android
Old 12-25-2006, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyeti View Post
Hi i was wondering how you are supposed to put album art on to the Zen Vision M with the Media Explorer, not Windows Media Player. Is there a certain way to name the files? Or a certain folder to put them into. Thanks.
I suggest you download media monkey and let it tag your albums for you. You will have to delete any album that you want art for off of your Zen. When using media money import he album folders and auto tag them using amazon.com via media monkey. Most of my albums work but I have about 6 out of 120 or so that wont show no matter what.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/download.htm

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-26-2006, 06:47 PM

Album art is a serious problem with this MP3, it has actually taken me hours to get a handful of albums on the ZEN V PLUS because either unwanted album art appears and I can't delete it or album art even attaches itself to completely different artists.

At the moment I'm going through this process of rip music which removes all the tags as this is the only one which also removes the album art and having to type all the tags back in one by one which is incredibly frustrating.

Some suggestions of removing the album art were these tag editor programs and I downloaded 'MP3 Tag Tools v1.2' which worked originally for albums already from my computer than I had previously coverted from iTunes into mp3 but when it came to importing albums I had ripped from CD the program simply wouldn't import the songs from the imported album and therefore couldn't edit the tags.

I went on to try right clicking the album folder and restoring the folder picture to default but I press it and nothing happens. Nothing seems to be going right and it seems rediculously awkward just to remove album art - which I firstly want to remove because who exactly wants it when you get a picture that small and can barely work out what album it is anyway as well as making it difficult to read the track information when you have it on.

Sorry for moaning but why can't there be a 'remove album art' function to solve all these peoples problems. Will there be an update because I really don't want to waste hours more of my time doing this (I seriously have uploaded 22 albums - 250 songs in about 7 hours!!!) and when abouts will this update come.

Also any other ideas would be helpful.

Old 12-26-2006, 06:56 PM

i synced my stuff for the first time last night using media monkey. everything went ok. album art shows up, all is well. i've been updating my tags through amazon/media monkey and embedding the album art into the file itself, which always seems to have been possible. so far, no missing album art.

honestly, i am scared to use windows media player 11. i just don't trust it for some reason. media monkey is working great so far. however, i should note i've only synced once and i had all my stuff "cleaned up" before doing my first sync.

i'm a little scared to sync again.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later." - Mitch Hedberg
(o\_vw_/o) - beetles rule!

Old 12-27-2006, 01:17 AM
ABI Invaluable

One thing about WMP - it stores album art information in - not one, but three different locations! Not only does it embed the art in accordance with ID3v2.3 specifications, but it maintains backward-compatibility with its older (WMP 9 and 10) siblings by writing the album art to three different hidden .jpg files within the same directory as the music file (one of which is used by Explorer), and it saves thumbnails in its own database, which is saved in a hidden subdirectory of a subdirectory of a subdirectory of your "Documents and Settings" (XP) or "Users" (Vista) directory!

Old 12-27-2006, 01:28 AM

wow, i jsut skipped from page 1 to this one... so does media monkey show your album art on the ZVM after syncing? mine didnt... lol

Old 12-27-2006, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJ View Post
wow, i jsut skipped from page 1 to this one... so does media monkey show your album art on the ZVM after syncing? mine didnt... lol
yes, mine did. i updated my album art with that "locate with amazon" feature thingie. it embeds the album art into the file itself (i checked). i synced over and presto! there's my album art. i even ripped a few more CDs last night, synced again and everything works well. i love media monkey. considering purchasing the full version...

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later." - Mitch Hedberg

Old 12-27-2006, 10:07 AM

How do I remove album art though?

Old 12-27-2006, 10:38 AM

Solution to remove album art when ripping music:

Before you rip your music with Windows Media Player go to:

Tool > Options... > Rip Music (tab) > Rip Setting change format to mp3

All ripped music then will be imported without album art, then simply add it to your Zen as normal.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:00 AM

Well that worked for the first 3 albums but then decided to stop working after that. This really is awful. Anything but iPods???!

