android
Old 05-18-2007, 05:27 PM

I just did, nothing works.

ATT: Mod,,please move this thread, to the sticky about album cover.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-18-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almoxil View Post
I've picked two of my albums for this step-by-step mini tutorial. I'll embed album art for After Forever's "Decipher" and Epica's "Consign to Oblivion".

First I'll embed album art from a file. In this case, Decipher.
  1. Open MMJB and select an album whose album art haven't been embedded yet.
    Screenshot 1: tracks from Decipher without album art.
  2. Right click one of the tracks from the album (you don't need to select all the tracks. Select "Properties".
    Screenshot 2: selecting the properties for the current track.
  3. Select the tab named "Album Art". Noticed that I've checked "Apply to all tracks on the album" checkbox. Click "Add".
    Screenshot 3: selecting the album art tab.
  4. Now find and select a JPEG file with the front cover art for the album -- in this example, I've selected a 300 x 300 pixel 72 dpi 24-bit JPEG image. Click "Open" (or "Ok", or "Save"; I don't know because my Windows XP is set to use Brazilian Portuguese as language).
    Screenshot 4: choosing the image.
  5. When the "Add Album Art" dialog box is displayed, select "Cover (front)" for the "Image type" and make sure you selected "Save image to tag (if possible)". There's no need to write a description for the image. Click "Ok".
    Screenshot 5: setting options for the image.
  6. You should see a screen like the screenshot below. Just make sure that "Apply to all tracks on the album" is checked and click "Ok".
    Screenshot 6: ready to embed the album art into the tracks.
  7. It can take some seconds to embed the album art inside all tracks (it depends on the size of the image). The screenshot below shows one of the tracks already with the album art; notice that there are still 5 tracks to be tagged.
    Screenshot 7: album art embedded.
  8. The screenshot below shows the album art while playing the tracks in Windows Media Player 10.
    Screenshot 8: album art in WMP10.
Please note that I don't use WMP10 or WMP11 to sync tracks to ZV:M. I rather use Zen Vision:M Media Explorer to drag and drop the tracks directly to the player, and it works just fine this way.

Now I'll embed album art in the tags from Amazon.com -- Consign to Oblivion.
  1. Select a track that doesn't have album art.
    Screenshot 1: tracks don't have album art yet.
  2. This time, select all the tracks from the album, right-click and select "Auto-Tag from Amazon".
    Screenshot 2: selecting all tracks and starting the auto tag.
  3. Now the auto tag will lookup the album in Amazon.com and will show information about it in a dialog box. Since I've already tagged all my files, I chose to keep only the album art (all other checkboxes are unchecked). Notice the list below the image: make sure all the tracks are checked.
    Screenshot 3: adjusting the auto tag options for the album.
  4. Click "Auto-Tag". MediaMonkey will download and embed the album art image inside the tracks for you. When it finishes downloading the cover, click "Close".
    Screenshot 4: downloading and embedding album art.
  5. Now all the tracks from "Consign to Oblivion" have album art embedded.
    Screenshot 5: album art is embedded into the tracks.
  6. WMP10 displaying the album art for the album.
    Screenshot 6: displaying album art in WMP10.
For the record, I have Windows XP SP2, and my ZV:M has the latest firmware (1.41.01).
Tryed all of the above,,tryed drag n' drop,,sync with mediamonkey,,,creative explorer,,,WMP11
I can see the album cover in all the programs, but the is noway in hell i can get it into vision:m.
Really need help here, before i use my vision:m as a door stopper

Funny thing, there is 1 album cover i can see, in my vision:m. But that cover i can not see in WMP11.
But i can see another cover in my vision:m through WMP11, but that cover i can'nt see in my vision:m when i disconnect it. Hope it makes sence!!

Last edited by denmyos; 05-18-2007 at 05:48 PM.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:21 PM

you want this thread to be stickied?

Old 05-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denmyos View Post
Tryed all of the above,,tryed drag n' drop,,sync with mediamonkey,,,creative explorer,,,WMP11
I can see the album cover in all the programs, but the is noway in hell i can get it into vision:m.
Really need help here, before i use my vision:m as a door stopper
Hold on a sec... You have WMP11? Have you downloaded and installed the update patch for Media Explorer from Creative's website?

