android
Old 11-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

lets make a petition!

edit!!

I decided to remove all music files from my zen and re-tag all the album art then put them back on. everything works fine now . album art shows.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-26-2006, 03:47 PM

Has someone noticed that, even if the files were tagged Media Monkey, they also have to be transferred with Media Monkey to have Album Art showing? Tagging with Media Monkey and then transfering with the Zen Media Explorer gave me tracks with no Album Art. Re-downloading with Media Monkey fixed that (although I ended up with two sets of tracks from the same album but that's easily fixable).

Old 11-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

no, not true. i tag all my files with media monkey and transfer with either drag and drop, or zen sync manager and the album art shows.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:12 PM

Well, obviously, that was true for me. Maybe there's some kind of setting that comes into play?

Old 11-27-2006, 09:53 PM

Posted this in another thread which was locked so Ill copy and paste it again....

Before the new guy gets flamed I will say i read thru the album art help thread but it did me no justice. I own a Creative Zen Vision M which I love but the only problem I have is not being able to see album art at all. When viewing my albums I switch the view but each folder gives me the icons with the disc and music notes.

In each folder I have a jpg file of the album cover, I assume it doesnt show this way. As for software I use when trachsferring the albums, I dont use any. I simply copy and paste my music folders from my C drive to my Zen drive to the desired folder.

I was browsing the wallpaper thread and seen someone has successfully made it so their album art display's like this:

Can anyone guide me step by step thru the process to display my album art whether its using software or manually doing it VIA the Zen itself. (although I have tried to no avail)

I would much rather do so w/o having to delete all the albums and reloading them but if that is what is needed so be it.

Thank You

Old 11-28-2006, 12:29 AM

NM, in the other thread someone said wipe out the Zen and use Media Monkey. Working fine Thanks.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:29 AM

I have an odd little problem. Sorry if it was mentioned before.

I have one album by a band where the art just doesn't want to show up. I used MediaMonkey to tag the files with said art. I deleted the files from my player, and reloaded new art three different times, and each time, the art doesn't show up. Every other album, out of hundreds, has shown up fine, so what gives with this one?

Any suggestiones, or can someone point me to a post in this thread that may answer this issue?

Old 12-01-2006, 11:43 AM

How did you sync your music? You said you tagged it with MediaMonkey. Is this how you synced it as well? If so, it should work. But I've had problems syncing w/ WMP and the Creative software if I added in information via MediaMonkey. In addition, did you make sure that you clicked the "embed in tags" (or something like that) button when you added the images?

Personally, I think that if you want to use Album Art, you should just wipe your player and sync with MediaMonkey. That's what I finally did, and it works fine now. Except for the annoying fact that MediaMonkey can't just update tags like WMP can. It has to erase the files and load them again. Bit of a time waster when you've spent 6 hours tagging your 50GB music collection. But, hey, if it works....
Black 60GB Creative Vision M (Cracked Screen)
20gb Iaudio X5L (Unable to Transfer Files to/from)

Old 12-01-2006, 02:14 PM

I synched it using the Creative software. I havn't tried using MediaMonkey to load my music on my player yet (I am still getting familiar with the software). So far, everything I else I have tagged using MediaMonkey, and then synched with the Creative software, has worked fine.

I did choose to embed the art in my tags, so I'll try to synch the tracks using MediaMonkey, and see what heppens. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: Welp, I tried to synch them with MediaMonkey, and the art still doesn't show up. I even deleted the art from the files again, and tried a new source, but still no luck. I must say though, that is pretty neat that MediaMonkey will synch with the ZVM. It's going to make things so much easier now.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen>_____
NM, in the other thread someone said wipe out the Zen and use Media Monkey. Working fine Thanks.
no problem.

try selecting the music files on media monkey on your computer hard drive, pressing ctrl+L, then searching for the album and artist and choose the right album and click update, then sync?

Old 12-11-2006, 08:32 PM

I've read pretty much each page but...

I have a few hundred albums on my ZVM. Some have art, most don't.

Is there some way of updating every album already on my ZVM with relevant artwork? I know the slow way of pasting artwork but is there a mass-do way of getting this large task completed?

I use Creative's rip tool supplied with the ZVM but have WMP11 installed (not synced - none of my ZVM files are synced with my PC). I rip directly to my ZVM in all instances to save PC HDD space.

I downloaded Media Monkey but not having much fun there either

Have I missed something within this thread?

Thanks,

Tim

Old 12-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

What an - interesting name...

Okay, anyway -- You might want to reconsider not storing a mirror of your player on your computer's hard drive. If space really is at a premium, then back them up to a couple of DVD+RW's instead. The reason I say this is that, if something happens to your player's hard drive, you'll lose everything.

