android
Old 11-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If you never install the Creative software, then everything might work silky-smooth for you. Otherwise, just check out the Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2 thread in this forum.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-19-2006, 10:56 AM

Angry weird

Hey,
me again
I have a problem with Album Art. Some of them stopped working(zvm doesnt show the image) I dont know why. Those pictures worked before...and now they dont. When i go to folder on my PC, THEY ARE THERE! I replaced them anyway, but no possitve result. Im still having the same problem.

Any ideas whats wrong with it?

FYI i dont have any problems with adding the new ones...

Old 11-19-2006, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick
If you never install the Creative software, then everything might work silky-smooth for you. Otherwise, just check out the Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2 thread in this forum.
Yeah. Well, my ZVM wasn't even recognized by XP. So, following everybody's tips, I uninstalled WMP11, installed WMP 10, and all of a sudden everything's working again. The Album Art feature in WMP 10 seems to actually put the images into the tag, while 11 just puts them in the folder. I'm retagging, and everything seems to be going very well.
Black 60GB Creative Vision M (Cracked Screen)
20gb Iaudio X5L (Unable to Transfer Files to/from)

Old 11-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou138
Hey,
me again
I have a problem with Album Art. Some of them stopped working(zvm doesnt show the image) I dont know why. Those pictures worked before...and now they dont. When i go to folder on my PC, THEY ARE THERE! I replaced them anyway, but no possitve result. Im still having the same problem.

Any ideas whats wrong with it?

FYI i dont have any problems with adding the new ones...
Did you update to firmware 1.60.01? If so this is an issue with it, it breaks some album art, if you downgrade it will all come back.

Old 11-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

there's no way to fix it?

Old 11-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence
there's no way to fix it?
You can retag and retransfer the files, you'd have to experiment til you find out what the problem was that made them not show up first.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

are there any differences between the ones that show up and the ones that don't?

Old 11-19-2006, 02:50 PM

Need help with the Album Art as well.

I just got my ZVM a couple days ago, before that I had a Zen Micro which didn't have album art. When i first put music onto my ZVM, i was playing around with the Album Art and now have a similar problem to the 1st poster in this thread: the album art for 1 cd appears as the Album art for more than half of all albums on my ZVM.

I came across this forum and tried many of the suggestions in this thread with no luck. In WMP11, the correct album art is displayed for most cds but on the ZVM it still basically only shows the 1 album as the album art for almost every cd. Any ideas of what to do?

Old 11-19-2006, 03:36 PM

Quote:
are there any differences between the ones that show up and the ones that don't?
Hm i guess not. I took a proper look and saw no difference.One of about 10 albums which were affected by the firmware is working now.
Well, now during my writing, I realised I transfered there one song into affected album lol....so this might be it. Try to delete and than transfer back one song and it might help. Im gonna try it out now...let you know the result

-------------------------------
So, its not about deleting and retransfering one song...
I deleted the whole album and then loaded again. Now it works !
So if anybody find out faste way to correct those afftected Album Arts, let me know !

Old 11-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

thats not making sense because earlier you said you added 1 new song and the album art was working for the affected album.

now you're saying you have to delete the whole album and then add it back.

how about finding an album thats not showing album art and you haven't added all the songs for it, then add a new song to the album.

-----------------------------------------------------

maybe its the format of the albums?

i heard somebody say albums which have the same length and width (ie 100x100) show up while others dont. is that true?

"oh, regarding lost album art. i dont understand why, but now only album arts which are same length x height (100x100) will work. While the others which have different height and length cant display. weird"

"yup. i have a feeling its either the format or dimensions. as in square. doesnt mean 100x100. cos 1 of the album which didnt show up was 180x182 jpg. i converted it to 180x180 and it worked. weird."

somebody else upgraded from 1.41.01 to 1.60.01 and had no problems at all. try going from 1.41.01 to 1.60.01 and see if the problems are still there.

another thing im thinking is people with album art problems use wmp11. dry rolling back to 10 and see what happens. then go back to 11 if its not fixed and see if anything changed.

does the fact that you if you have 1.50.02 you must retransfer drm enabled tracks before going to 1.60.01 have anything to do with this?

i'm sorta thinking that the answer lies in switching back to 1.4x before going to 1.60.01.

