android
Old 11-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

No, you can always use a sync manager like WMP, Mediamonkey, Winamp...

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-09-2008, 10:49 PM

Default Just bought a creative ZVM!

So I decided to pull the trigger on the refurbished ZVM that was on sale for $99.99 on the creative website not too long ago and I got to say that so far I am very pleased. I had been eyeing this player for a long time but never acted on it since I've had such bad luck with players before, I decided to wait until I came across a good deal. It's got a ton of features and the sound and picture quality are superb. Only thing I dont like is the proprietary docking device for the USB connection but this is relatively speaking not that significant. My question for you experienced users is how do I get the album art to display when I play music?

Thanx

Old 12-10-2008, 03:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Maybe this will help http://support.creative.com/kb/showa....aspx?sid=8179

Old 12-10-2008, 09:24 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome almargon. Congrats on the new (refurb) ZVM.

Merged with main album art thread. You may what to check it out.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-16-2008, 07:03 PM

Well, well, well, everybody that have a Creative Zen has contribuited to this thread.
I had all the errors-bugs-issues-problems that you mentioned. First WMP10, after, WMP11, both running on Windows XP SP3, and the last firmware of Zen Vision:M (30GB). Let me tell you what work for me:

* Album art: I Have WMP10, and Creative Media Explorer, I have success transferring album arts to Zen Vision:M (30GB) via CME (here the procedure in Creative's knowledgebase solutions http://support.creative.com/kb/showa....aspx?sid=8179). But you have to patch CME with ZNVM_PCPatch_LA.exe, and you can find it at: http://support.creative.com/download...ype=-1#type_-1, after you have installed the patch, reboot. Of course, be sure you have the last firmware running on your Zen Vision:M (30GB) that's 1.61.02. The patch works if you have WMP10 or WMP11. Recently I Installed WMP11 and it seems to have that problem with album art, but the patch fix it.

* WMP11 not recognize Zen Vision:M and can't syncronize even in the system is recognized and you can explore it (known issue of WMP11). Solution: download and install windowsmedia11-kb933547-x86-intl.exe, you can read it in Creative's knowledgebase solutions too http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowA...aspx?sid=10053, the link to the files are there.
So... after install it, reboot, and the Zen Player will be recognize in WMP11.

I hope this can be used for Creative Zen Funs!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome pergamin. Thanks for the post. I'm sure the information will be helpful to others. Enjoy!

Zen FAQ

Old 01-17-2009, 02:25 PM

Default Mediamonkey - does not add all album art into Zen..

Hi, everyone.

I recently replaced my hard drive in my Zen Vision M. I was able to sync all of my music back into the new hard drive using Mediamonkey. There is about 1700+ tracks and most of the album art worked into the old drive. Now about 10% of the library has the album art on the Zen. I tried upgrading to MM 3.07. I've read about mp3tag. I'm a bit confused....

Last edited by raventh3d; 01-17-2009 at 02:31 PM.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Was all of the album art embedded in the ID3 tags? Were they all tagged with Mediamonkey?

Zen FAQ

Old 01-18-2009, 12:40 PM

Yes, most of it was tagged w/ MM. I check the track properties and the art is there.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:20 PM

is the album art tagged as the front cover?

Old 01-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If you view the tag information in another program other MM (like MP3Tag), do you see the album art? I would also make sure that the tags are ID3v2.3 UTF-16 as well.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-19-2009, 04:19 PM

1. Yes, I see the album art in mp3tag

2. I have checked my tags w/ mp3tag and found numerous id3 formats:

ID3v2.3 (IDEv1 Lyrics ID3v2.3 APEv2)
ID3v2.3 (ID3v1 ID3v2.3)
ID3v2.3 (ID3v1 ID3v2.3 APEv2) - a huge % of my files use this tag format, FYI
ID3v2.2 (ID3v2.2)
ID3v1 (ID3v1 APEv2)

Hmm....maybe this is it.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I would make sure to at least change the ID3v1 tags to v2.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-30-2009, 01:27 PM

Hello.

I've had my ZVM for 2 years now. No problems whatsoever. I just recently added an album to the player and was going through the normal procedure of dragging and dropping the art in media explorer. The art would not drop into the gray box as normal. Upon further investigation, when I brought up any album that did have art in media explorer, it did not display in media explorer, but it displays on the player fine. So, essentially, it seems the album art work is entirely disabled in media explorer, can't add new art, and can't display any existing art. Just recently updated to WMP 11. Have no idea what's happening. I do not use WMP to sync at all. Always use media explorer.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Since you've updated to WMP11, you want to make sure you have the Media Explorer update: ZNVM_PCPatch_LA.exe

Quote:
This update resolves compatibility issues between Creative Media Explorer or Creative MediaSource™ Player/Organizer, and Windows Media® Player 11 (WMP11).

This update may not fully support pre-release versions of WMP11.
Fixes:
  • Transfers album art correctly to your player.
Download from here.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 PM

Thanks. The patch was installed. Adding artwork via WMP 11 does work, however I still have the same issue with CME. I cannot drag and drop art into the blank album icon, and the weird thing is, like I said, albums that already have existing art, the art does not show in album view anymore. The player displays the art, but it's as if any and all art functionality via CME is disabled.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Ultra Senior Member

For some unknown reason, Microsoft decided to remove the Album View with WMP11. Since CME is integrated into the Explorer shell, having WMP11 installed removes this view. See here and here.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-22-2009, 09:56 PM

Far as I can tell (not really paying much attention as I have that crappy bug going around) noone has really said how to view Alb art on the ZVM.

Yes,I know, Newby award of the day goes to:
MEEE!!!

sorry. back on topic. question is, HOW?!?!? I really want pics displayed on songs. i have the id3 covers set, how do i tell my player to display em?

thanks,
~~--Bladebaka

Old 02-24-2009, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladebaka View Post
Far as I can tell (not really paying much attention as I have that crappy bug going around) noone has really said how to view Alb art on the ZVM.

Yes,I know, Newby award of the day goes to:
MEEE!!!

sorry. back on topic. question is, HOW?!?!? I really want pics displayed on songs. i have the id3 covers set, how do i tell my player to display em?

thanks,
~~--Bladebaka
It's really easy dude. Go into an artist folder, and press the options button, and select Switch View.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:08 AM

Unhappy Really bummed out...

I'm having massive album art issues. It's really bumming me out.

Everything was working fine on my ZVM for ages, but when I installed a Microsoft webcam my computer suddenly didn't recognise the Zen.

Long story short: Attempting to fix this, I updated from WMP10 to WMP11 and the computer recognises the Zen, and I can copy my music to the Zen like I used to (with Creative Media Explorer), but album artwork doesn't show up on the Zen UNLESS I use Winamp to transfer the music.

I want to go back to using Creative Media Explorer because I don't like how Winamp dumps the music in the root Music folder on the Zen. I'm pretty anal and organised, and I have sub folders in the Music folder for each genre, and I want to put my music in those. So far it seems only Creative Media Explorer lets me do that.

I haven't tried transferring my music with WMP11 for two reasons; I hate it and the annoying album artwork files it makes and hides from me, and the sync option seems like the only way to copy my stuff across which is not something I want to do. I also have MediaMonkey, but I can't get my head around it. I use MM for ripping CDs though. All my music has artwork embedded in the ID3 tags.

I've got the latest firmware for the ZVM 60GB (1.21.02) and I have installed the patch for Creative Media Explorer.

Can anyone help me?