android
Old 05-01-2007, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman View Post
...manually copy an album but the album art cover dosen't work! :-(
That doesn't sound right. When you say you "...copy and album..." what exactly are you doing?

I use Media Monkey and it works flawlessly. Whether I let MM look for tag info. from Amazon (right click, "Auto Tag from Amazon") or if I download an album art file (.jpg) and do it manually, since I've set it to embed the art, it works perfectly and when I sync, it updates on my ZVM.

In MM when you right click the song file, choose the "Album Art" tab at the bottom is has a check box to "Apply to all album tracks" it embeds the art to each song that has the same album name.

Just make sure you are embedding the art into the MP3 file and not linking to it as it almost seems like you're trying to do, going by comments made in previous replies (above).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-03-2007, 10:57 PM

I'm using MediaMonkey to add album art to my mp3s before transferring them to my ZVM. When using the Auto Tag from Amazon feature the cover images it loads can be as much as 500x500 pixels. Will that cause problems when viewing on the Zen? It just seems huge. I don't want to have to redo the tagging. Should I resort to a Google search to find smaller art?

I anxiously await your reply.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:59 PM

Not a problem at all.

However, I've found that the quality of image from Amazon isn't always that great. If it doesn't appear like I want it to, I'll search and see if I can find something better. I've even scanned CD covers and get better images.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:08 PM

Hi there folks, newbie here so please go gently!
I found this thread/forum when I bought a Vision M 30Gb and guess what, I found I couldn't get the album art to show.

Anyway, I have read this thread several times and have tried everything I can think of.
I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version (1.61...) and still nothing.
All my song files have the images embedded in the tags using Media Monkey as suggested here, they show up in in MM and also if I play a file in WMP11, in both cases however, only if I play a file from my harddrive. If I try and play a file by trying to play one from the ZEN I get an unrecognisable file format that I have to select 'Any File' in the file types box to get the songs to appear then when I click on a song the file name comes up as a load of numbers, an example being {000784F7-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}. I can however using Media Explorer right click on a song on the ZEN and select play and it will play ok.

Also, all my mp3s when I right click to look at the properties now say they are 'Media Monkey Files' instead of mp3's. I can reset them to mp3's by re-associating them with Windows Media Player though.
This of course may be normal behaviour but of course I don't know. I have tried all methods of updating the files on the ZEN and have deleted all the files on it now several times and tried various ways of sending the TAG'd mp3's to it but still nothing is showing up.

So first of all can someone put me straight on this, maybe you can't open a file that is on the ZEN in a player on the PC unless you use Media Explorer, so that would be normal?

But what am I missing for the album art still not to be showing on the ZEN??

Please help before I go completely bonkers.

Cheers.

Last edited by Chuffy; 05-10-2007 at 04:25 PM.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you downloaded and installed the update patch for Media Explorer? You can download it here if you haven't.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:09 AM

Smile

Thanks ZenChick, that has finally fixed it, you are nothing short of a genius!

I had (wrongly) assumed that as I just bought the player I would have the latest version, should have known better.

Again, many thanks.

Last edited by Chuffy; 05-11-2007 at 10:21 AM.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, your player did have the most up-to-date version - when it was manufactured and packaged.

Glad it worked for you!

Old 05-15-2007, 08:55 AM

Default Album Art & WMP11

Hey guys,

I have a couple of problems, and hope you can sort it out for me. I have about 8000 mp3s which I have collected over the years. Now with my ZVM60 (which I love), my album art is screwy, and so are some of the names that it displays. I'm using WinXP and WMP11, and the ZVM firmware is up to date.

There are a lot of those AlbumArt files floating around in my MP3 folders, which I'd like to get rid of (embedding into ID3v2 tags seems to be the way to go). I'd also like to get the ID3 tag info all correct, but I don't particularly want to wade through and edit 8000 files!

Will Media Monkey fix all this? If so, do I have to delete the AlbumArt files from my folders first? I don't mind checking all the tag info to confirm they're correct, just want to avoid the bulk of the repetitive typing.

Can someone give me some guidelines on how to clean this all up?

Old 05-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't know about Media Monkey, but WMP11 can. the down side to that is that WMP11, like its predecessors, fills your folders with jpegs. Unlike its predecessors, it properly tags your music with the album art, but the tags are not its primary means of retrieving album art for display.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:26 PM

I have found, that if you use wmp11, there is a simple solution to attaching cover art. Open the album view, find the picture of your choice on the internet, copy the picture, go back to wmp11, right click on the album you want to have the picture, and chose attach album art. Then resync the player to your computer.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:31 PM

Another fact, when attaching the art with wmp11 with the directions above, the picture attaches to each song and is only the size of a thumbnail. It doesn't matter what size the art is on the internet. This way it is a whole lot easier to read the song titles while they are playing.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:13 AM

So if I understand this correctly, because I am using WMP11, then I am stuck with the many AlbumArt files?

If so, I can live with that. However, one issue that I am having is that for many different tracks, the ZVM is using one album graphic all the time. Sometimes, there will be no graphic (and a slightly different text layout). I'm not really sure why it's doing that.. Any ideas?

Old 05-17-2007, 08:17 AM

Default Art problems

Hi,
until now my Album Arts have worked jsut fine. DOnt knwo why but if I add a new album into my ZVM Im not able to add picture there. I always put ARbum Art manually through Media Explorer until now.
When I open my Music Folder and take a look in the new added album, I cant add any picture there. Album Arts I added earlier work fine(I can see them in my ZVM and in Media Explorere as well), but I cant replace them with any new pictures.
I dont know what to do! I tried to reinstall firmware and Media Explorer but didnt solve my problem.

Any ideas?
Thanks for your help

Old 05-18-2007, 01:59 PM

Hey again,
I solved my problems with Media Monkey. Nevertheless I still have one question
How can I save all changes made in my ZVM through Media Monkey? WHen I work with files in my PC everything works great...but when I update something on my ZVM or when I add Album Art I cant save it. Also when I try to copy from ZVM to PC, it doesnt work...looks likes only "one way communication"

What shoudl I do, or what should I change in Settings to make it work "both ways" ?

Old 05-18-2007, 02:13 PM

You can't. You an make the changes on your PC, then if you want a fully clean ZVM, delete everything off it and resync from your PC.

There's not a way to "backup" your Zen, that I'm aware of.

I've done that 2 times just to make sure I have everything that I've cleaned up on the ZVM instead of taking a chance that all my hard work made it to the player.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

WMP11 is the only media manager that I'm aware of that can resync tag changes on the fly. With any other manager, you'll have to first remove the file off the ZVM, then resync it.

WMP11 also provides a complete backup of your player by design, as you are required to maintain a complete copy of your player's library on your PC (in actuality, WMP11 maintains a complete copy of your PC's library on your device, but this is effectively the same concept).

Old 05-18-2007, 03:23 PM

I've updated tags, like adding art, and it's updated the Zen. I haven't figured it out totally but it seems to have worked each time I've made art changes.

Some changes, like file name and other, will cause a duplicate file. I've just found it easier to delete the old and re-sync to make sure It's right.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:42 PM

Ok thanks a lot

Old 05-18-2007, 03:56 PM

Default aaghh,,cover art

Just board the vision:m
And there is no way in hell i can get cover art to work.
Tryed both tag&rename and mediamonkey. They both grap the cover from amazon, and when i load the album in MM or T&R u can clearly see the cover.
But when u but it into my vision:m either by MM or by creative's own explorer.
I see no cover when i play the album, when i check the photo album the cover is there.

I have one album working, have no idea how i got it to work.

any one please help me out here

Old 05-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Try looking through this thread.