Old 11-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't use WMP11 and some of the album art that still showed up with 1.60.01 was definitely not completely square, so neither of those are the problem.

Old 11-20-2006, 07:58 AM

Quote:
thats not making sense because earlier you said you added 1 new song and the album art was working for the affected album.

now you're saying you have to delete the whole album and then add it back.
I know, i have no idea how i managed it. It might be in adding one new song to the album...but this is pretty dumb, if you already have album, where you dont want to add anything...

BTW: I made my first upgrade of firmware with newest version a few days ago.Till that time i had the original firmware version, which comes with the player.

Old 11-20-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott000
Need help with the Album Art as well.

I just got my ZVM a couple days ago, before that I had a Zen Micro which didn't have album art. When i first put music onto my ZVM, i was playing around with the Album Art and now have a similar problem to the 1st poster in this thread: the album art for 1 cd appears as the Album art for more than half of all albums on my ZVM.

I came across this forum and tried many of the suggestions in this thread with no luck. In WMP11, the correct album art is displayed for most cds but on the ZVM it still basically only shows the 1 album as the album art for almost every cd. Any ideas of what to do?

Can someone please help us...
I am also having the same problem and have tried everything to fix it.
I have removed all album art (ID3 Tags) from my songs, but for some reason, 1 (very enoying) album art pic shows up for all of my songs.
I even deleated all of my music and pictures from my ZVM. When I re-transfer my songs the album art is still there.
Is there some setting to hide album art all together because I'm starting to get mad. Or if it comes down to it, how would I reset my player to get rid of this problem?

Old 11-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

ok i just bought a zvm today and ill see if the same problems happen to this one cause its never been updated or anything until this one.

Old 11-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtAsY I
Can someone please help us...
I am also having the same problem and have tried everything to fix it.
I have removed all album art (ID3 Tags) from my songs, but for some reason, 1 (very enoying) album art pic shows up for all of my songs.
I even deleated all of my music and pictures from my ZVM. When I re-transfer my songs the album art is still there.
Is there some setting to hide album art all together because I'm starting to get mad. Or if it comes down to it, how would I reset my player to get rid of this problem?
It's just a guess, but if you used WMP to sync your music to the player, maybe the album art was stored in folders under Pictures. If that's the case, deleting the album art folders can solve the problem. Let me know if that helps...

Old 11-21-2006, 01:49 PM

No... I dont even use WMP to sync with my zen...
And I had already deleted the pictures I placed on it. But thanks anyways!

Old 11-21-2006, 04:29 PM

Yes... I finally figured out why one album art was being applied to all of my music. (to Scott000 and any one else who has encountered this problem)
> Go to the folder where you keep your music
> Right click on this folder
> Click on the Customize tab
> If your folder picture has a picture (ie; the album art that keeps showing up for all your songs) then restore it to default

For me it was not that easy. The folder image that I had was corrupted and would not let me change it. So I wound up copying all of my music to a different folder (music2) and then deleted the original one. Hope this helps!

Old 11-21-2006, 06:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

do we have to have the music tagged with the album art before its put on the zen? and what kind of tags do we use? Id3?

Old 11-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
do we have to have the music tagged with the album art before its put on the zen? and what kind of tags do we use? Id3?
Yes, once you load your tunes to the Zen Vision:M and disconnect it from the USB, it will create a database using the ID3 tags for Genre, Artist, Album, Track number and Track title from your MP3 files. It's like an index.

After that, you'll be able to browse your collection by any of those criteria, and the information in the tags will be displayed when the tracks play.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:49 PM

huh can i suggest contacting creative? last time there was a bug for the drm thing a lot of people contacted and they fixed it adding some featrues. maybe if we all contact them complaining they might fix it like they did with the drm prob