Now - as long as you've updated to the latest ZVM firmware and installed the latest version of Media Explorer on your computer, you should use WMP11 to download and sync all your missing album art. It's the easiest way to do it.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:52 PM

Exclamation Not sure about WMP11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
(...) Now - as long as you've updated to the latest ZVM firmware and installed the latest version of Media Explorer on your computer, you should use WMP11 to download and sync all your missing album art. It's the easiest way to do it.
Although my expertise level is far from ZenChick's, I would not recommend WMP11. It drove me crazy the few times I used it by synchronizing everything multimedia I had on my computer without prompt and I don't think it handled any Album Art. I've had much better success with Media Monkey.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:32 AM

Default Noob Needs Help

[QUOTE=ZenChick;9307]Okay, if you're concerned that the information in your ID3 tags might be correct or missing, you should run Creative's Auto Tag Cleaner (START --> All Programs --> Creative --> Creative Media Toolbox) across your entire library. It will analyze your songs and lookup the correct tags for them.

Problem is for me is my menu goes (START ---> All programs ---> Creative ---> but no Creative Media Toolbox) Album art is on my WMP11 but doesnt seem to sync up to M. What am I doin wrong

Thanx in advance and I might of even posted this thing twice. If I did sorry

Old 12-19-2006, 12:18 PM

Hi there, first timer here.

I have been following and reading every post of this thread for some months now and I still need some help.

I had a 30gb ZVM and I had the same problems as most people with greatest hits albums, singles, etc... Probably because I didn't embed the art into the tag. I often ripped with WMP10 (I still have 10 because my windows isn't.... genuine...). I usually just copied and pasted the files with windows and didn't use WMP or the creative software.

Anyways, to make a long story short, I returned the 30gb and just got the 60gb version.

Now I can't see ANY album art. I tried loading up some older songs that may or may not have displayed art on my 30gb ZVM. I tried embedding art with Mp3Tag. I tried embedding art with Mp3TagTools. The embedding of the art seemed to work since I tried playing the files in WMP after and it showed it. Yet my ZVM shows nothing for EVERY SINGLE FILE.

Now... I have not yet installed any of the creative software. I have removed all creative software since owning my 30gb ZVM. I just plugged in my 60gb ZVM and went to the creative website and installed the newest firmare for it. That is all I have done. No media source or media explorer. Haven't even opened the disc that came with it. I've read through this forum that the media explorer from creative messes with the tags or something, or at least that's what I thought. And since I only copy and paste in windows, and I don't use the creative stuff to rip, I figured I didn't need to install it since Windows was seeing my device perfectly fine.

What do I do???

Also, do I need to install the creative stuff for video transfer? I tried a few files and it worked well, but aren't there some formats that the software converts for you or does the ZVM convert it by itself?

Old 12-19-2006, 05:08 PM

Nothing....???

I apologize for being impatient, but I'm going away in a couple days and am desperate to get this working...

Old 12-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have never had much luck taming WMP10, and - up until WMP11 came out, I used Creative's Media Explorer exclusively, and never had any issues with album art.

I suggest installing Creative Explorer and using that. Note that if you've been using WMP10, you'll have to back up all the files on your player to your computer, then - using the ZVM's Recovery Mode, perform a Disk Cleanup, then Format Drive. This will wipe out your user settings, user content, and any traces of whatever that WMP left behind, giving you a fresh start. It will leave your current firmware intact.

As long as all your album art is properly embedded into your songs' ID3v2 tags, then Media Explorer should be able to pick them up and make them work in your player.

Sometimes obtaining something like Windows for free just isn't worth all the hassle that comes along with it - and is the primary reason WGA exists -- and why Windows Vista is going to be a royal pain in the ass for people who like to do frequent computer upgrades!

Old 12-20-2006, 01:35 AM

But the thing is I never used WMP10 to transfer stuff over. I only listed WMP10 because I may have used it to rip only a few albums along time ago, but even those have since been embedded with a mp3tag or mp3tagtools.

And with my old 30gb, I at least got a bunch of album covers. It wasn't perfect but now I get literally ZERO.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:52 PM

From what I've been reading on Extremetech and THG, WGA should work better on Vista, and they're working authorization to be friendlier to upgrades. Upgrading shouldn't invalidate installs unless you move to an entirely new system...or change a bunch of hardware all at once. Even then, they're still going to allow reauthorization as long as you have a non-pirated key.

Ultimate edition will support a better hardware profiling system that lets you move a system to completely different hardware and keep your drivers all stored and registered to that profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
Sometimes obtaining something like Windows for free just isn't worth all the hassle that comes along with it - and is the primary reason WGA exists -- and why Windows Vista is going to be a royal pain in the ass for people who like to do frequent computer upgrades!

Old 12-24-2006, 03:46 PM

Hi i was wondering how you are supposed to put album art on to the Zen Vision M with the Media Explorer, not Windows Media Player. Is there a certain way to name the files? Or a certain folder to put them into. Thanks.