Old 12-27-2006, 03:32 PM

What s exactly the problem with WMP11? I have mediamonkey (gold too and I don't know which one to use to sync all my stuff

Old 12-27-2006, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pe3ps View Post
What s exactly the problem with WMP11? I have mediamonkey (gold too and I don't know which one to use to sync all my stuff
i was too scared to use WMP11, so i used media monkey and all is well. synced over everything, album art, too. and when new stuff is loaded, just press F5 to update your library and then sync to your ZVM again.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:20 AM

noobers here, I have been trying to sync my new 60gb with media monkey for a day. Only some of my album art is showing up, some isn't. (I edited my whole library with media monkey). Anyone have any idea why some albums will show the album art and others wont? I did the auto-tag from amazon for all. what can I try? and yes I have upgraded my firmware to the latest. thanks in advance.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:29 PM

I just got a Creative Zen Vision:M for Christmas and thought I would share with you guys my frustrations and solutions I have discovered to Album Art problems. Thanks to recommendations on this forum I'm using Media Monkey to obtain the Tag and Art info from Amazon and having it embed the art in the tag. At first this seemed to work great, but I discovered some art not working for certain albums. Here is a list of things to check for if you are having the same problems:

1 - Be sure to have "Album Artist" filled out in every song tag. I wondered what this tag field was for and decided to clear them all. Then I discovered none of my tracks album art would display on the Zen even though they showed in Media Monkey so I had to re-input the Album Artist for all my tracks (ouch).

2 - In Media Monkey's Synchronization Options -> Synchronize Tracks To: field I had it set to \Music\(Artist)\(Album)\(Title). I found this causes some albums to not get all their tracks and have problems with album art. Adding the track # with the title like this \Music\(Artist)\(Album)\(Track#) - (Title) cleared that up just fine.

3 - As others have already said in this thread, check to see if you have several albums with the same name (ie. Greatest Hits) and rename them to Artist - Greatest Hits or whatever.

4 - Select a track or block of tracks, right click on the Album Art and select "Album Art Properties" to see if there are multiple images embedded. This was causing a few of my tracks to show the wrong art.

I'm at a point now where all 5,116 of my tracks have proper tags and are displaying Album Art on my Zen Thanks again to the members of this forum for their advice and I hope my discoveries help others here.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:25 PM
ABI Invaluable

To all: If you have Creative Media Explorer installed alongside WMP11, then you need to update to the latest ZVM firmware and update Media Explorer with the patch listed on Creative's download site. These will correct the album art issues being caused by conficts between WMP11 and Media Explorer.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:52 AM

I'm going to install Media Monkey to see if that will fix my problem.

I have several files that are not part of a complete album so I use a common Album Name for all of those. I ended up with Van Halen album art showing for anything using that common album name. It made sense. So I searched and sure enough, found 1 Van Halen song that had that art. I got rid of it, check the rest all was fine. No more album art at all which is what I was going for. Well it's back. Yep, Van Halen art on all songs using that common name and I can't find that art in any file. It's like it was there, it was gone, and now it's back. Maybe Media Monkey will help? Hopefully on the ZVM so I don't have to resync everything....

Old 01-07-2007, 03:20 PM

Having read all of the above replies I'm still none the wiser as to why I just can't drag and drop a jpeg albem cover into the album art section when using Creative Media Explorer? The media files all transfer over and play without any problem but I would like the album art to show up as well but so far It doesn't want to play ball

I did a quick test and updated the ID tags using mp3 tag tools to embed the album art in the tags. I then uploaded the file onto my player and I still couldn't see any album art for that album when I played the songs. I'm really confused now

Old 01-07-2007, 04:45 PM

Since after only a few days CME hiccuped and won't work correctly on mine anymore, rather than reinstall it, I got MediaMonkey and will uninstall Creative's crappy SW.

That being said, are you trying to do this in Media Explorer? If so, don't. Use MediaSource since it's your organizer and management application. Right click on the song in your library (not one the ZVM), choose Edit Track Properties then Tag Information then select the album art .jpg file since it sounds like you have the art in an image file already. MediaSource, not Media Explorer.

You'll need to resync that file (copy it) to your ZVM again as it is now changed from the one on your ZVM now.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:12 PM
ABI Invaluable

If you apply any tag changes or add album art using any program other than WMP11, then you need to make sure you applied those changes to the copy of the song on the PC, delete the copy off the ZVM, and resync.

WMP11, on the other hand, allows for on-the-fly tag editing. I think it even allows on-the-device editing, but at any rate, any changes you make on the PC side will automatically change on the ZVM side when you sync.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:04 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick
To all: If you have Creative Media Explorer installed alongside WMP11, then you need to update to the latest ZVM firmware and update Media Explorer with the patch listed on Creative's download site. These will correct the album art issues being caused by conficts between WMP11 and Media Explorer.
So if I'm to have trouble free files on my player with album art showing for all files what version of firmaware should I have on my player and what is the exact title of the patch I need to download?, Links would be appreciated (come to think of it this problem with the album art only started when I upgraded to WMP 11 yesterday)

Old 01-08-2007, 07:46 AM

maybe he means this:

http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...ame=Windows+XP

(30 gb)

http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...ame=Windows+XP

(60 gb - more than likely just the same as the 30gb..)