look at a sampling of songs to see if the image is embedded or not. You'll have to click on the Album Art tab at the bottom of the window to see this.