android
Old 08-01-2008, 08:59 PM

hi,

i've had my ZVM for several months, and i've tried everything, but i cannot get the album art to show up on my player. i edited all the tags in WMP11, used creative tag cleaner, sync using the old fshion copy and paste method, creative media source, creative sync manager, WMP and windows sync manager, can anyone help me?

thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-22-2008, 01:13 PM

hey,

i have WMP 11, buy i cant update indormation in music on my zen, i can see my list only in syncrone Mode, and not library, and not exist "update Album Details" as libarary options on my HDD Mp3's

if someone can help me...

tnx

Old 08-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

kuukie muggle: Hello and welcome. What version of ID3 tags are you using? What did you use to originally tag them?

izbr1234: Keep in mind you will not be able to edit the tags directly on the ZVM using WMP11. You have to update the tags of the files in your library (computer) and then sync for the changes to be implemented.

Zen FAQ

Old 08-27-2008, 01:30 PM

OK tnx i already understand this...

Old 08-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
OK tnx i already understand this...
Ok, good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 10-06-2008, 10:20 AM

I am using WMP 11 and have never had a problem with cd art until all of a sudden today it isn't working right. I copy and paste cd art into WMP 11 but when I sync to the player the songs go but not the cd art.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Saw this on Creative's site the other day....

Quote:
If you experience any difficulty transferring Album Art with Windows Media Player 10 or 11, to ZEN Vision:M, delete WMPInfo.xml (see below), and then transfer the tracks again.

Note: The file WMPInfo.xml is a hidden file. If it does not show up in the root directory of your player, open My Computer, on the Tools menu, click Folder Options. On the View tab, in the Advanced Settings list, double-click the Hidden files and folders category to expand it, and then click Show hidden files and folders.
  1. Connect your player to a PC.
  2. Double click on the My Computer icon in the desktop to open Windows Explorer.
  3. Double click on your player, for example, ZEN Vision (or ZEN Vision Media Explorer).
  4. Right click on the WMPInfo.xml, and select Delete.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-06-2008, 07:05 PM

hmm, that's interesting. That file seems to represent the relationship ID between WMP and the MP3 player.

Deleting that file and then replugging in your player would just initiate a new relationship. Wonder how that affects the album art problems?

Old 10-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The WMPInfo.xml is the file created by WMP on the device that contains the partnership information needed for proper syncing of metadata, like album art, to the ZVM. Deleting this hidden WMPInfo.xml file will delete the current partnership in place between the two and allow for a new partnership to be created on the next sync, possibly correcting any issue causing album art to not transfer correctly.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-11-2008, 06:01 PM

hmmm....make absolute sense. I'd like to hear if this works or not...

Old 10-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Me too. I'm sure we will sometime soon.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-25-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCFK View Post
I can't even figure out how to activate album art, can anyone guide me through the process please? Thanks.

EDIT:
Nevermind, a friend walked me through it. Creative needs to step up their inbox documentation.
Can YOU walk ME through it? I used to have album art show up (embedded in the MP3 metadata) but it just won't show up, whatever I do.

Annoying as fuck.

So ANYONE.... how can I get the freaking AA to show up plz?

V.

Old 10-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Verbal, there is 18 pages of discussion of how to get Album Art to load and display correctly on the ZVM with plenty of tricks to try. Have you looked at or tried any of them?

Zen FAQ

Old 11-03-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Verbal, there is 18 pages of discussion of how to get Album Art to load and display correctly on the ZVM with plenty of tricks to try. Have you looked at or tried any of them?
Iíve read through most all of it and even did a search but canít seem to find what I am looking for.

<O</O
I have had my ZVM for over a year and would like to know how to adjust the album art display size.

<O</O
I originally loaded it up using Creative Media Explorer, but it didnít load any album art. Now I am in the process or reloading it (had to send it back for warrantee fix) and using Windows Media Player 11.

<O</O
After syncing the album art displays, but it is very small and to the left of the text on the ZVM.
<O</O

Is there an easy way to make the album art larger so it fills more of the ZVM screen?
<O</O

Thanks,

Last edited by Koz54; 11-03-2008 at 08:26 AM. Reason: format fix

Old 11-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome Koz54. The best way is probably just download the size of album art you want using your tagging software like MP3Tag or within WMP. That way it will still look good.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-06-2008, 10:31 AM

Thank you, but I still must be doing something wrong.

I tried saving an image (jpg) of an album cover at 300 x 300 pixels.
<O</O
I originally did it using WMP and reloaded it. It still comes up a small image (40x40 about) on the Zen.
<O</O
I then tried tagging it using MP3Tag (thanks for that suggestion, looks like a good program I will play with more later) and deleted, then reloaded it to the Zen using WMP and I still get only the small image to the left of the text.
<O</O
The MP3Tag editor says it is 300 x 300 and looks good on that program, but still tiny on the Zen?

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
<O</O

Last edited by Koz54; 11-06-2008 at 11:14 AM.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Perhaps there is an existing .jpg file on te ZVM that is being read instead of the AA embedded in the tag. It may be best to remove the associated .jpg file (and maybe even the audio file too) on the ZVM and then re-sync with the one with the correctly embedded AA. See here and here.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-11-2008, 09:08 AM

When I use Creative Media Explorer on Vista everything is OK. The album art displays correctly on my ZV:M (added with mp3tag software). But when I try to copy music without using CME the cd covers won't show up (when Zen appears in my computer as a removable hard drive). Any ideas?

Last edited by Jamjumetley; 11-11-2008 at 09:13 AM.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome Jamjummetley. Take a look at this post and this post.

If your ZVM is showing up as a removable disk, check to make sure the removable disk partition is disabled.

Extra -> Removable Disk

Zen FAQ

Old 11-15-2008, 05:18 AM

So I can't do anything about it... I'll have to stick to Creative Media Explorer Thanks anyway.