Old 05-20-2007, 08:12 AM

Ok, I unfortunately have iTunes because my brother got an iPod before I got my Zen. All of my music in iTunes has album artwork already with it (I don't think it's embedded). Is it possible to bring all of this album art over to mediamonkey, WMP11, or some other program? I would really like to try to avoid individually attaching all of the album art covers as I have over 500 albums and that would be a major time investment (in iTunes it automatically found all of the covers with one click).

Dan

Old 05-20-2007, 12:27 PM

When I first transferred my files, I didn't even think about album art. But there were a couple of files that had covers already, and I saw this thread and it's pretty cool!

All I did was edit the tags and put the cover into them if it wasn't there. I used Mp3TagTools because it is free and easy. Then I just added the files using the media manager, and selected "replace files" and "perform this action on all duplicate files" and voila! Worked perfectly. I spent the last week or so adding art to the stuff that was already on my player, and now I just have to is add the art when I transfer something new.

Cool!

I always check the tags anyway because I hate having <unknown> in my album list, or different band names--some lower case, some with "the" and some without...

Old 05-22-2007, 12:31 AM

hello there~
could you guys help me to solve the problem on the album art please?

Before I use the WMP11, everything is OK,the album arts showed up, but some of them did not show properly.
So, I wanted to make it better and I have installed the WMP11.
I think it is cool. It has found a lot of album arts for me and I can see them in my computer. But the problem is, it doesn't show in my ZVM.
The album arts those i saw in my ZVM before were all gone~~~
I've read all the replies in this thread but still can't solve the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sannesley View Post

1. Download and install the latest firmware update for the player
Link for firmware update for most current version of player firmware

2. Download and install an update which corrects compatability issues between Window Media Player 11 and ZEN Vision M Series Media Explorer which affects album art.
Link for update for compatbility issues

Now restart Windows and your player and hopefully that should fix your album art problem. You will have to resync the music files from your hard drive to your player for the album art to show once the updates have been installed.
I followed the steps as Sannesley said and resynced the music through WMP11, still no album art shows up!

What should I do?
I don't want to install other softwares to embed the tags to the mp3s.
I want to do it only with the WMP11.

Thanks~

Old 05-24-2007, 06:28 AM

could you guys please help me?
cause it's really urgent!!!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Okay, I know you said you re-synced - but did you clean off your player first? By that, I mean booting it into Recovery Mode, formatting the drive, and running Disk Cleanup. Try that, then re-sync again.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:59 PM

i did the formating and clean-up, but still can't view the album arts....
when i put the songs into my ZVM, it told me that the album arts cannot be viewed and had to be transfered to the "photo"

Old 05-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

*blink*

Something is really not right with your setup, and I can't even begin to diagnose the problem. Your best bet is probably to use an ID3 tagging utility that recognizes album art (such as MP3 Tag Tools) to manually embed all your album art, or use the Advanced Tag Editor within WMP11 (right-click on songs to add art to, select "Advanced Tag Editor", and embed your images from there).

Old 05-26-2007, 12:14 AM

right.
done.
i just read this entire forum... its 6am and im wrecked......
few things....
running WinXP-SP2 w\WMP11 with 12000 mp3s, CZV:M60GB w\ latest firmware and since a few mins ago, the upgrade thing for explorer....
its been hinted that WMP11 doesnt embed the art for all tracks, and the ones we see when browsing WMP are "ALBUM art etc.jpg "
is this right? ive used AV Album art fixer, which eventually fixed loads of flaws in my entire library, but after using "mp3tag" and "mp3tag tools" they are both findin albums with no art, however one will detect some art and the other wont, but both agree that about 90% has been tagged, which is more reliable and simple to use for this purpose??

oh if i delete all my albumart.jpg pics out of my music folder, will WMP only show the embeded ones bcuz thatd help a lot!!

Old 05-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

WMP will always save album art as external hidden .jpg images. It's something I wish they'd get away from, or at least allow us to disable... But WMP11 will also embed images on request, and will work off of that as well.

