Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Default Weird Zen V plus connection problem.

My Zen was working fine until yesterday. Now, when I plug it up to the PC, all it does is connection. In Device Manager, the Zen shows with a yellow exclamation mark, and says the device failed to start. From there I can uninstall it, and plug it back in. Then it DOES connect, and shows the connection icon on the Zen screen. However, after about 20 seconds, it will somehow disconnect itself. Then the yellow exclamation marks comes back. It will even disconnect itself while I am transferring files.

Here is what I have done so far:

Since my mobo has a VIA chipset, I went and bought a Belkin USB 2.0 PCI card, but no effect.

I reset the player, and did a drive cleanup. Also reinstalled the firmware (risky idea since I can only stay connected for about around 20 seconds!) Still nothing.

Also uninstalled the creative software, and re installed it, still nothing.

Getting very frustrated! The only I haven't done is to reinstall windows, which I am about to do. Next option is a complete format....which I do NOT want to do! I have searched the forums, but cannot find anything that is similar to my problem.

I am running XP with SP2, and Media Player 11.

Any help would be appreciated before I go and format!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]