The down side is that you'd have to right-click every song, choose the advanced tag editor, and embed it there.

You might be better off using MP3 Tag Tools to do the job.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:51 AM

i am not able to see the album art in my ZVM player even after trying all these steps

1> attached the album art by using WMP 10 advanced tag editor and then set it to (i)User Defined, (ii)Cover (front), and then synced the player but none worked.

2> i synced the same files with having those album arts with Creative MediaSource 5, and it didn't work as well!

3> i browsed the files in ZVM using windows explorer, and viewed the songs in "Album" format (then u can see the album arts, if there's any, else u see the default square like blank boxes) but i still couldn't see single art...all were blank. I tried to drag n' drop the album art into the default square like boxes but they didn't take it!

If someone knows how to bring the album art in this player then please help
thanks

Last edited by ambar_bs; 06-07-2007 at 03:14 AM.

Old 06-07-2007, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almoxil View Post
I've picked two of my albums for this step-by-step mini tutorial. I'll embed album art for After Forever's "Decipher" and Epica's "Consign to Oblivion".

First I'll embed album art from a file. In this case, Decipher.
  1. Open MMJB and select an album whose album art haven't been embedded yet.
    Screenshot 1: tracks from Decipher without album art.
  2. Right click one of the tracks from the album (you don't need to select all the tracks. Select "Properties".
    Screenshot 2: selecting the properties for the current track.
  3. Select the tab named "Album Art". Noticed that I've checked "Apply to all tracks on the album" checkbox. Click "Add".
    Screenshot 3: selecting the album art tab.
  4. Now find and select a JPEG file with the front cover art for the album -- in this example, I've selected a 300 x 300 pixel 72 dpi 24-bit JPEG image. Click "Open" (or "Ok", or "Save"; I don't know because my Windows XP is set to use Brazilian Portuguese as language).
    Screenshot 4: choosing the image.
  5. When the "Add Album Art" dialog box is displayed, select "Cover (front)" for the "Image type" and make sure you selected "Save image to tag (if possible)". There's no need to write a description for the image. Click "Ok".
    Screenshot 5: setting options for the image.
  6. You should see a screen like the screenshot below. Just make sure that "Apply to all tracks on the album" is checked and click "Ok".
    Screenshot 6: ready to embed the album art into the tracks.
  7. It can take some seconds to embed the album art inside all tracks (it depends on the size of the image). The screenshot below shows one of the tracks already with the album art; notice that there are still 5 tracks to be tagged.
    Screenshot 7: album art embedded.
  8. The screenshot below shows the album art while playing the tracks in Windows Media Player 10.
    Screenshot 8: album art in WMP10.
Please note that I don't use WMP10 or WMP11 to sync tracks to ZV:M. I rather use Zen Vision:M Media Explorer to drag and drop the tracks directly to the player, and it works just fine this way.

Now I'll embed album art in the tags from Amazon.com -- Consign to Oblivion.
  1. Select a track that doesn't have album art.
    Screenshot 1: tracks don't have album art yet.
  2. This time, select all the tracks from the album, right-click and select "Auto-Tag from Amazon".
    Screenshot 2: selecting all tracks and starting the auto tag.
  3. Now the auto tag will lookup the album in Amazon.com and will show information about it in a dialog box. Since I've already tagged all my files, I chose to keep only the album art (all other checkboxes are unchecked). Notice the list below the image: make sure all the tracks are checked.
    Screenshot 3: adjusting the auto tag options for the album.
  4. Click "Auto-Tag". MediaMonkey will download and embed the album art image inside the tracks for you. When it finishes downloading the cover, click "Close".
    Screenshot 4: downloading and embedding album art.
  5. Now all the tracks from "Consign to Oblivion" have album art embedded.
    Screenshot 5: album art is embedded into the tracks.
  6. WMP10 displaying the album art for the album.
    Screenshot 6: displaying album art in WMP10.
For the record, I have Windows XP SP2, and my ZV:M has the latest firmware (1.41.01).
i have followed your given steps and added an album art to a particular track(mp3). the album art was shown on both WMP10 and MM but after i put that file in my ZMV player using Zen Vision:M Media Explorer it was not shown in the player !

can someone tell me that what am i doing wrong !?!

Last edited by ambar_bs; 06-07-2007 at 06:11 AM.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Try installing WMP11, then update Media Explorer with the update patch available on Creative's site.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambar_bs View Post
i am not able to see the album art in my ZVM player even after trying all these steps

1> attached the album art by using WMP 10 advanced tag editor and then set it to (i)User Defined, (ii)Cover (front), and then synced the player but none worked.

2> i synced the same files with having those album arts with Creative MediaSource 5, and it didn't work as well!

3> i browsed the files in ZVM using windows explorer, and viewed the songs in "Album" format (then u can see the album arts, if there's any, else u see the default square like blank boxes) but i still couldn't see single art...all were blank. I tried to drag n' drop the album art into the default square like boxes but they didn't take it!

If someone knows how to bring the album art in this player then please help
thanks
I'm reposting this because it works and doesn't limit you to any particular music library software:

Here is the sure-fire way to ensure that album art appears on your ZVM. And it doesn't require using any particular tool to sync/transfer your files.
  • Use MP3Tag and ensure that all ID3 tags are consistent. (ie. artist names are consistent, album names, etc.)
  • Delete junked tags (ie. sometimes the songlen tag can become corrupted and prevent the file from appearing in the media library)
  • Ensure all album art is exactly 200x200 pixel jpeg files.
  • Embed the album art as a tag. (ensure that only one image is embedded)
  • Use "add folder" in WMP 10 Library to catalog library.
  • Use Album Art Fixer to ensure that albums are properly cataloged. (it will also help generate folder.jpg album art for each album)

Depending upon how you compiled your library (ripping CDs, P2P, friends, etc.) it may be trivial to do, or (as in my situation) a real chore. But once done it will be done. And then you can use any of your favorite tools to sync/transfer (MediaMonkey, WMP, ZVM Media Explorer, etc)

My music library now correctly appears on my WMCE laptop, Xbox 360 (as an MCE extender), Creative Zen Vision:M, and My Dream'eo Enza Portable Media Center.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well... I just had my own album art issue. I had reinstalled Vista a while ago (my beta-test version had expired, so I had to break down and buy an off-the-shelf copy -- Thank God for OEM licenses ), and decided to re-establish my ZVM's sync relationship with WMP. So I formatted the player, ran Disk Cleanup, and set about to resync. When I got done, I noticed to my dismay that I had no album art whatsoever! All the .alb files on my player were blank!

So this is what I ended up having to do in order to fix my issue, and this may help some of you with persistent album art issues like the one I had: I rebooted back into Recovery Mode. I reformatted the disk, ran disk cleanup, and reloaded the firmware (it's important to do this from Recovery Mode). I now had a player with nothing but factory-default settings. I set my settings again and resynced with WMP11. I now have all my album art again!

Hope this experience helps some of you.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:30 AM

I had been having zero luck getting embedded album art to appear on my ZVM after synchronizing with WMP11 (Win XP). I gave up a long time ago...

...but then, the other day, it just magically started working perfectly! Interestingly, that exact same day, my computer finally figured out how to stream media to my XBox 360. I'm assuming that Microsoft issued a Windows Update that made a few changes to WMP11 -- anybody that's been having trouble with album art and WMP11 should try again and see what happens. Yours might be fixed, too.

One thing though... I had to fool WMP into resynchronizing everything in order to get the album art to transfer. I could have reformatted, I suppose. But instead, I changed the star rating of one track in each album in my collection. That did the trick.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
Try installing WMP11, then update Media Explorer with the update patch available on Creative's site.
Today i have installed the wmp11 and then patched it from Creative's site(after downloading the patch) and it's working!
Though it's not working for all the albums.At 1st i thought that maybe its because of the dimensions the album art isn't viewable in the player for some albums.Then i put the same jpeg file(150 x 150, which is already viewable for an album) for the other album and it still didn't work !!!! i don't know why!
but, thanks, at least its working for some albums..better than nothing !